Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Soyuncu

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Hopefully the 2 or 3 would depend on if a RW of suitable quality arrives

Hopefully,  if we don’t get a suitable centre half replacement, we don't see 3 again. Neither have we got a strong 3 or proper wing backs to compliment them in the first place which defeats the object of the exercise. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 2

On 27/08/2022 at 12:15, volpeazzurro said:

Brent will probably compound the problems by playing 3 of them rather than 2 decent one's protected by more able midfielders. With Rodgers, it's system before sense, philosophy before practicality. 

A back 3 makes sense if you have gash options at centre half 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Rodgers says his 'desire' isn't there in training which is why Amartey starts ahead of him. 

Does anyone show desire for turgid Rodger’s ball? Could you imagine having to listen to David Brent mk II everyday, especially when English isn’t your first language. My guess is when he or Rodger’s finally does go, we find out that Rodger’s hadn’t spoken to him for months. Great man manager. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

A back 3 makes sense if you have gash options at centre half 

Seriously? Surely playing 2 gash players is better than playing 3? You can replace the 3rd one with a decent midfielder in a different formation to protect the 2 centre halves surely? Or, the extra midfielder also helps to keep the opposition busier in their own half of the pitch. Either way, you're one gash thing light 🤣.

I personally think that a 4 man defence with Evans and Soyuncu with the right players in front of them is the best option.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Seriously? Surely playing 2 gash players is better than playing 3? You can replace the 3rd one with a decent midfielder in a different formation to protect the 2 centre halves surely? Or, the extra midfielder also helps to keep the opposition busier in their own half of the pitch. Either way, you're one gash thing light 🤣.

I personally think that a 4 man defence with Evans and Soyuncu with the right players in front of them is the best option.

Agree but I was really put off by Rodgers comments , if he's dialling it in in training and being a cock its not great 

23 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I think the logic is about protection in numbers. Paul Merson made this point when Maguire signed for Man Utd. He questioned how good he was because he was slow and had mostly played in a 3 for us and England.

37 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Rodgers says his 'desire' isn't there in training which is why Amartey starts ahead of him. 

...you would then suppose,  Rodgers would have taken him aside after training and have a conversation!!!

The outcome of that conversation is either the player does not feel valued or he no longer sees a future for himself at this club.

A honest and Frank discussion should result in an outline of how the player and the club will look to proceed. There is no reason why any understanding would not include the player getting game time, as both parties can now comfortable be in each others space.

24 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Agree but I was really put off by Rodgers comments , if he's dialling it in in training and being a cock its not great 

I have a feeling the Soyuncu problem lays with Rodgers. We know what a good player he can be.  I think the same about Ndidi, who has regressed massively under Rodgers.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, smudger63 said:

I have a feeling the Soyuncu problem lays with Rodgers. We know what a good player he can be.  I think the same about Ndidi, who has regressed massively under Rodgers.

I think something else went on, it’s been going on for too long, and seemed to begin at the Euros

5 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I think the logic is about protection in numbers. Paul Merson made this point when Maguire signed for Man Utd. He questioned how good he was because he was slow and had mostly played in a 3 for us and England.

It's all opinion, but my take on this is that at some point during a game, and especially as a result of substitutions, our midfield gets overrun and the opposition get a free run at our defence which is then exposed.  I don't think the extra man at the back always helps in that situation because confusion reigns and defenders often get in each other's way, or there's a fatal hesitation while 2 of our defenders work out which of them have responsibility for the ball/opposition player.  It must also be harder to hold the (off-side) line with an extra defender to consider.  I'd rather see the extra numbers in midfield to better protect the defence.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Quite convinced a new manager gets Soyuncu reinvigorated and playing how he did pre-Bournemouth.

He doesn't want to be here and is counting down the days to get a pay day elsewhere. He doesn't care. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

He doesn't want to be here and is counting down the days to get a pay day elsewhere. He doesn't care. 

He's not had a sniff under Rodgers for ages now. No surprise he doesn't want to be here or care. I suspect there's a good chance that'll change under a new manager.

He's much better than Amartey. Especially at the left of a 3 yet Rodgers won't play him.

Rodgers seems to put his own ego before the best interests of the club and that's unacceptable.

• Like 1

Quotes from Rodgers on Cags. Sounds like a move away from the club was being lined up but never materialised and now doesn't want to be here/is unwanted by Rodgers.

He said: “I see them every day in training, so it’s consistency and desire and mentality, all these things. Cags was one who was linked with going away as well, he’s only got a year left on his contract. We’ve tried to pick the players we’ve seen in training who are committed to the work, and how they have been working.”

Seems to have lost his powers when he went from Farquaad-esque long main of hair to man-bun. Like Samson, whose form and reading of the game similarly went AWOL when his hair was cut. Doesn’t need a coach or a transfer, needs a hairdresser :dunno:

As much as I am on board with Rodgers being replaced (finally) don’t lay Soyuncu’s issues at Rodgers feet. If Cags cannot show in training, what is a manager supposed to do?

Enthusing the squad at large is on Rodgers though, he must install a far greater mental fortitude.

9 minutes ago, turlo said:

Quotes from Rodgers on Cags. Sounds like a move away from the club was being lined up but never materialised and now doesn't want to be here/is unwanted by Rodgers.

He said: “I see them every day in training, so it’s consistency and desire and mentality, all these things. Cags was one who was linked with going away as well, he’s only got a year left on his contract. We’ve tried to pick the players we’ve seen in training who are committed to the work, and how they have been working.”

This says to me a) Cag's application in training is poor at the moment and b) there seems to be a growing discontent behind the scenes at the club. He's not the only player underperforming (be it on or off the field, or both) and the manager is happy to put it out there that certain players aren't pulling their weight.

12 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

He's not had a sniff under Rodgers for ages now. No surprise he doesn't want to be here or care. I suspect there's a good chance that'll change under a new manager.

He's much better than Amartey. Especially at the left of a 3 yet Rodgers won't play him.

Rodgers seems to put his own ego before the best interests of the club and that's unacceptable.

He been here 4 years and has show no desire to sign a new contract.

His agent has filled his head with talk of Barc and Madrid.

What the obsession with people wanting to keep players who don't want to be here. 

Do you think Soyuncu has the best interests of the club at heart? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Seems to have lost his powers when he went from Farquaad-esque long main of hair to man-bun. Like Samson, whose form and reading of the game similarly went AWOL when his hair was cut. Doesn’t need a coach or a transfer, needs a hairdresser :dunno:

True.Scruffy git who looks nothing like a professional sportsman.

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

What the obsession with people wanting to keep players who don't want to be here. 

This. No doubt there is a quality player here but its been blindingly obvious for a while now that he's mentally checked out and wants a new challenge.

I can't see him staying in the Premier League personally. 

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I'm just absolutely fed up of watching footballers like Daniel Amartey playing every week when we've got better players on the bench.

Why would he want to be here when he doesn't get a look in? Also not playing him just confirms that he'll leave for free.

Nobody wants to sign a new contract under Rodgers. That's obviously a massive issue.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dames said:

This. No doubt there is a quality player here but its been blindingly obvious for a while now that he's mentally checked out and wants a new challenge.

I can't see him staying in the Premier League personally. 

It the same with Praet, Soumare and Youri, we have to many player who don't 100 want to be here.

Move them all on and get people who do.