Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Soyuncu

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

I'm just absolutely fed up of watching footballers like Daniel Amartey playing every week when we've got better players on the bench.

Why would he want to be here when he doesn't get a look in? Also not playing him just confirms that he'll leave for free.

Nobody wants to sign a new contract under Rodgers. That's obviously a massive issue.

He played 41 games last season, hardly not getting a look in.

So Fofana and Vardy didn't sign new contracts then?

Just now, coolhandfox said:

It the same with Praet, Soumare and Youri, we have to many player who don't 100 want to be here.

Move them all on and get people who do. 

Exactly. You can't doubt the professionalism of these guys compared to Fofana but they are missing the edge that comes with being 100% committed. These guys make so many mistakes because mentally they aren't as sharp because their thoughts are somewhere else and they are going through the motions. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I'm just absolutely fed up of watching footballers like Daniel Amartey playing every week when we've got better players on the bench.

Why would he want to be here when he doesn't get a look in? Also not playing him just confirms that he'll leave for free.

Nobody wants to sign a new contract under Rodgers. That's obviously a massive issue.

Why can’t it just be a Cags issue?  :dunno: His decline is horridly evident and it sounds like he has no intention to try and reverse that here 

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Say what you want about Amartey but at least he wants to be here and is committed.

Sadly he's just not good enough and probably wouldn't get into any other team in the league.

• Like 1

No good to anyone if Rodgers isn't going to use him.

He should be playing alongside Evans, that is our best bet but if he's sulking around the place I can understand Rodgers not wanting him. Get him gone and replaced by someone we can use, even if its Mings on loan. 

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

It the same with Praet, Soumare and Youri, we have to many player who don't 100 want to be here.

Move them all on and get people who do. 

Don't you find it worrying that all of these players don't want to be here?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

He's not had a sniff under Rodgers for ages now. No surprise he doesn't want to be here or care. I suspect there's a good chance that'll change under a new manager.

He's much better than Amartey. Especially at the left of a 3 yet Rodgers won't play him.

Rodgers seems to put his own ego before the best interests of the club and that's unacceptable.

Probably because Rodgers knew he wouldn’t sign a contract and knew that he wasn’t committed.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I think something else went on, it’s been going on for too long, and seemed to begin at the Euros

I think it started just prior to the Euros personally. At the time I thought it might be related to Soyuncu best mate, Under, not really being given a run of games,  before Rodgers had clearly made his mind up to bomb it out of the club, but in subsequent interviews Soyuncu has stated that he never had a problem with it, and that it just hadn't happened for Under while he was here, and that's football.

So who knows!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, deep blue said:

It's all opinion, but my take on this is that at some point during a game, and especially as a result of substitutions, our midfield gets overrun and the opposition get a free run at our defence which is then exposed.  I don't think the extra man at the back always helps in that situation because confusion reigns and defenders often get in each other's way, or there's a fatal hesitation while 2 of our defenders work out which of them have responsibility for the ball/opposition player.  It must also be harder to hold the (off-side) line with an extra defender to consider.  I'd rather see the extra numbers in midfield to better protect the defence.

Absolutely this. 

Saturday was a rare example of us packing midfield and we were competitive all over the park as a result. It even created their sending off as Gallagher was clearly the weakest link in that congested midfield. Then, the game flipped when we (understandably) had to chase it (courtesy of sterling's fluke) ...and the gaps in midfield were  exposed as they walked through us for goal number 2

17 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Loads of players have signed new contracts under Rodgers? That’s just a blatant lie.

It's all very odd. During his breakout season he was talking about wanting to win the biggest competitions and be one of the best - I just don't see that same ambition anymore. Has anyone seen him during a match when he's on the bench? The guy is up and down the tunnel constantly like a yo-yo. 

4 minutes ago, nettle said:

Don't you find it worrying that all of these players don't want to be here?

I would if it wasn't for different reasons.

Youri has done 3.5 years and Soyuncu has done 4 years, both want a new challenge.

Soumare is a young man who struggled to settle in a new country.

Praet wasn't happy with being a squad member and want to play regular football. 

Fofana has a chance to play for one of the biggest clubs on Europe, who are splashing the cash. 

Kasper got a 3 year contract, and would have only got a 1 year one here. 

• Like 3

Bravo @Finnegan

For all the shite that Rodgers waffles about wanting to take players who've lost their way. 

There's a perfect opportunity to get a player out of form and improve him without spending a transfer fee. We just need Cags to near towards competency more than anything else. Saves us spending £15 m plus and who knows if he plays him, might end up taking a new deal at a reasonable salary. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Bravo @Finnegan

For all the shite that Rodgers waffles about wanting to take players who've lost their way. 

There's a perfect opportunity to get a player out of form and improve him without spending a transfer fee. We just need Cags to near some towards competency more than anything else. Saves us spending £15 m plus and who knows if he plays him, might end up taking a new deal at a reasonable salary. 

couldnt agree more- we already have a bloody £20m quid centre half just sitting there doing nothing thats proved when he plays with Evans he can be very good- its an absolute crime he isnt getting a look in these last 2 games- just shows how much of a complete moron Rodgers is really

• Like 2

It’s a stretch, but at what point to you account for the possibility of Cags staying and saving us some money if we sack Rodgers?

Say we sack Brendan and it costs us £25m, but as a result Cags rediscovers his mojo and decides to stay, thus saving us money funding a replacement, then it essentially makes the cost of sacking Brendan far less?

I know there’s a few ifs, buts and maybes in there, but it was just a thought.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

It’s a stretch, but at what point to you account for the possibility of Cags staying and saving us some money if we sack Rodgers?

Say we sack Brendan and it costs us £25m, but as a result Cags rediscovers his mojo and decides to stay, thus saving us money funding a replacement, then it essentially makes the cost of sacking Brendan far less?

I know there’s a few ifs, buts and maybes in there, but it was just a thought.

I mean it's quite possible he decides to leave next year anyway and he still doesn't get to be a long term fixture but who cares, you make the most out of the resources you have while you have them. If we had a loan player would he refuse to play him? Is he refusing to play Tielemans? Hell, doesn't Amartey only have a year left?

It shouldn't matter. Rodgers should be finding an angle to get Soyuncu to be motivated and buy in, maybe its telling him he needs to work hard to get that move away, who knows. Everyone needs someone a little different, that's why management is a skill. But again, it's not fvcking magic. I bet half this forum manages people professionally in their day to day. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I think the logic is about protection in numbers. Paul Merson made this point when Maguire signed for Man Utd. He questioned how good he was because he was slow and had mostly played in a 3 for us and England.

But surely you'd rather have good players protecting than bad one's? You could potentially pick 4 centre halves if it was merely about strength in numbers but it doesn't necessarily mean they'd be any good. 

Having said that, using Paul Merson as a reference point tends to weaken most arguments possibly 😂😅

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I mean it's quite possible he decides to leave next year anyway and he still doesn't get to be a long term fixture but who cares, you make the most out of the resources you have while you have them. If we had a loan player would he refuse to play him? Is he refusing to play Tielemans? Hell, doesn't Amartey only have a year left?

It shouldn't matter. Rodgers should be finding an angle to get Soyuncu to be motivated and buy in, maybe its telling him he needs to work hard to get that move away, who knows. Everyone needs someone a little different, that's why management is a skill. But again, it's not fvcking magic. I bet half this forum manages people professionally in their day to day. 

Can’t remember which poster it was they made a very good point that the whole premise at LCFC should foster some siege mentality that Rodgers can harness for the better of the club. 

Except he hasn't. Instead dumps on individuals and avoids responsibility. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1