Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Soyuncu

2 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

Spurs’ recruitment has been excellent since Fabio Paritici joined the club as DOF, Bremer would be yet another Serie A based, excellent signing. One bold decision to appoint an ambitious, driven manager in Conte, support him and they’re genuinely worlds apart from us again now. We had bridged the gap considerably in the last few years but they’ve really got their house in order and are developing a quality squad again.

Yes, I totally agree. They're going to be a real force next season. Definitely top 4 I'd say.

We need to get our finger out whoever is responsible for our failings. Otherwise it's going to be a long season.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Yes, I totally agree. They're going to be a real force next season. Definitely top 4 I'd say.

We need to get our finger out whoever is responsible for our failings. Otherwise it's going to be a long season.

Absolutely mate, I think the reality is Spurs have significantly improved under Conte and made some excellent signings, they’re not on the same level as Man City or Liverpool but I think they’ll really push for 3rd. And for us, that means they’ve strengthened beyond our capability. Things can change quickly in football (like Spurs improvement) but I’d say we’re a good couple seasons of excellent recruitment to close the gap again (not get level).

1 minute ago, MalletFox said:

Absolutely mate, I think the reality is Spurs have significantly improved under Conte and made some excellent signings, they’re not on the same level as Man City or Liverpool but I think they’ll really push for 3rd. And for us, that means they’ve strengthened beyond our capability. Things can change quickly in football (like Spurs improvement) but I’d say we’re a good couple seasons of excellent recruitment to close the gap again (not get level).

Yes,They've definitely signed quality. Conte just has to get them to click, Which I'm sure he will with Kane and Son and that lad they signed in January getting the goals.

As for us, we just have to hope that we sign some quality and no panic buys like last Summer.

• Like 1

Where’s the Spurs have suddenly become good from? I think posters have a man crush with Conte

Truth is Spurs have been in Europe for the past 10 seasons with 5 of those past 10 seasons being in the Champions Lge 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

A provincial club our size cannot expect to compete with the  " elite " .  The last few years have  been exceptional for a club and fan base our size but don't expect to be challenging in the future. A comfortable league position and occasional cup run and we are back in the status quo.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jerry said:

A provincial club our size cannot expect to compete with the  " elite " .  The last few years have  been exceptional for a club and fan base our size but don't expect to be challenging in the future. A comfortable league position and occasional cup run and we are back in the status quo.

Yeah agreed, you can see the Big 6 flexing their financial muscle again now! Arsenal and Man Utd looking like the weakest links currently who we can hopefully tag onto next season if we get a good wind and stay injury free with no European football.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Yes,They've definitely signed quality. Conte just has to get them to click, Which I'm sure he will with Kane and Son and that lad they signed in January getting the goals.

As for us, we just have to hope that we sign some quality and no panic buys like last Summer.

The key reason spurs are flexing is the massive revenue hike after moving into their new stadium. FFP is massively linked to revenue now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

Spurs still have massive debts though. Around 1B the last I read. Due mainly to the new Stadium. 

Is debt Amortized in FFP.? surely it must be.

Refinance is the thing of late, I mean look at Barcelona, just increasing your debts over a longer period and things will be fine.....the football equivalent of remortgaging   lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Spurs still have massive debts though. Around 1B the last I read. Due mainly to the new Stadium. 

Pervious debt doesn't matter under the new FFP rules, just the payments you make against it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Refinance is the thing of late, I mean look at Barcelona, just increasing your debts over a longer period and things will be fine.....the football equivalent of remortgaging   lol

This is what Governments do 

Let inflation take care of the debt over time.

49 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Pervious debt doesn't matter under the new FFP rules, just the payments you make against it.

It seems strange that the level of debt doesn't count, only ability to pay.

I'd love to read the whole FFP rules if anyone knows where they are readable or available.

7 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I'd love to read the whole FFP rules if anyone knows where they are readable or available.

Can you then do a 100 word summary please?

3 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

...I  don't see why it should be, wouldn't it be a precursor to a poorly run club, and as such what FFP seeks to avoid!!!

Any club carrying such a debt, may be forced to do things, that they really, should not be doing.

7 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

The one and only copy of the FFP rules and regulations are apparently safely tucked away in a lockbox right beside the holy grail that's in the captains quarters of Noahs arc, which is moored somewhere in the lost city of Atlantis.... and we can't find the key to the lockbox either. Jimmy Hoffa was the last to have it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I  don't see why it should be, wouldn't it be a precursor to a poorly run club, and as such what FFP seeks to avoid!!!

Any club carrying such a debt, may be forced to do things, that they really, should not be doing.

Not necessarily, for instance staying with Spuds for example. They've built 900 mil pd Stadium.

That's a positive reason for the debt. And a valuable asset which may prove self financing. Through additional uses.

As opposed to squandering it on a bunch of useless players like Utd seem to keep doing.

It's not really about the size of the debt. It's more about the abily to service that debt.

As in Utds case it's well within their means, just not good for their aspirations in winning Trophies.

Spuds on the other hand, Taking the ground out of the equation, Their not too indebted, Which puts them in a strong position going forward.

Which still leaves my original question of. How is Stadium debt handled in relation to FFP.

Is it set aside as a company non football debt. Or is it Amortized of 10 or more years and part of the FFP Calculations.

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

Reflection of the real world, you can have a massive mortgage as long as you can service the debt 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Not necessarily, for instance staying with Spuds for example. They've built 900 mil pd Stadium.

That's a positive reason for the debt. And a valuable asset which may prove self financing. Through additional uses.

As opposed to squandering it on a bunch of useless players like Utd seem to keep doing.

It's not really about the size of the debt. It's more about the abily to service that debt.

As in Utds case it's well within their means, just not good for their aspirations in winning Trophies.

Spuds on the other hand, Taking the ground out of the equation, Their not too indebted, Which puts them in a strong position going forward.

Which still leaves my original question of. How is Stadium debt handled in relation to FFP.

Is it set aside as a company non football debt. Or is it Amortized of 10 or more years and part of the FFP Calculations.

Does that mean LCFC could buy companies, that are not football related on debt, but use the profits for the football club?