Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Soyuncu

2 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Even if said replacement who we pay £20m for sells for couple that?

Yes... because if the new player sells for £40m, that's only £20m profit. Rather than lose Soyuncu for free, sign him up to a longer contract and flog him for £20m at some point and it's pretty much the same outcome. 

Just now, Babylon said:

Yes... because if the new player sells for £40m, that's only £20m profit. Rather than lose Soyuncu for free, sign him up to a longer contract and flog him for £20m at some point and it's pretty much the same outcome. 

Maybe if it’s played out on paper in an idealistic way but for me it makes perfect sense to move Cags on if we are to compete as we have done.

I suspect the club think he is a liability waiting to happen and could result in yet another huge write off so won’t budge on what he wants. 

We really need to try to get back to plucking some gems out who will increase in value. Once Fofana and Maddison have gone we really dont have many players that will bring in the sort of cash needed to keep rebuilding and not be willing to write off £20m on someone we can see is a liability.

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

We've tried to renew them, I think people need to get used to players running contracts down as it's going to happen more and more often. Premier league teams ask ludicrous sums for their players, look at what people value our players at, seemingly based on Maguire and not much else. The prices they talk about are bonkers, few clubs will pay that money and we as a club have probably been guilty of it also. 

The more that happens, the more players are just not going to sign and run down contracts to gain the power back from clubs asking silly money. It won't just be us stung by it. 

this is why getting justin, fofana and ricardo when injured/ soon after was a bit of a master stroke by the club. 

the fofana deal is the best move the club has made in a very long time 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
5 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Sadly this is a shit source. And no way do we get 30m for him.

8 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Shame it is a crap source

But IF true, an opening bid of €30m? There would be no further bids needed

The source is reporting positive news for us, surely that automatically makes it a good source, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Thinking selling Cag’s is a good thing, who would have thought that a short while ago?  Strange times. I have concerns that the house of cards is slowly toppling and it’s ALL Brendan’s fault. Well, some of it, the mad midget cockwomble. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Tell them their final offer can be £20m and we'll still accept 😂

Then they'll offer £8.5m with 1.5 in Champions League winning bonus.

This is an Italian club we're talking about; when you want to buy - "oh no sorry, £15m more please he is world class potential and good boy", when you want to sell "but you do not want this player, I know we like him alot but here is £5m plus a bag of tomatoes, you must accept".

• Haha 1

I know cags has coped a lot of crap , but are we missing the real problem , BEEN Rodgers , players don’t preform, and all of a sudden there left out never to be seen again , Pratt , cags , mendy , under , nacho , it’s almost like Rodgers can’t or won’t try and fix the problem, his idea just sit them on the bench and that’s it . Just my take . 

2 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

I know cags has coped a lot of crap , but are we missing the real problem , BEEN Rodgers , players don’t preform, and all of a sudden there left out never to be seen again , Pratt , cags , mendy , under , nacho , it’s almost like Rodgers can’t or won’t try and fix the problem, his idea just sit them on the bench and that’s it . Just my take . 

The trouble is when you've got a squad of decent players then someone isn't going to be in the team. 

Would you honestly pick Mendy over ndidi in a Premier league match? 

Would you pick Nacho over vardy or maddison? 

I know everything has to be Rodgers witch hunt but Ultimately every manager with a good squad is going to struggle to keep everyone happy and in from even absolutely elite managers like Klopp and Pep are loosing top talent to their rivals this summer (mane, Sterling, ake) it's the price you pay for assembling a good squad. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If CS can rekindle his form when he first replaced Maguire then he’s easily worth £20m. If it’s last season’s Caglar - not so much. 

I’d be worried about letting him go unless we are quite advanced in terms of identifying a replacement. We’d be an injury of two away from starting with Amartey and Vestergaard 

On 13/07/2022 at 16:24, LFox99 said:

Someone should make an Ekrem Konur tweet generator. It’ll probably be right just as much as he is.  

🚨Real Madrid are planning to make a €76m opening bid for Turkish midfielder Zeki Çelik. 🇹🇷 #LOSC #HalaMadrid

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

bremer going to juve could be great for us

If inter offered us that for cags then I would take it. 

Though I feel there is a great player in cags and we havent helped him refund his form.  I had high hopes for him and I hope he goes on to do very well.

• Like 2

Just now, foxinsocks said:

If inter offered us that for cags then I would take it. 

Though I feel there is a great player in cags and we havent helped him refund his form.  I had high hopes for him and I hope he goes on to do very well.

Not our problem he didn't keep his receipt

• Haha 1