Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Soyuncu

3 hours ago, taupe said:

Which Cags thread to post in? This one will do...

My current thinking as to why Cags isn't being selected; he hasn't shagged any member of Rodgers' family, or dumped in or on his car. Rodgers doesn't even (maybe) hold grudges. I reckon it's because Cags has given up and Rodgers can see that on the training ground (we obviously don't)

Incidents like Veste rinsing him. Not that he did it but that Cags let Veste do it. Cags was half-assed, didn't care. Maybe Cags' is now just in cruise control mode, turning up for training and going through the motions.

I've no idea why but maybe he just wants to see his contract out and reassess where he is, maybe make a move back to Turkey. Bottom line is, as far we're concerned is he's given up.

Think he got badly destroyed in the Euro’s for Turkey but yes, I do think that has made him be less bothered about doing the hard yards anymore

3 hours ago, taupe said:

My current thinking as to why Cags isn't being selected; he hasn't shagged any member of Rodgers' family, or dumped in or on his car. Rodgers doesn't even (maybe) hold grudges. I reckon it's because Cags has given up and Rodgers can see that on the training ground (we obviously don't)

Incidents like Veste rinsing him. Not that he did it but that Cags let Veste do it. Cags was half-assed, didn't care. Maybe Cags' is now just in cruise control mode, turning up for training and going through the motions.

I've no idea why but maybe he just wants to see his contract out and reassess where he is, maybe make a move back to Turkey. Bottom line is, as far we're concerned is he's given up.

Or hes just shit? Good 6 months in 19/20 season then appalling ever since. Have friends who support different teams and they all say hes a donkey. Blokes as bigger myth as Brendan Rodgers

18 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Or hes just shit? Good 6 months in 19/20 season then appalling ever since. Have friends who support different teams and they all say hes a donkey. Blokes as bigger myth as Brendan Rodgers

Maybe there is a rule of thumb that when someone has been shite for longer they have been decent, they are declared officially shite

(a player requires at least 6 months sample size or 1 bad game and they are shite)

3 hours ago, taupe said:

If he’s given up then why is he in the squad? Sure he’s definitely out of favour with Rodgers, I’m sure there has been a personality clash, the way he got called out for bottling the tackle in the Spurs match indicates all is not well with their relationship. Rodger’s probably not happy with that on top of Soyuncu running down his contract. It’s simple for me. Is he a better centre back than Amartey? Yes. Is he a better centre back than Vestergaard in a back 4? Yes. He should be starting now Fofana is on his way irrespective of any personal clashes with the manager. 

Just now, funkyrobot said:

If he’s given up then why is he in the squad? Sure he’s definitely out of favour with Rodgers, I’m sure there has been a personality clash, the way he got called out for bottling the tackle in the Spurs match indicates all is not well with their relationship. Rodger’s probably not happy with that on top of Soyuncu running down his contract. It’s simple for me. Is he a better centre back than Amartey? Yes. Is he a better centre back than Vestergaard in a back 4? Yes. He should be starting now Fofana is on his way irrespective of any personal clashes with the manager. 

Trouble is, there is zero evidence in the last year that this is true.  :(

We canno conclude that Cags is good simply because Dan or Jannick are only decent or even poor

My point really is that we don't see what's happening on the training ground.

Cags isn't "just shit". He's done remarkably well if he is and it's taken this long to be found out. And as much I have my concerns about Rodgers, I don't but into the grudge or favour opinions. No, I reckon Rodgers is basing his decisions on what he sees day-to-day on the training ground. And I reckon he sees more in Dan at the moment because Dan is working harder at improving his game. My guess is Cags no longer gives a shit.

49 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Trouble is, there is zero evidence in the last year that this is true.  :(

We canno conclude that Cags is good simply because Dan or Jannick are only decent or even poor

When Soyuncu played alongside Evans he was generally good. The issue Cags had was having to play alongside Amartey or Ndidi or play in a back 3. He’s not great at the latter and he needs an experienced partner directing him in a back 2 like Evans (as arguablly Maguire needed before him.) Amartey or Ndidi were definitely not that putting pressure on Cags. He’s better than Amartey and Verstergaard. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, taupe said:

Cags isn't "just shit". He's done remarkably well if he is and it's taken this long to be found out. And as much I have my concerns about Rodgers, I don't but into the grudge or favour opinions. No, I reckon Rodgers is basing his decisions on what he sees day-to-day on the training ground. And I reckon he sees more in Dan at the moment because Dan is working harder at improving his game. My guess is Cags no longer gives a shit.

If Cags wasn’t putting any effort in then he would be out of the squad surely? He’s in ahead of Verstergaard so Rodger’s must see him (correctly IMO) as the better option.

6 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

When Soyuncu played alongside Evans he was generally good. The issue Cags had was having to play alongside Amartey or Ndidi or play in a back 3. He’s not great at the latter and he needs an experienced partner directing him in a back 2 like Evans (as arguablly Maguire needed before him.) Amartey or Ndidi were definitely not that putting pressure on Cags. He’s better than Amartey and Verstergaard. 

He isn’t now

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

He isn’t now

Are u seriously telling me that Soyuncu would’ve looked more out of sorts than Amartey against Southampton? No chance for me, Soyuncu is the better centre back. Rodger’s has fallen out with him IMO and for whatever reason he can’t put personal differences aside and play him. Instead he’s letting him rot on the bench. 

3 minutes ago, taupe said:

Not surely, no. He's still a good player and a better option than Veste.

So you are saying that Rodger’s would see Soyuncu not putting the effort in and still select him? Don’t see any evidence of that other than a Vesty flick-flack in a training session. 

39 minutes ago, taupe said:

He is though, hes been found out for 3 years at this level. The amount of times hes switched off or done something rash leading to an opposition goal is frightening. Got Turkish league written all over him

2 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Ok. I can’t see it myself, but we both agree effort or no effort that he’s better than Vesty. 

He's the better option for the bench, yes. 

I fully expect Cags' to start against Stockport. If he doesn't then I will think something is amiss!

I don't know if they're keeping him on the bench because they don't want to take the risk of him being injured ahead of a potential transfer.

Or Soyuncu is so bad in training, he's somehow worse than Amartey who's been at fault or directly contributed to 4 of the goals we've conceded so far. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1