Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Soyuncu

5 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

It just feels weird. He was a revelation at first. A genuine cult figure too. The drop off seems odd. Unless of course he just isn’t quite as good as we all thought. 

He was superb for a good 12-18 months though. I don’t think that happens by fluke and that’s too long to just be good form, so I think it’s unfair to say he wasn’t as good as we thought.

I can’t remember another Leicester player who dropped off so dramatically though.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sampson said:

He was superb for a good 12-18 months though. I don’t think that happens by fluke and that’s too long to just be good form, so I think it’s unfair to say he wasn’t as good as we thought.

I can’t remember another Leicester player who dropped off so dramatically though.

Interesting that he and Maguire were superb when playing regularly alongside Evans.

3 minutes ago, Sampson said:

The treatment of his best mate Cengiz Under by Brendan really p***ed him off. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

The treatment of his best mate Cengiz Under by Brendan really p***ed him off. 

Conjecture or fact?  not that it matters on FT.

52 minutes ago, Sampson said:

I think 12-18 months is stretching it, at least from a consistency POV. Fantastic until about Christmas in 19/20, not all that good after. Same story with the following season although his high moments there were arguably not quite as high as the start of 19/20.

Said before and I'll say it again but getting rid of the shaggy locks for that godforsaken "see you at Survivor Series" ponytail was the turning point.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

I think there were gaps in his game appearing before then. First few months in 19/20 he was brilliant for us, but he was poor vs Norwich in the home game and gaps started to appear in his game. And then Bournemouth highlighted his problems in handling pressure situations.  

20/21 he was very good in the main but without Evans alongside him, and again in a high pressure situation, his game fell apart in critical games vs Tottenham and Newcastle. 

21/22, he struggled in a more leadership role without either Evans or Fofana alongside him. 

Just don't think he has the mental strength, he loses his focus far too often and struggles under pressure. Turkey in the Euros is another good example of him struggling to handle a high pressure situation. 

Bournemouth I think was a breaking point, and then that awful Turkey campaign just put him in free fall. Sometimes you just need a new start to get your head right.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Cags has been iffy since the Callum Wilson Bournemouth meltdown 19/20. Season after he was mostly either injured or coming back from injury, and then last season after an encouraging start completely fell away and ended up below Amartey in the CB pecking order.

I don't think Under has alot to do with it, and it's a strange excuse for him if it is.

.. we did see Johnny Evans have a similar meltdown in a game and people were speculating if he was deliberately trying to get himself set off!!!

The speculation surrounding Under, being the reason for his (Soyuncu's) drop in quality could have some weight, as Cags English is not great and having his very good friend around and then seeing his frustration in the process of trying to prove himself,  must not have been easy, especially when Under knew he was not going to be picked up.

The Youri situation maybe impacting what is happening with Soyuncu, as the way we are handling Tielemans should in Caglar's mind be no different from how he himself should be treated.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Update.

20 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Bournemouth I think was a breaking point, and then that awful Turkey campaign just put him in free fall. Sometimes you just need a new start to get your head right.

He was pretty good for us in 20/21 except the end of the season when it mattered most.

Agree the awful Turkey Euro campaign set him back for last season. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

I still think he is a better option, yes we might get $25 million for him , but a ready made CB will cost a lot more , if evans and Wes stay fit cags will just fine 

Problem being is that he hasn’t signed a contract and so will be leaving for free next year if we keep him now

Edited by Hamilton Fox
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

I still think he is a better option, yes we might get $25 million for him , but a ready made CB will cost a lot more , if evans and Wes stay fit cags will just fine 

...I  feel Colwill maybe cheaper and Soyuncu who at times can be top class, is no longer committed to the club!!!

That could either be, he has no love for the club or like some employees, do not constantly go knocking on the managers door looking for a raise,  and he feels unappreciated in view of his salary. 

In a footballing sense, he needs to mature and to become the leader in the defence, as I feel he tends to park that responsibility too often.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

8 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Yeah, looks like Colwill is our no.1 target but we need Chelsea to buy Ake and perhaps one more CB before we can complete a deal. 

Straight swap would probably suit all parties but no doubt that'd be far too simple and convenient 🥴

• Like 1

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-playing-hardball-burned-club-year-handling-two-frustrating-situations/

Leicester playing hardball after being ‘burned’ by club this year – Handling two frustrating situations

Currently contracted to Leicester City until 2023, Çaglar Soyüncü’s future needs to be sorted out this summer.

The Turkey international either has to be sold or renewed, and with no real talk of a new contract being discussed, the former outcome appears to be the best bet for everyone.

However, there aren’t many takers as of yet, with only a few murmurs of interest coming out of Italy, where Inter are considering him.

That’s according to Gazzetta dello Sport, who report on Monday that the Leicester player would be a ‘second’ incoming for the Serie A side after they have found the main man to replace Milan Škriniar, should he be sold to Paris Saint-Germain.

The Turkish player is being evaluated alongside Dan-Axel Zagadou, currently a free agent, and ‘the hypothesis of borrowing a more prestigious name such as Leicester’s Soyüncü’ is there.

Now, the key word in there is ‘borrowing’, as it appears Inter aren’t overly keen on a full transfer, which puts Leicester in a bit of a conundrum.

For a loan to happen, the two clubs would either have to agree on a mandatory purchase clause to be paid regardless of the fact Soyüncü would eventually enter the final six months of his contract, or the Foxes would have to renew the player for a year and simply delay the problem by another 12 months.

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-playing-hardball-burned-club-year-handling-two-frustrating-situations/

Leicester playing hardball after being ‘burned’ by club this year – Handling two frustrating situations

Currently contracted to Leicester City until 2023, Çaglar Soyüncü’s future needs to be sorted out this summer.

The Turkey international either has to be sold or renewed, and with no real talk of a new contract being discussed, the former outcome appears to be the best bet for everyone.

However, there aren’t many takers as of yet, with only a few murmurs of interest coming out of Italy, where Inter are considering him.

That’s according to Gazzetta dello Sport, who report on Monday that the Leicester player would be a ‘second’ incoming for the Serie A side after they have found the main man to replace Milan Škriniar, should he be sold to Paris Saint-Germain.

The Turkish player is being evaluated alongside Dan-Axel Zagadou, currently a free agent, and ‘the hypothesis of borrowing a more prestigious name such as Leicester’s Soyüncü’ is there.

Now, the key word in there is ‘borrowing’, as it appears Inter aren’t overly keen on a full transfer, which puts Leicester in a bit of a conundrum.

For a loan to happen, the two clubs would either have to agree on a mandatory purchase clause to be paid regardless of the fact Soyüncü would eventually enter the final six months of his contract, or the Foxes would have to renew the player for a year and simply delay the problem by another 12 months.

**** me... We aren't going to make signings or sales til the deadline aren't we?

• Like 1

On 10/07/2022 at 11:50, Sampson said:

Jackie Sinclair in the sixties.

• Like 1

On 10/07/2022 at 11:22, Jaspa said:

Cags has been iffy since the Callum Wilson Bournemouth meltdown 19/20. Season after he was mostly either injured or coming back from injury, and then last season after an encouraging start completely fell away and ended up below Amartey in the CB pecking order.

I don't think Under has alot to do with it, and it's a strange excuse for him if it is.

I have heard he wasn’t happy with how Under was treated…. Cags is clearly a bit of a nutter so I wouldn’t put it past him to hold a petty grudge. 

30 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I think Cags will be loaned out to Italy or somewhere. And we will probably get a CB in on loan. 

no way we loan him out without an obligation to buy, remember hes entered his final year with us 

• Like 2

We'll pimp him out to anyone who'll listen for a pittance. It's a shame he'll have his sights on a top club because you can bet your arse we could get a decent fee from a nearly promoted side or an also ran. Neco williams just went for £17 mill ffs. 

Edited by JimJams

2 hours ago, LFox99 said:

no way we loan him out without an obligation to buy, remember hes entered his final year with us 

We may have no choice. We need to free up squad space and it seems no one will pay the money due to the contract situations. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1