Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Renne 2-0 H Post Match Thread

46 minutes ago, Roazhon Da Viken said:

Très déçu. Vous pouvez remercier l'arbitre sur 2 faits de jeu qui font basculer le score en votre faveur. Le pénalty indiscutable oublié pour nous à la 53' et la faute sur Majer qui vous permet de récupérer le ballon et de marquer le deuxième mais si cruel et immérité.

Bravo à vos supporters pour l'ambiance. Pas fan de votre jeu qui ressemble à celui de Lille et de Nice en L1 et que je n'apprécie guère.

On fait un assez mauvais match et on est capable de bien mieux.

Malgré celà, on tire 14 fois et vous 11.

On assure aussi 51 % de possession.

On aura certainement une équipe différente au retour avec notre équipe type qui a atomisé Lyon et battu Paris à l'aller.

Je crois encore à une prolongation au retour et que l'on s'impose dans celle-ci.

Si ça va aux tirs aux buts, vous gagnez.

chat merde se faire ramoner :D

• Haha 4

30 minutes ago, Ricey said:

When the ball went out for a throw we were doing the usual time wasting thing of walking towards it, picking it up, then giving it to someone else who has also strolled over. There was little urgency to try and keep the momentum going and extend the lead. 

To be fair we're usually like that when we're trailing too, particularly Maddison lol

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Roazhon Da Viken said:

Très déçu. Vous pouvez remercier l'arbitre sur 2 faits de jeu qui font basculer le score en votre faveur. Le pénalty indiscutable oublié pour nous à la 53' et la faute sur Majer qui vous permet de récupérer le ballon et de marquer le deuxième mais si cruel et immérité.

Bravo à vos supporters pour l'ambiance. Pas fan de votre jeu qui ressemble à celui de Lille et de Nice en L1 et que je n'apprécie guère.

On aura certainement une équipe différente au retour avec notre équipe type qui a atomisé Lyon et battu Paris à l'aller.

Je crois encore à une prolongation au retour et que l'on s'impose dans celle-ci.

There was a clear foul the referee missed on Dewsbury Hall outside your area at 53 minutes just before you created the chance you claim should've been a penalty for handball. If the referee had correctly awarded the free kick to Leicester you would not of created the chance you almost scored from :)

51 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

You sound like a Spurs fan. The 'handball' was NOT a penalty. The ball hit Soyuncu's hand after deflecting off his thigh. Additionally, his hand wasn't far enough away from his body and it was close range. No ref or VAR would've given that. 

Also, It was definitely NOT a foul for the second goal. That is an example of the physicality difference between the French League and Premier League.

Noticed yesterday we employed a tactic used by Liverpool. 

Central midfielder drops in to the RB spot, while the RB advances further up the pitch to allow for another attacker in the oppositions final third. 

Obviously in our scenario where it seemed to work a lot was Tielemans dropping deep and Justin to advance. This suited Justin as he would link with Albrighton further up the field and we'd look a bit dangerous not just on the left side. Looked to be done for majority of 2nd half and I thought it was working quite well. It meant Tielemans wasn't being marked out of the game and could dictate play easier from deep, and allowed Justin to attack which is where he's more comfortable. 

Then we bought Hamza on and that tactic went out the window lol lol

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Central midfielder drops in to the RB spot, while the RB advances further up the pitch to allow for another attacker in the oppositions final third. 

Obviously in our scenario where it seemed to work a lot was Tielemans dropping deep and Justin to advance. This suited Justin as he would link with Albrighton further up the field and we'd look a bit dangerous not just on the left side. Looked to be done for majority of 2nd half and I thought it was working quite well. It meant Tielemans wasn't being marked out of the game and could dictate play easier from deep, and allowed Justin to attack which is where he's more comfortable. 

We did it against West Ham as well 

15 minutes ago, StanSP said:

You make it sound like BR might actually know what he's doing... Is that allowed? :P :frantics::scarf:

15 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Superb performance. 
Can see them scoring in the second leg but so will we. 

Rennes have a goal difference of 28 in the French league, second best behind PSG. They scored 53 goals so far in their league. I wouldn’t be so confident, especially given the way we have conceded late goals this season and to lose from winning positions on so many occasions. 90 mins away from home is a long time. I was relieved therefore when Nacho scored. Let’s also hope you turn out to be right.

Edited by Tom12345

Guest StevieLynex

Good to win, but overall I wasn't really impressed with the performance. Rennes had quite a few half chances. Against a better team, we would have conceded. I think their level if probably the equivalent of, say, Burnley or Leeds

Edited by StevieLynex

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Hope that all of our players have had covid vaccines else they won't get into France next week for the return leg. 

1 hour ago, Roazhon Da Viken said:

Le pass vaccinal n'est plus obligatoire à partir de lundi en France.

as he says in french - the rules change next monday so no need to have two jabs to enter france 

1 hour ago, Roazhon Da Viken said:

You got a lot more from that ref than we did. You guys got a free kick from just falling over when our players got tight.

Never a handball also.

Halfway there, felt we deserved it. Looked like being a long night as we could barely get the ball in the first 20 but gradually settled down and had some sort of control in the game. Superb goal from Albrighton and we didn't look like conceding after that. Hopefully the second great goal of the night has given us enough of a cushion but still think a goal over there will boost us.

Atmosphere was good and the team was committed. Also shows how important clean sheets are- instead 2 goals are more than enough to win right now.

Wasn't sold on this competition when we were put into it but last night suggested everyone is keen for it so let's hope it lasts a while yet.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, coolcol said:

What's their link please, I'd love to read their reactions.

https://forum.stade-rennais-online.com/viewtopic.php?id=5515

Disappointed, but not throwing their toys out en masse.  Honestly, compared to English clubs’ fans they are sound.  Had we been on the other end of that, our post-match thread would be a giant pram crammed with screaming 2 year olds. 

I can’t figure out which one is @Allo_Allozh… maybe "Warrom"?  Whoever you are Allo ... and you also @Roazhon if you like what you see of Leicester City, watch more of our matches and maybe you will have a second club across the Channel.  Like SR, we are a beautiful but maddening club that at recent best has made the world take notice.

And thanks for your contributions on here … but please note … until you tell us what you think of Claude Puel, we cannot accept you as a full members.  :claude:

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Corky said:

Oh, and the referee was dreadful. Too fussy and how he didn't give a free-kick for the foul on Dewsbury-Hall which left him in a heap was incredible. Then he missed a blatant foul by Thomas later on.

genuinely one of the most bizarre displays from an official I have seen, he would let everything flow one minute and then blow for the smallest things the next just no consistency , I was expecting a dodgy handball or penalty call I can't lie 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jabfox said:

genuinely one of the most bizarre displays from an official I have seen, he would let everything flow one minute and then blow for the smallest things the next just no consistency , I was expecting a dodgy handball or penalty call I can't lie 

Yes he was shocking. Apparently related to Jean Moss!

2 hours ago, Roazhon Da Viken said:

201289607_raisinsaigres.JPG.193f37ac18bea46f04b25638ea9857f4.JPG

Quel dommage ... raisins aigres!

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Yes, I also noticed that after the first 20 where Barnes was being heavily marked KDH would drift out wide left and Barnes would drift just inside meaning that we could start dominating that side and getting Barnes on the ball more with some space.

This is far from over next week but I honestly couldn't have asked for much more. How we successfully defend a 2 nil advantage is to go there as if its nil nil, we need to be patient and calm and look to play on the counter.

We've not had too many 2 legged ties under Rodgers but his record in Europe is questionable and I hope he doesn't overthink his game plan and tactics for next week. 

• Like 1