Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Soyuncu

12 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I'm not surprised Soyuncu dumped his agent so. If everyone around him we're on 70 to 100 and he's still on 45 I'm not surprised he wants to leave.

Maybe that's why he was putting in sub par performances .

Yes. I bet he can barely survive on that.

Perhaps if he wants a stars salary he should perform like one. He is not that much of a loss if he goes.

13 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I'm not surprised Soyuncu dumped his agent so. If everyone around him we're on 70 to 100 and he's still on 45 I'm not surprised he wants to leave.

Maybe that's why he was putting in sub par performances .

We've offered him new contracts and he's never been interested, it's quite odd really given we offered him a new one towards the latter part of 2019/20 but perhaps he'd already earmarked leaving but as of yet it hasn't happened.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We've offered him new contracts and he's never been interested, it's quite odd really given we offered him a new one towards the latter part of 2019/20 but perhaps he'd already earmarked leaving but as of yet it hasn't happened.

His agent came out at the end of that season talking about him possibly going to Barcelona, Liverpool, PSG etc...

https://www.football-espana.net/2020/05/17/caglar-soyuncus-agent-hints-at-barcelona-interest-ahead-of-2020-21-season

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

So he's comfortablely done himself out of 3 million over the last 2 seasons.

Very strange.

Edited by Clever Fox
1 word too many.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Not sure about that. After all, we were willing to pay a £36M transfer fee for that "unproven teenager".

That's true, but he was still unproven at premier level.

Was it Puel who tipped us off or was it Walsh and his Scouts .

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

Anyone else think that he feels undervalued Contract wise.

If reports are correct and he's on 45k with Evans and Fofana 60 to 70 and Hamza and Vestry 50k  He may feel that he's worth more.

Just a thought.

....hard to believe his agent would not have pushed for a new contract, but the situation with Under may have convinced him not to renew!!!

His agent is either very poor or his hand has been tied, due to Soyuncu not extending. As an agent he has just under 800 players with 260 in the first tier with a total market value of £1.33Bn (Transfer Market). You would think he knows how to play the game, and he is also Harvey Barnes agent.

• Like 1

There's no way we paid an unproven teenager 55 k when he signed . That's more like what he may be on now.

There is absolutely no chance someone (or their agent) who cost £33M is gonna come here on £20k per week and be on about the same as what we were paying a 36 year old 3rd choice goalkeeper. Not happening in a million years

• Like 4

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Fofana was on £20k a week at St Etienne and we tripled it, as publicly confirmed by Fofana himself hence he pushed for the move. He's since signed a new deal which will be probably 6 figures a week.

No chance he was on 20k a week there, more like 5/10.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
24 minutes ago, MadsEmil said:

there's the money for cags

Theyll sign Bremer.

Has there been any movement on this?

I like Soyuncu a lot but it’s clear he wants to leave and I’d rather get a fee in sooner than later so we can try to bring a right-winger and a Tielemans replacement in.

It’s an earlier start to this season than usual as well. Part of me thinks we’re trying but struggling to shift Soyuncu and Tielemans which is hampering when we’ll be able to get players in.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Has there been any movement on this?

I like Soyuncu a lot but it’s clear he wants to leave and I’d rather get a fee in sooner than later so we can try to bring a right-winger and a Tielemans replacement in.

It’s an earlier start to this season than usual as well. Part of me thinks we’re trying but struggling to shift Soyuncu and Tielemans which is hampering when we’ll be able to get players in.

I think this is at the heart of it. We can't spend big until we sell, and it doesn't appear that any deals are close for either of these players. It's just a waiting game, which is not what we need.

• Like 2

Spurs are pushing out the Boat to support Conte. They're afraid he might walk if they don't.

Spurs’ recruitment has been excellent since Fabio Paritici joined the club as DOF, Bremer would be yet another Serie A based, excellent signing. One bold decision to appoint an ambitious, driven manager in Conte, support him and they’re genuinely worlds apart from us again now. We had bridged the gap considerably in the last few years but they’ve really got their house in order and are developing a quality squad again.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

Spurs’ recruitment has been excellent since Fabio Paritici joined the club as DOF, Bremer would be yet another Serie A based, excellent signing. One bold decision to appoint an ambitious, driven manager in Conte, support him and they’re genuinely worlds apart from us again now. We had bridged the gap considerably in the last few years but they’ve really got their house in order and are developing a quality squad again.

Brendan doesn't really have the pulling power to sign these sort of players ..that's why we end up getting linked with Southampton's deadwood 

• Like 1