Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Soyuncu

41 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

And let’s face it armarty has had more stuff ups than cags , so it has to be the manager who wants to punt him 

But Amartey’s attitude is first class. Cags performance against spurs was a disgrace, the writing was on the wall in all fairness after the Bournemouth game a few seasons ago. Cags has quality, but he’s a hair brain maniac, hence why he’s been shunned for players with better attitudes. 

4 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

It was his embarrassing lack of aggression against Spurs that seems to have been the final straw for Rodgers. 

It kinda suggests that he was not going to risk a serious injury because that would jeopardise his transfer  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fox1norfolk said:

It kinda suggests that he was not going to risk a serious injury because that would jeopardise his transfer  

Exactly right. We’re at the end of the season with little to play for and he probably already has a good idea who will be putting in firm bids for him. Last thing he wants is an injury that puts him out and scuppers a move he’s obviously been looking at for a long while.

I’d imagine Brendan would have challenged him on that and that’s why he’s been left out since.

Edit: leaving post here for comedy value after realizing the post is about Cags. Sorry @South Shire Fox

Oh enough. For the love of god. Stats wise - Youri has had the same season as last. Same goals, same assists. 

Yes, he's made some mistakes (he did that 20-21 season too) but to call him a liability is just stupid and massive sour grapes that's he's leaving. 

It could be that him leaving opens up a opportunity for someone that comes in and we do better as a team. Equally we could replace him with a Soumare. 

A fit and on-form Youri is capable of being world class. You don't replace players like that easily. 

Edited by TommyK

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd argue his regression started last season and then he had a horrible Euros (not necessarily his fault) and he's been in a slump all year. He did get a bit better after Xmas for a while but nowhere near as good as he had been, that 1st half of the 2019/20 was the best defensive run of games I've ever seen from a Leicester defender, he was colossal and so good on the ball. 

No surprise his lost confidence, his played in a defence that has chopped and changed personal and shape for the last 12 months. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pliskin said:

But Amartey’s attitude is first class. Cags performance against spurs was a disgrace, the writing was on the wall in all fairness after the Bournemouth game a few seasons ago. Cags has quality, but he’s a hair brain maniac, hence why he’s been shunned for players with better attitudes. 

Yeah, but his cock's fuching massive!

3 hours ago, TommyK said:

Edit: leaving post here for comedy value after realizing the post is about Cags. Sorry @South Shire Fox

Oh enough. For the love of god. Stats wise - Youri has had the same season as last. Same goals, same assists. 

Yes, he's made some mistakes (he did that 20-21 season too) but to call him a liability is just stupid and massive sour grapes that's he's leaving. 

It could be that him leaving opens up a opportunity for someone that comes in and we do better as a team. Equally we could replace him with a Soumare. 

A fit and on-form Youri is capable of being world class. You don't replace players like that easily. 

Youri must be feeling jealous. Whilst Caglar has both Madrid clubs, Barca, Juve & Chelsea interested, poor Youri has Arsenal 😂.

• Haha 3

I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Soyuncu but I did come round to the idea last season that he'll never really be totally reliable and for all his qualities, and he does have them, he's so prone to losing his head. He still plays like he's about 20 years old with a lot of potential. He feels quite raw as a player. By now he should be more reliable.

I don't wish him badly if he goes and I expect him to. I have this vision if he went to Atletico, funny as it may seem, Simeone might be able to work a bit of magic with him. I mean he improved Trippier's defending no end.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Soyuncu but I did come round to the idea last season that he'll never really be totally reliable and for all his qualities, and he does have them, he's so prone to losing his head. He still plays like he's about 20 years old with a lot of potential. He feels quite raw as a player. By now he should be more reliable.

I don't wish him badly if he goes and I expect him to. I have this vision if he went to Atletico, funny as it may seem, Simeone might be able to work a bit of magic with him. I mean he improved Trippier's defending no end.

He needs to focus on the basics... like his positioning and playing safe.  He needs to increase his concentration... and decision making.  A personal coach can sort him out.

CBs are expensive.... fix him

3 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

He needs to focus on the basics... like his positioning and playing safe.  He needs to increase his concentration... and decision making.  A personal coach can sort him out.

CBs are expensive.... fix him

fixed.gif

• Like 1

A new defensive coach @ LCFC may get him back to where he once was?  To replace him will be no cheaper than the fee we receive.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Not sure Rodgers has ever been convinced by him tbh.

Rodgers is obviously convinced Vestergaad is a better option. Rodgers's judgement of players in notoriously dodgy.

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd argue his regression started last season and then he had a horrible Euros (not necessarily his fault) and he's been in a slump all year. He did get a bit better after Xmas for a while but nowhere near as good as he had been, that 1st half of the 2019/20 was the best defensive run of games I've ever seen from a Leicester defender, he was colossal and so good on the ball. 

I think it's the case that he suited our more agressive style of play where he could be on the front foot and he was the player that woul be allowed to push forwards and try and win the ball back quickly. Much like Ndidi, he probably looks worse as he's no longer being utilised in a way that will get the best out of him.

He's definitely made errors but I think he'll always have them in his locker, we took away what he was best at so he's naturally looked worse than the player he was. The same has happened with Youri since KDH has come in.

Forcing players to play a way that doesn't get the best out of them rather than looking to get the best out of the players available.

• Like 2

He’d be absolutely insane for Simeone and the way they play. Bit of a match made in heaven to be honest. 

Hopefully that means they’re VERY keen and we’ll be able to get the money we’ll want and need for him.

Leicester City star Caglar Soyuncu switches agents with Chelsea and Tottenham monitoring situation

defender Caglar Soyuncu has switched agents ahead of a pivotal summer in his career.

The Turkey international, who has one year remaining on his contract, has joined Los Angeles-based agency Wasserman. The company already looks after a raft of talent including Soyuncu's Leicester teammates , and Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall.

However, the business move comes at a crucial time for 26-year-old Soyuncu amid increasing interest from rival clubs.

Soyuncu, 26, has joined the Wasserman agency that also represents Jamie Vardy

Atletico Madrid are monitoring developments over his future but so are Premier League sides Tottenham and Chelsea. 

Soyuncu made 41 appearances for Leicester this season, scoring once in the 4-2 win against Manchester United, and has been a key figure for Brendan Rodgers alongside Wesley Fofana and Jonny Evans.

He has been a strong performer for them since arriving from Freiburg for £19million but Leicester are wary they may have to make sacrifices this summer to fund a rebuild under Rodgers. 

Like many clubs they are awaiting clarity on Financial Fair Play requirements after absorbing heavy losses during Covid so players such as Soyuncu, Arsenal target Youri Tielemans and striker Ayoze Perez may be sold to balance the books and revamp the squad.

Rodgers wants signings this summer who will challenge for a regular place and create serious competition around the core of 16-18 first-team players. A new centre-half is regarded as essential.

• Like 1

I think we will have trouble trying to find a player of the same caliber, yes he has had some blues in his game this year , but our whole backline was all over the shop this year , put him with evans or little Wes and u will see a different player . So if we sell him and get between 25 and 30 million , how much is it going to cost us to buy a replacement and there is no guarantee that he will be better than cags . For me this is a crazy idea .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1