Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Soyuncu

Even more reason to get Rodgers out. There’s a bloody player in there, at worst he’s better than Amartey. A new manager might be able to get the best out of him, convince him to hang on until January and give him some games, and if he can’t get form get rid in January for a cheap fee. 

He struggled last season but so did the entire squad for most of the season, baffling how he’s been treated. Amartey is making mistake after mistake game after game and Cags can’t even get on the bench ffs. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

It’s been as clear as day he wanted to go, and yes he has been shit for ages. He played plenty last season and was guff. 

I’ all for moaning about Rodgers, but there is more to it here than him. 

His interview means nothing, otherwise he’d have signed a contract long ago. 

He also showed some signs off coming back into form. 

It's the manager's job to get the best out of the players. He can't do that with who he's currently playing so why not try somebody different, who also happens to be more talented. He's 26 and he's been in the Premier League TOTY and Bundesliga TOTY so it's not like he's only shown a glimpse of good form. He's quality. 

Doesn't mean I do think he needs a fresh start but the manager has given up on him too easily.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

He also showed some signs off coming back into form. 

It's the manager's job to get the best out of the players. He can't do that with who he's currently playing so why not try somebody different, who also happens to be more talented. He's 26 and he's been in the Premier League TOTY and Bundesliga TOTY so it's not like he's only shown a glimpse of good form. He's quality. 

Doesn't mean I do think he needs a fresh start but the manager has given up on him too easily.

He had a decent game in the Cup (albeit it against Stockport) - thought he may have progressed after that game, but again, not given the chance.

When he first cam here - he was great. Yes, a bit of a diamond in the rough, but a definite, quality centre back.  I fear it has been coached out of him and not handled well.  Especially when in the comments after the game against Man U, Rodger’s basically said he has been shlt in training.

• Like 1

On 02/09/2022 at 15:09, HankMarvin said:

Or everyday he is putting tiny amounts of poison in Brendans tea

One can only hope and pray he is :)

10 hours ago, baldeagle said:

People keep saying keep him but it’s well documented  he doesn’t want to be here . He’s been offered a new deal and wouldn’t sign it . With the financial issues we have I’d rather another club pay his wages than us for him sitting on his arse . 

And what happens when Evans inevitable injury takes place? We've all see how Amartey and Ndidi play at CB

Edited by Fox 4 Life
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, baldeagle said:

People keep saying keep him but it’s well documented  he doesn’t want to be here . He’s been offered a new deal and wouldn’t sign it . With the financial issues we have I’d rather another club pay his wages than us for him sitting on his arse . 

Why does he want out though?

Bearing in mind the long running problem with our defence (to man mark or not to man mark, that is the question) it raises the possibility that the training, not just the player, is somewhat at fault for Cags, and others, problems on the pitch. 

Whatever is going on behind the scenes, and the fans won't know, it is not doing our club any favours at all.  I don't have a solution, except the obvious one, but someone should have!

1 hour ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

Zagadou possibly… 

Surely would have to get a replacement in if Soy leaves