Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Soyuncu

26 minutes ago, filbertway said:

What's the deal with Youri then?

Perhaps he’s actually trying.

I totally agree with Finners, Rodgers is bloody useless. And his whole management of these want away players has been a shambles. Said it the other day, the dropping and making captain of Tielemans at random is just plain odd.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

I wonder why? I also wonder if some of our other player's desire is starting to wane too? If so, should we not perhaps ask the question why?

There’s 1165 pages of thread entitled “Brendan Rodgers” that may shed some light on this question

• Haha 1

Just now, Babylon said:

I totally agree with Finners, Rodgers is bloody useless. And his whole management of these want away players has been a shambles. Said it the other day, the dropping and making captain of Tielemans at random is just plain odd.

It's tough to find much consistency in his handling of people. All of a sudden Soumare has gone from doing well in pre season, to being cast aside when the season starts and now he's back in the fold again.

Incredibly weird bloke and almost impossible to read.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

When you consider at the same time, Maddison, for 12 months whom  has got his head down. Worked through his dodgy hip, delivered in performance and Rodgers can't prioritise him into a senior role while rivals clubs beginning to test his loyalty. 

I am at the point where I don't think Rodgers wants the sack but he certainly isn't showing the same dedication to the club. 

12 minutes ago, filbertway said:

It's tough to find much consistency in his handling of people. All of a sudden Soumare has gone from doing well in pre season, to being cast aside when the season starts and now he's back in the fold again.

Praet's the same. Sounds a bit my mate's dog said so. But I know someone who worked on his house, when questioning Praet why he wasn't playing in 20/21, he said ask the manager because he won't give me a straight answer. 

53 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I agree there is so many mixed message, as a leader you need to give people clarity of their role and responsibilities. Seems he is unraveling and can't right the ship. 

I do wonder about the likes of Praet and Soumare whether that the clubs doing, the one minute we are selling them, next minute we aren't. As a manager you have two choices bering them back into the fold or banish them from the squad. 

Very strange summer.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I mean we have been told about what has been going on with Soumare the whole time, it isn’t like it has come out of nowhere he is back in the squad

He wanted to move back to France and was in talks with Monaco so he was taken out of the squad, Rodgers has said if the move didn’t happen he would be re-integrated, Soumare spoke to Rodgers and said he now wants to stay so he was brought back in

He was very clear all along what was going on with Soumare

• Like 1

Soyuncu doesn’t want to be here, has shown for a couple of years he has no intention of wanting to stay any longer or any commitment to the club, sounds like he is half-arsing it in training

Why should he get a chance if he is being like that?

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Soyuncu doesn’t want to be here, has shown for a couple of years he has no intention of wanting to stay any longer or any commitment to the club, sounds like he is half-arsing it in training

And I believe the club will be annoyed that he won’t move on this summer.  He is actually worth some money (£15m+ ) 

once the window is shut then depends on whether he is prepared to put the effort in - rodgers may have burned his bridges on that if he’s had a fall out with him. 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

M A N A G E

H I M

It's not fvcking rocket science, every business on the planet has managers and team leaders who are coached in people management and getting the best from their staff.

There are parts of football management at a premier league level that are genuinely elite challenges that require the best in the world at their field. The tactical side of things, actual coaching, things you or I could never do at that level. 

People management isn't one of them. There's nothing magical or special or elite about managing people, motivating them, inspiring them and getting them to buy in. There are people round the country earning 30-50k a year doing it no problem, including in some seriously stressful sectors with massive mental health and morale pressures.

But all the evidence there points to Brendan Rodgers being fvcking awful at it and always has been. He throws his players under the bus to the media, he's always undermining the quality and confidence of the squad in public to promote his own image, he's never managed to really stop a slide when form and morale goes, he's written pretty much most the squad off complaining that it needs a "complete refresh" when it doesn't need anything of the sort, he just can't manage them. 

Now he's freezing out players and favouring objectively weaker ones because he doesn't have the social skills or personality to actually get them to buy in. 

Cags is difficult to manage? Fine, go out and earn your fvcking money and manage him. This is a man that boasted about wanting to sign "broken players", players whose career had gone astray because he has the hubris to think he's the man that can fix them. Yet he can't even get the best out of a player that formerly looked near world class under him. 

Man can't handle Cags and wants to sign Amine Harit? Yeah good luck Brendan. 

Isn’t all that about Harrit hearsay? Been out, maybe it has now been made official. :dunno:
That stuff you mention about Cags is hearsay I would argue, It was an opinion on when Cags decline began, and you cannot manage someone who does not want to be managed and lots of hyperbole on all sides, little facts too.

18 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

It's a catch 22 innit?

I'd like to think, though I clearly don't know, that Rodgers etc have done all they can to get Cags firing. When the club have invested millions in him, to effectively bin him off is not a decision taken lightly (if that is indeed what has happened, again - we don't know)

I'm intrigued by the mention of motivators up thread. I wonder if the club have gone that route? Didn't we have something like that nice upon a time? Installed in the Pearson era and binned (I'm hazy here) by Ranieri??

57 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I wonder why? I also wonder if some of our other player's desire is starting to wane too? If so, should we not perhaps ask the question why?

I agree. The common denominator... 

40 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Do we know that? He's never been offered a contract extension? It's all very baffling.

But as others have said, he s till needs managing, we're getting literally nothing out of him at present! 

31 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Isn’t all that about Harrit hearsay? Been out, maybe it has now been made official. :dunno:
That stuff you mention about Cags is hearsay I would argue, It was an opinion on when Cags decline began, and you cannot manage someone who does not want to be managed and lots of hyperbole on all sides, little facts too.

I'm sorry but I don't really think it is wild speculation to suggest Rodgers man management is poor or that he's handling Soyuncu poorly, the evidence has been unfolding in front of us for the last year or more. 

And you absolutely can manage someone who is "difficult" to manage and what IS speculation is that Soyuncu even qualifies as that. We only have Rodgers' implications to go on and he's not really a reliable source in the context. 

I appreciate your desire to defend the manager, particularly in the face of a lot of this forum being excessively and bizarrely negative about every aspect of the club regardless of performance. There's a lot of very reactionary, silly people on here and I appreciate the urge to counter it (futile as I can assure you it is.)

But that doesn't mean that criticism of the manager is always unfounded and, I'm sorry, but in this instance it appears to be. There's far more evidence that Rodgers is poor at man management than there is that Soyuncu is some sort of trouble making rebel that no coach could possibly contain. 

I absolutely guarantee you that if Rodgers is sacked before Christmas, Cags finds himself magically back in the team and probably performing fairly well near instantly. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Obviously we don't see him in training but otherwise he's no different to Tielemans who Rodgers gives the captains armband too even though he wants out and what on earth was that article in The Times last month all about saying he wanted to stay???

• Like 2

3 hours ago, turlo said:

Quotes from Rodgers on Cags. Sounds like a move away from the club was being lined up but never materialised and now doesn't want to be here/is unwanted by Rodgers.

He said: “I see them every day in training, so it’s consistency and desire and mentality, all these things. Cags was one who was linked with going away as well, he’s only got a year left on his contract. We’ve tried to pick the players we’ve seen in training who are committed to the work, and how they have been working.”

...Soyuncu perhaps has no belief in what Rodgers is trying to implement!!!

Other players might just be trying to take it onboard but Cags is pushing back. If you do not believe in what you are doing, the result is not going to be great, and you do not give your all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

When you consider at the same time, Maddison, for 12 months whom  has got his head down. Worked through his dodgy hip, delivered in performance and Rodgers can't prioritise him into a senior role while rivals clubs beginning to test his loyalty. 

I am at the point where I don't think Rodgers wants the sack but he certainly isn't showing the same dedication to the club. 

...could he subconsciously be looking for a way out of this situation!!!

The best way out for him would be another role elsewhere, with a budget to spend, and a good foundation of players available. They will need to be a young squad so he could influence them. Players appear to be still playing for him and that will be what is staying Top's hand right now.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I'm sorry but I don't really think it is wild speculation to suggest Rodgers man management is poor or that he's handling Soyuncu poorly, the evidence has been unfolding in front of us for the last year or more. 

And you absolutely can manage someone who is "difficult" to manage and what IS speculation is that Soyuncu even qualifies as that. We only have Rodgers' implications to go on and he's not really a reliable source in the context. 

I appreciate your desire to defend the manager, particularly in the face of a lot of this forum being excessively and bizarrely negative about every aspect of the club regardless of performance. There's a lot of very reactionary, silly people on here and I appreciate the urge to counter it (futile as I can assure you it is.)

But that doesn't mean that criticism of the manager is always unfounded and, I'm sorry, but in this instance it appears to be. There's far more evidence that Rodgers is poor at man management than there is that Soyuncu is some sort of trouble making rebel that no coach could possibly contain. 

I absolutely guarantee you that if Rodgers is sacked before Christmas, Cags finds himself magically back in the team and probably performing fairly well near instantly. 

I am sure to some degree you are correct, the desire to defend in the face of such relentless negativity is quite strong, despite being described as a contrarian.

However, the issue I have is that most criticism (And let me be clear, criticism is warranted) comes from hyperbole, the need to wave the pitchforks, the need to lash out due to poor form or even worse, from the media who clearly don’t care what they print or post, some may suggest that their portrayal of Leicester has long since ceased to be positive,

Do I think Rodgers should go? Yes

Why? because he has failed to address tactical and mental shortfalls, repeatedly

The reason for the failures are not all on him, in part the club, in part the players, but in large parts him.

But on Cags, I personally think you are wrong and he is done here, the cause is difficult to theorise, from Under to the Euro’s to Rodgers, to the rather broader cause of malaise at this club, albeit hitting him harder perhaps than most.

3 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

But surely you'd rather have good players protecting than bad one's? You could potentially pick 4 centre halves if it was merely about strength in numbers but it doesn't necessarily mean they'd be any good. 

Having said that, using Paul Merson as a reference point tends to weaken most arguments possibly 😂😅

Well he was spot on about Maguire 

PSG still after Skriniar from Inter Milan who have been linked with Soyuncu this summer

Inter Milan still after 1 centre back even if Skriniar stays

Might be one that pops up late in the window if that deal gets done

Edited by moore_94

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If someone had said at the start of the window that not a single bid would have come in for Soyuncu I'd have fell over. I can see why it hasn't with Tielemans based on the wages he's already on and the fee we would want but Soyuncu is on a pittance compared to our average weekly wage and would cost less than £20m, it's baffling.

I really hope he's a viable option for a few clubs, he's such a talent as well but he's done for here with Rodgers.

Maybe there is something we don't know about.