Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Soyuncu

Just now, Sly said:

Erm ……. Why? Because he chucked a flag over his shoulder. 

Blokes a liability and not good enough for what we aspire for. The fact we persist with him and have destroyed a good prospect in Soyuncu is criminal. 

Lighten up. 

• Like 1

I feel like we would regret letting him go to wolves. I’m hoping he stays, we get a new manager who gives him a huge boost and he signs a new deal. 

On his day he is 10x the player dawson is. So even though dawson is what we need right now, It doesn’t feel smart business 

Just now, The_77 said:

Lighten up. 

Amartey needs cutting loose. 

Isn’t good enough, never has been. 

The 5th choice centre back is meant to be a younger prospect, not someone picking up a first team wage. It’s this approach that partially has us in the mess we’re in. 

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

He could not do it over months away with Turkey

He’s shot but he needs an arm around his shoulder to rebuild him. 

We’ve been at that previously, taking broken players and maximising them to full potential. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

No but it absolutely is Rodgers' fault if that's the reason he's freezing players out.

When a footballer signs a contract it's an agreement between club and player that that footballer will be with you for X number of years. Why on Earth would you stop playing a player just because he's reached X+1 and doesn't want to extend? Footballers are allowed to want to try new things and move to other clubs, you don't waste an asset just because he only wants to do the agreed upon period of time.

It's absolutely insane.

Didn't Rodgers himself have to convince the squad of his own commitment when the Man Utd links were strong last year?

The manager is a career coach and the players probably look at it and question why they should be different.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

He was in the Premier league team of the year literally a year ago. It's a massive downfall. I think it was the ass whooping they got at the euros and he never recovered. But the manager should have been able to help sort that.

Brendan has been too busy sulking and feeling sorry for himself to help anyone else.

Have you heard his recent conferences, the guy sounds utterly fed up, needs letting go.

• Like 1

Cags went downhill big time after slotting someone at Bournemouth in that 4-1 thriller…..Rogers watches him daily, along with coaches….I find it unbelievable that if he is brilliant in attitude and training we wouldn’t play him, and find it hard most people on here think they are better placed than the management team…..

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Reg Vardy said:

Cags went downhill big time after slotting someone at Bournemouth in that 4-1 thriller…..Rogers watches him daily, along with coaches….I find it unbelievable that if he is brilliant in attitude and training we wouldn’t play him, and find it hard most people on here think they are better placed than the management team…..

Iheanacho was brilliant for months and Rodgers struggled to get enthused by it. Hell, the most annoyed he's been after a match was a game we win 3-0.

The bloke has his own agendas too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

The management team that has us at the bottom of the table you mean. I wish people would stop believing that these comedians know what they are doing. Just about all "management teams" fall flat on their faces in the end.

• Like 2

So let me get this right, you haven’t seen Cags play for months, Rogers, ex manager of Liverpool and Celtic, Coach at Chelsea, watches him every day….and doesn’t pick him….comedian he might be, but he is better placed than your good self to make that decision….

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

My gut feeling is that the management team aren’t able to get the best out of him and he’s kind of given up. He looks depressed to me. I’m convinced a manager who can put an arm round him can get him playing near full potential again. Rodgers publicly inferring that he’s not committed to the club by not signing a new contract is a also a betrayal of trust, which cannot help.  

2 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

So let me get this right, you haven’t seen Cags play for months, Rogers, ex manager of Liverpool and Celtic, Coach at Chelsea, watches him every day….and doesn’t pick him….comedian he might be, but he is better placed than your good self to make that decision….

Rodgers is typical of a lot of management these days , theoreticians who haven't done the job themselves. He has so much theoretical knowledge , he is disappearing up his own backside. There is plenty of recorded evidence of Soyuncu's ability but Rodgers has somehow ruined his motivation.