Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Soyuncu

4 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Funny how people see and remember things differently . As I recall it he had an ok season with us then was absolutely diabolical in the tournament for Turkey . He then carried  the same form on returning with our selves . In fact  i can remember people crying for Rodgers  to drop  because there was a patch where he was a bomb scare and Rodgers kept playing him then the Tottenham incident was the last resort . 

That’s how I remember it, but my memory is awful 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

I really don’t rate Soyuncu and suspect he’s a nobhead off the pitch as well.

Would happily sell him now if we can bring a replacement in.

....the strange thing about Caglar is the amount we are paying him!!!

He is being paid half as much as everyone else, so I get the impression that money is not all that, so far as he is concerned. He is a bit of an enigma, a large imposing figure, very physical, and eager to impose himself on the attacking forwards. yet everything in his life points to him being the opposite of who he portrays. The thought had crossed my mind that he is sensitive, avoids confrontation, and is best described as a "gentle giant".

The fact that Cengis Under came into the picture, may have been a tonic for Caglar, to have as he (Under) is a friend from way back and someone you would have thought he would have been able to share his thoughts and concerns with.

It brings to memory the picture of three friends posing for a photograph at night in the heart of the city, and it wasn't the faces of people excited to be where they were. It was one moment caught in time, but you could feel the desolation looking back at you, it was not something that said good times were just round the corner, just an acceptance of this is what it is, right now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....the strange thing about Caglar is the amount we are paying him!!!

He is being paid half as much as everyone else, so I get the impression that money is not all that, so far as he is concerned. He is a bit of an enigma, a large imposing figure, very physical, and eager to impose himself on the attacking forwards. yet everything in his life points to him being the opposite of who he portrays. The thought had crossed my mind that he is sensitive, avoids confrontation, and is best described as a "gentle giant".

The fact that Cengis Under came into the picture, may have been a tonic for Caglar, to have as he (Under) is a friend from way back and someone you would have thought he would have been able to share his thoughts and concerns with.

It brings to memory the picture of three friends posing for a photograph at night in the heart of the city, and it wasn't the faces of people excited to be where they were. It was one moment caught in time, but you could feel the desolation looking back at you, it was not something that said good times were just round the corner, just an acceptance of this is what it is, right now.

Very strange that noone came in for him. We can't say it's because of his Contract. Is it 25 or 40 k he's on and turned down a new contract.

Brendan should coach him about managing Money. He's very good at that given that he's milking us.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

You inspired me to google the spelling of melancholy......and then some synonyms - wistful, sorowful, downcast, lachrymose and the best..... lugubrious

Could you post that lugubrious photo of which you speak?

It might be this seasons screensaver, posturing Vardy and the dolorous ball boys at West Brom can go on hold.

In regards to Cags and his supposed tenebrous and calignous disposition, I wont speculate on his financial desires but maybe we are neglecting his creative needs, offer him a minimun 3 cruyff turn and 2 pushes per match contractual obligation. Might as well go down with style

Edited by He aint bald
ball balls to ball boys

4 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

This one is impressive. You’ve filled in a blank the size of the Grand Canyon with your own imagination. 

This is even better than when you read into players’ souls based on three-minute YouTube compilations.

• Haha 2

Soyuncu can be improved. Just believe in him and let Evans guide him.  His style is easy to make mistakes. The team tactics of playing backwards to him every second ball is also bad for him (or any CB). As I mentioned, no team should play with a primary tactic of passing back to the centre backs every second ball with not much option for them to break the press and leaving them often with not much choice but to lump it forward or in the case of Soyuncu sometimes making mistakes.

Look at Arsenal. They try to do the opposite. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, He aint bald said:

You inspired me to google the spelling of melancholy......and then some synonyms - wistful, sorowful, downcast, lachrymose and the best..... lugubrious

Could you post that lugubrious photo of which you speak?

Lol... Try googling correct spellings again bud, the more you practice the better you'll get...😂

12 hours ago, baldeagle said:

Funny how people see and remember things differently . As I recall it he had an ok season with us then was absolutely diabolical in the tournament for Turkey . He then carried  the same form on returning with our selves . In fact  i can remember people crying for Rodgers  to drop  because there was a patch where he was a bomb scare and Rodgers kept playing him then the Tottenham incident was the last resort . 

That’s how I saw it. Baffling to see people wanting him to start. The guy is a total liability and had a hand in our collapses in both seasons we bottled top 4.

He’s had 1 “okay” season for us in the 3 full years he’s played. Judging by how Vestergaard totally skinned him, I also imagine he looks absolutely shite in training which is why he is no way near the starting XI. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, NasPb said:

Especially with Rodgers seeming to be here for the long run

New manager could probably rehabilitate him,looks like he has burned his bridges with Rodgers. If we are still in trouble by World Cup Rodgers will go and new manager will have time to work with the cast offs, fresh starts can work.

Some Players who expected to leave aren’t leaving 

Some players who have the opportunity to leave aren’t leaving

Some players who expected to play aren’t playing 

stability is not there according to our coach 

I doubt the end of the window is going to be the end of upheaval at our club 

you could look at events of the past couple months and judge that the board seem to be proceeding despite the wishes of the coach (as do some players) 

12 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Very strange that noone came in for him. We can't say it's because of his Contract. Is it 25 or 40 k he's on and turned down a new contract.

Brendan should coach him about managing Money. He's very good at that given that he's milking us.

He needs a new agent, probably the one Rodgers has, the one who managed to fleece us for 10M/year.

• Like 1

Actually annoys me how much Rodgers is ruining his career. He has had many lapses in concentration and stupid moments, but he was in the PFA Team of the Year in 2020. You simply do not achieve that by being a bad player.

He has had his good moments for sure, unlike Amartey who probably hasn’t played well for more than two games consecutively. The favouritism that BR shows is a massive downfall.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Like 2

Just now, Matt_Lcfc said:

Actually annoys me how much Rodgers is ruining his career. He has had many lapses in concentration and stupid moments, but he was in the PFA Team of the Year in 2020. You simply do not achieve that by being a good player.

He has had his good moments for sure, unlike Amartey who probably hasn’t played well for more than two games consecutively. The favouritism that BR shows is a massive downfall.

We don’t see him in training though, do we? Caglar has a massive love in on here, well beyond what he has ever shown, pretty sure it comes from his recklessness

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

We don’t see him in training though, do we? Caglar has a massive love in on here, well beyond what he has ever shown, pretty sure it comes from his recklessness

I think you downplay the Cags v Amartey thought process from a lot of us.

I’ll hold my hand up and say I have a soft spot for Cags….a player named in the PL team of the year clearly has potential/ability.

A confident, Cruyff turning Cags next to Evans is all I want to see in upcoming games.