Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Soyuncu

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'd say, on FoxesTalk, the cult of "Big Dan" is the bigger 'echo chamber' than any contrary message. It's absolutely bonkers the howlers a select few on here would absolutely ignore. He's been completely honking in 90% of his games here at CB. Every now and again we'll play a team that commit zero bodies forward, don't bother attacking and Amartey has to do very little to defend other than maybe chase down the occasional ball or shrug off some piss-weak forward and FoxesTalk will erupt in praise and vote him MOTM.

Then the following weak we'll actually have to do some defending and he'll be hilariously out of position leading to goals. He is quite possibly the worst defender we've had play more than a handful of games for us in the Premier League since it's creation. 

If you honestly want to claim, with a straight face, that he's better than Soyuncu then I honestly don't know what you've been watching. Maybe you haven't, I dunno, maybe that's the problem. 

👏 👏 👏 👏 

I sometimes feel @Col city fan and I are trying to paddle our own canoe with this one. 

1 minute ago, 5waller5 said:

Peak Soyuncu > Peak Amartey

Getting the peak version is the manager’s job. 

Yet again we’ll lose a valuable asset because Rodgers can’t manage

Its not Brendan's fault that Cags has refused to sign any contract we've put in front of him over the last two years

• Like 1

I find it really odd if I’m honest. 

He’s apparently been offered improved terms here. Not signed it.

But how come no one else has come in for him? His wages are apparently quite low.

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'd say, on FoxesTalk, the cult of "Big Dan" is the bigger 'echo chamber' than any contrary message. It's absolutely bonkers the howlers a select few on here would absolutely ignore. He's been completely honking in 90% of his games here at CB. Every now and again we'll play a team that commit zero bodies forward, don't bother attacking and Amartey has to do very little to defend other than maybe chase down the occasional ball or shrug off some piss-weak forward and FoxesTalk will erupt in praise and vote him MOTM.

Then the following weak we'll actually have to do some defending and he'll be hilariously out of position leading to goals. He is quite possibly the worst defender we've had play more than a handful of games for us in the Premier League since it's creation. 

If you honestly want to claim, with a straight face, that he's better than Soyuncu then I honestly don't know what you've been watching. Maybe you haven't, I dunno, maybe that's the problem. 

It may be the case, but both are honking is the sad reality. Dan gets a bit of slack because allegedly he tries in training. Why does Cags get cut slack? Because he occasionally passes someone’s eye test? 

2 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Its not Brendan's fault that Cags has refused to sign any contract we've put in front of him over the last two years

There’s every possibility it’s his fault - why would you commit to a long term future playing for a garden nome you don’t like / that plays football you don’t enjoy?? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

No but it absolutely is Rodgers' fault if that's the reason he's freezing players out.

When a footballer signs a contract it's an agreement between club and player that that footballer will be with you for X number of years. Why on Earth would you stop playing a player just because he's reached X+1 and doesn't want to extend? Footballers are allowed to want to try new things and move to other clubs, you don't waste an asset just because he only wants to do the agreed upon period of time.

It's absolutely insane.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Absolute BS. The “cult of ‘Big Dan’” has even spread to Sicily as evidenced by some of the graffiti found in Palermo. 

Also, most of the Big Dan stuff are obvious lighthearted comments about a likable player who keeps being put in difficult spots because everyone else is worse. 

01A83A91-11C1-4EB8-9CF2-DAF845EEB658.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Sly said:

I find it really odd if I’m honest. 

He’s apparently been offered improved terms here. Not signed it.

But how come no one else has come in for him? His wages are apparently quite low.

Vaccination 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

No but it absolutely is Rodgers' fault if that's the reason he's freezing players out.

When a footballer signs a contract it's an agreement between club and player that that footballer will be with you for X number of years. Why on Earth would you stop playing a player just because he's reached X+1 and doesn't want to extend? Footballers are allowed to want to try new things and move to other clubs, you don't waste an asset just because he only wants to do the agreed upon period of time.

It's absolutely insane.

How's that become the narrative on here? Brendan was quite clear about Soyuncu just not showing enough in training. Why should he play?

1 minute ago, The_77 said:

a likable player who keeps being put in difficult spots because everyone else is worse

And let's be clear about this, I have no personal problem with Daniel Amartey. I also have no personal problem with Ayoze Perez, Papy Mendy, Marc Albrighton, Dennis Praet, Danny Ward and the raft of other honest pros at this football club that just aren't good enough to take us forward anymore. I've frequently defended most - if not all - of those guys from personal abuse because every single one of them gives 100% and works their socks off. Can't fault their application at all.

But Amartey is a terrible Premier League centre back and I am angry at the club and our manager that have collectively engineered a situation where he's perceived to be our best option. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

And let's be clear about this, I have no personal problem with Daniel Amartey. I also have no personal problem with Ayoze Perez, Papy Mendy, Marc Albrighton, Dennis Praet, Danny Ward and the raft of other honest pros at this football club that just aren't good enough to take us forward anymore. I've frequently defended most - if not all - of those guys from personal abuse because every single one of them gives 100% and works their socks off. Can't fault their application at all.

But Amartey is a terrible Premier League centre back and I am angry at the club and our manager that have collectively engineered a situation where he's perceived to be our best option. 

We can all agree to love Big Dan the human being. 

Just now, Corky said:

Soyuncu needs refining. He can be a good player.

The problem is that the manager has no interest in coaching defending.

He never has and never will unfortunately. 

Just now, Finnegan said:

One of those situations where we have no idea but to guess, it was reported before that Cags does not impress in training allegedly and that should be enough to select a player over an alternative, but is Cags really that indifferent?   :dunno: No doubt that there are points lost due to Dan’s headless chicken act, that’s for sure.

Just now, The_77 said:

We can all agree to love Big Dan the human being. 

Erm ……. Why? Because he chucked a flag over his shoulder. 

Blokes a liability and not good enough for what we aspire for. The fact we persist with him and have destroyed a good prospect in Soyuncu is criminal.