Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Soyuncu

1 hour ago, Bptiger said:

I think we will have trouble trying to find a player of the same caliber, yes he has had some blues in his game this year , but our whole backline was all over the shop this year , put him with evans or little Wes and u will see a different player . So if we sell him and get between 25 and 30 million , how much is it going to cost us to buy a replacement and there is no guarantee that he will be better than cags . For me this is a crazy idea .

We’ve got to trust the system. 

The valuation of a player, doesn’t seem how good they are.

3 hours ago, Bptiger said:

I think we will have trouble trying to find a player of the same caliber, yes he has had some blues in his game this year , but our whole backline was all over the shop this year , put him with evans or little Wes and u will see a different player . So if we sell him and get between 25 and 30 million , how much is it going to cost us to buy a replacement and there is no guarantee that he will be better than cags . For me this is a crazy idea .

I agree with most of this - he's been in poor form for a long time, but we've seen how good he can be. It will be very tough to find a replacement on par with an on-form Cags.

I disagree that it's crazy to sell, though. I think it's clear he wants to leave. He's about to be in the last year of his contract, and the alternative to selling this summer is losing him for nothing next year. We can't afford to let valuable players leave for free. Try finding a decent replacement without that £25m to £30m to spend!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Bptiger said:

Also no guarantee that Cags return his pervious form.

Replacing the cags we have seen this year is not going to be as hard as replacing the cags from the 19/20-20/21 seasons.

Also with less games we are likely to start the majority of games with Fofana and Evans.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You do realise he has only 1 year left on his deal and has shown absolutely no interest in signing a new deal? He's on the same deal as when he signed which is about £55-60k a week and was in line for a serious increase but has opted not to. Not a chance we let him run his contract down and move for free, you moan we can't get a replacement for thr £25-30m we might get for him so how do you envisage us getting one for nothing next summer when we have about 6 others probably leaving next summer too.

Sorry didn’t know his contract was up at the end of next year , so I are 100% right 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

Sorry didn’t know his contract was up at the end of next year , so I are 100% right 

It's a real shame, I loved Soyuncu and if he wanted to stay here then I think we should keep him but I think the writing is on the wall.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Bptiger said:

Thank God for that.

• 2 weeks later...

https://sempreinter.com/2022/06/11/inter-tracking-borussia-dortmunds-manuel-akanji-leicesters-caglar-soyncu-italian-media-report/

Inter Tracking Borussia Dortmund’s Manuel Akanji & Leicester’s Caglar Soyncu, Italian Media Report

Inter have identified Borussia Dortmund’s Manuel Akanji and Leiecester City’s Caglar Soyuncu among the candidates to reinforce the defense should a first-choice defender be sold this summer.

This according to today’s print edition of Milan-based newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport, who report that the Nerazzurri are exploring the possibility of signing one of the two defenders to replace Milan Skriniar, Stefan de Vrij, or Alessandro Bastoni.

The departure of one of Inter’s first-choice back three during the summer transfer window looks increasingly probable, and a player will have to be brought in to replace them if this is to be the case.

Leicester defender Soyuncu is a player who the Nerazzurri are looking at, whilst Akanji’s contract with Borussia Dortmund is set to run out at the end of June 2023, and he could be an attainable target.

Sporting Director Piero Ausilio is currently looking into the possibility of signing one of the pair.

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

https://sempreinter.com/2022/06/11/inter-tracking-borussia-dortmunds-manuel-akanji-leicesters-caglar-soyncu-italian-media-report/

Inter Tracking Borussia Dortmund’s Manuel Akanji & Leicester’s Caglar Soyncu, Italian Media Report

Inter have identified Borussia Dortmund’s Manuel Akanji and Leiecester City’s Caglar Soyuncu among the candidates to reinforce the defense should a first-choice defender be sold this summer.

This according to today’s print edition of Milan-based newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport, who report that the Nerazzurri are exploring the possibility of signing one of the two defenders to replace Milan Skriniar, Stefan de Vrij, or Alessandro Bastoni.

The departure of one of Inter’s first-choice back three during the summer transfer window looks increasingly probable, and a player will have to be brought in to replace them if this is to be the case.

Leicester defender Soyuncu is a player who the Nerazzurri are looking at, whilst Akanji’s contract with Borussia Dortmund is set to run out at the end of June 2023, and he could be an attainable target.

Sporting Director Piero Ausilio is currently looking into the possibility of signing one of the pair.

Guess this all hinges on PSG coughing up the 70m for Skriniar and perhaps Bastoni leaving (though that is looking less likely atm)

Skriniar would give them enough funds for the Lukaku loan and to bring in Dybala and whatever defensive reinforcements they need

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Seems to have quietened on the Bremer to Inter front. Wonder if Inter go for Cags we can work in a deal for Bremer in exchange for Praet seeing as they’re still keen on him…

£20million + Praet for Bremer? 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-transfer-soyuncu-inter-7196390

Leicester City 'meet' with Italian transfer chief to discuss deal

Leicester City officials met with Inter Milan sporting director Piero Ausilio in London this week to discuss Caglar Soyuncu, according to a report in Italy.

The Italian giants' transfer chief had reportedly flown to London for talks with Chelsea over a deal for Romelu Lukaku, but also spoke to Leicester while in the country. It is widely accepted that at least one of Inter's three first-choice centre-backs will leave this summer, and they have identified Soyuncu as a potential replacement.

That's according to Italian newspaper La Gazetta dello Sport, who say Ausilio asked Leicester about Soyuncu's availability in the summer transfer window - which officially opened yesterday. Soyuncu is understood to be one of several Leicester players who could leave the club this summer, with Youri Tielemans' departure to Arsenal also looking likely.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

i'm surprised anyone is interested him, been league 1 level for over a year now

Other than a handful of games he's been absolutely fine. A drop off to 2019/20 where he looked like he was going to be one of the best defenders in the league but he'll leave here and do well. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Other than a handful of games he's been absolutely fine. A drop off to 2019/20 where he looked like he was going to be one of the best defenders in the league but he'll leave here and do well. 

...one thing that struck me regarding the photograph of him and Under and a friend (a year or so ago), was how unhappy he looked!!!

Thought it was strange at the time, with one of your long time best friend trying to settle in, but he looked despondent. It could just have been his feelings briefly at that moment,  but there was nothing there that gave you the feeling of someone who was in anyway happy.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Of course he's not league 1 level.  However, he's made the same mistakes on numerous occasions, primarily unforced errors, and seeing him dwell on the ball last season has cost me a fortune in underwear.  I just feel he's got a mistake in him every game.  A bit like David Luiz.  Wish him well but will not be sorry to see him depart. 

Guest Col city fan
11 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Of course he's not league 1 level.  However, he's made the same mistakes on numerous occasions, primarily unforced errors, and seeing him dwell on the ball last season has cost me a fortune in underwear.  I just feel he's got a mistake in him every game.  A bit like David Luiz.  Wish him well but will not be sorry to see him depart. 

Quite simply, he needs to play alongside a very good and confident CB

He’d have been fine alongside Fofana this season

We all know how good Soyuncu can be, but not as the mainstay CB

42 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

I don't think he was that bad, he's still our best defender on the ball 100%

• Like 2