Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Soyuncu

5 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

Play him then. To pull the plug on a move and then not play him would be a low blow, even for Brendan.

My first thought was even Brendan couldn't be that much of a dick !

My second thought was .. sure he could.

10 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

Give Cags a new contract, sack Rodgers. He’s destroying us from the top. 

Why would you want to give him a new contract? He's been poor for ages and probably has a bad attitude. Would be another great waste of money. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Viva said:

Why would you want to give him a new contract? He's been poor for ages and probably has a bad attitude. Would be another great waste of money. 

Because he's demonstrably a very talented centre back who has encountered a prolonged period of poor form and a lack of confidence. That's more an indictment on the coaching than the player - particularly since he is not the only LCFC player that has markedly regressed under BR's watch. "Probably has a bad attitude" is your own conjecture and therefore a worthless statement in the absence of substantiation.  

• Like 2

My kid shares the same birthday as Soyuncu, He goes to after school soccer club, plays as a defender and adores him.

Even got the same hairstyle now, anyway people born on the same birthdays do share the same characteristics. If my son gets abit of criticism or you yell at him he goes all sulky, won't do anything but lock him self up in his bedroom and he thinks it's the end of the world (my other 2 boys never behave like this). Give him abit of love and he'll run around all day doing extra chores for me.

In away I suppose Soyuncu behaves the same, he just needs abit of love and being appreciated

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

Play him then. To pull the plug on a move and then not play him would be a low blow, even for Brendan.

It’s probably the club that took the wise decision to block it. Rodger’s will continue to do what he thinks is right for the team, which being bottom of the league isn’t quite working is it. Should he get sacked a new manager may be able to get something out of Cags for the remainder of his contract. 

Is cags a bit of a bombscare? Yes. Can he crumble under pressure ... again yes.  But is he a talented player? Absolutely.  

He's actually a good coachs dream, because its not a physical or talent issue, its a mental one and thats something a coach can work on. He needs to make better decisions in certain situations but a good coach would be working through that with him. 

Im not sure if he'd ever grow past his mad moments in pressure situations but I know that he is a country mile better than both wilf and big dan and he has skill the others dont. Its a complete joke that we arent using him. 

I genuinely have a feeling that in Brendans head, he thinks if he drops a particular player then we improve defensively, all the blame for our last year and a half would go on that player as they must have been the problem and its nothing to do with the coaching. Its just backfired as we are still honking at the back. 

We knew we had bigger problems than soy, because even when evans and fofana were fit... we didnt improve at the back that much. Statistically the individuals did better but we still collectively conceded awful goals 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Line-X said:

Because he's demonstrably a very talented centre back who has encountered a prolonged period of poor form and a lack of confidence. That's more an indictment on the coaching than the player - particularly since he is not the only LCFC player that has markedly regressed under BR's watch. "Probably has a bad attitude" is your own conjecture and therefore a worthless statement in the absence of substantiation.  

It's not my own conjecture. The manager has publicly stated his opinion on the effort Soyuncu is putting into training. Whether you like him or not, he knows more about the player than me or you. 

Would you have kept giving Dele Alli new contracts if you was his manager?

Edited by Viva

26 minutes ago, Viva said:

It's not my own conjecture. The manager has publicly stated his opinion on the effort Soyuncu is putting into training. Whether you like him or not, he knows more about the player than me or you. 

He hasn't consistently stated anything of the sort. A Leicester Mercury article from two days ago phrased it as such, but the actual quote is as follows: “Cags, with the greatest of respect, has been out of form for a while in training. It was one of those where Cags probably thought he was going to be moving on. It’s been a difficult period for him.” This should not be the basis of your opinion that "he probably has a bad attitude". 

31 minutes ago, Viva said:

Completely different circumstances, club and player. 

I don't disagree that Söyüncü was poor for much of last season and it would be equally wrong of me to speculate that shortcomings in coaching was the sole reason. My main concern however, looking at the larger picture, is the sheer amount of players that have regressed under Brendan's tenure. When Çağlar joined us he very rapidly forged a partnership with Evan's not only adapting to the demands of the Premier League, but demonstrating appreciable composure, finesse and ability - all of which have deserted him. You could contend that this is attitude, but I would counter that with the observation that application hasn't been the issue, rather focus and ability. We have a great player on our books who sadly isn't performing. The reasons why may be very involved and as you alluded to, something that neither of us are privy to. A short sentence from the manager (who we know full well will look for a scapegoat at any given opportunity) and a post on a football forum suggesting that he "probably has a bad attitude" likely do not tell the full story. 

45 minutes ago, Viva said:

Rodgers has to give some kind of excuse as to why he'd rather play Ndidi there.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Line-X said:

He hasn't consistently stated anything of the sort. A Leicester Mercury article from two days ago phrased it as such, but the actual quote is as follows: “Cags, with the greatest of respect, has been out of form for a while in training. It was one of those where Cags probably thought he was going to be moving on. It’s been a difficult period for him.” This should not be the basis of your opinion that "he probably has a bad attitude". 

Completely different circumstances, club and player. 

I don't disagree that Söyüncü was poor for much of last season and it would be equally wrong of me to speculate that shortcomings in coaching was the sole reason. My main concern however, looking at the larger picture, is the sheer amount of players that have regressed under Brendan's tenure. When Çağlar joined us he very rapidly forged a partnership with Evan's not only adapting to the demands of the Premier League, but demonstrating appreciable composure, finesse and ability - all of which have deserted him. You could contend that this is attitude, but I would counter that with the observation that application hasn't been the issue, rather focus and ability. We have a great player on our books who sadly isn't performing. The reasons why may be very involved and as you alluded to, something that neither of us are privy to. A short sentence from the manager (who we know full well will look for a scapegoat at any given opportunity) and a post on a football forum suggesting that he "probably has a bad attitude" likely do not tell the full story. 

I think the fact that Soyuncu can’t get into a team that concedes goals for fun tells you all you need to know about him currently.
No need to get all touchy about me saying he “probably has a bad attitude”. 

4 minutes ago, Viva said:

I think the fact that Soyuncu can’t get into a team that concedes goals for fun tells you all you need to know about him currently.

It really doesn't though. The club is in disarray right now. 

5 minutes ago, Viva said:

No need to get all touchy about me saying he “probably has a bad attitude”. 

Eh? lol I really didn't. You may well be right, but that is complete conjecture on your part. 

2 minutes ago, Line-X said:

It really doesn't though. The club is in disarray right now. 

Eh? lol I really didn't. You may well be right, but that is complete conjecture on your part. 

You quoted it three times. As I said before, for a manager to publicly state his poor level of performance in training, shows something is not right and would give the impression he is not putting 100% into it. 

27 minutes ago, Viva said:

You quoted it three times. 

And from that you infer that I am touchy? Perhaps you can also conclude that "I probably have a bad attitude"? Very fond of assumptions aren't you. 

28 minutes ago, Viva said:

As I said before, for a manager to publicly state his poor level of performance in training, shows something is not right and would give the impression he is not putting 100% into it. 

He didn't say that. He said that he had been out of form in training.  As I said, there may be multiple reasons why and none of them relating to a "bad attitude". 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Viva said:

And you think Rodgers is incapable of lying to further his own agenda?

5 hours ago, Viva said:

You quoted it three times. As I said before, for a manager to publicly state his poor level of performance in training, shows something is not right and would give the impression he is not putting 100% into it. 

The same manager who's blaming the fans, constantly saying we should lower our expectations, criticises the team when the actually pass the ball forward, says the players aren't good enough when they've finished 5th, 5th and 8th (whilst playing crap) and won an FA Cup.

Anything that comes out of this manager's mouth is false.

11 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

The same manager who's blaming the fans, constantly saying we should lower our expectations, criticises the team when the actually pass the ball forward, says the players aren't good enough when they've finished 5th, 5th and 8th (whilst playing crap) and won an FA Cup.

Anything that comes out of this manager's mouth is false.

You don’t know that it’s false. Players not playing when a team is in bad form often seem better than they actually are. Soyuncu has been equally as poor as Ndidi was the other day many times in the last couple of years. I don’t get the thinking that he would be a saviour back in the team. 

Edited by Viva

9 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

My kid shares the same birthday as Soyuncu, He goes to after school soccer club, plays as a defender and adores him.

Even got the same hairstyle now, anyway people born on the same birthdays do share the same characteristics. If my son gets abit of criticism or you yell at him he goes all sulky, won't do anything but lock him self up in his bedroom and he thinks it's the end of the world (my other 2 boys never behave like this). Give him abit of love and he'll run around all day doing extra chores for me.

In away I suppose Soyuncu behaves the same, he just needs abit of love and being appreciated

...he does come across as a bit of a gentle giant, his demeanour is nothing like someone with a poor attitude, more like someone who expects too much of himself!!!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Is cags a bit of a bombscare? Yes. Can he crumble under pressure ... again yes.  But is he a talented player? Absolutely.  

He's actually a good coachs dream, because its not a physical or talent issue, its a mental one and thats something a coach can work on. He needs to make better decisions in certain situations but a good coach would be working through that with him. 

Im not sure if he'd ever grow past his mad moments in pressure situations but I know that he is a country mile better than both wilf and big dan and he has skill the others dont. Its a complete joke that we arent using him. 

I genuinely have a feeling that in Brendans head, he thinks if he drops a particular player then we improve defensively, all the blame for our last year and a half would go on that player as they must have been the problem and its nothing to do with the coaching. Its just backfired as we are still honking at the back. 

We knew we had bigger problems than soy, because even when evans and fofana were fit... we didnt improve at the back that much. Statistically the individuals did better but we still collectively conceded awful goals 

He’s slightly less of a bomb scare than Amartey and Ndidi thiugh.

9 hours ago, Viva said:

You don’t know that it’s false. Players not playing when a team is in bad form often seem better than they actually are. Soyuncu has been equally as poor as Ndidi was the other day many times in the last couple of years. I don’t get the thinking that he would be a saviour back in the team. 

But you're completely missing the point. How can you trust anything that the manager says when he's talking such nonense and the moment, blaming everyone but himself and saying things that are outright incorrect?

Soyuncu had a poor season last year and form tailed off before that but he's been in the PFA team of the year in both this country and Germany so the evidence is that he's a very good player. It's nothing to do with suddenly seeming better because he's not playing. The guy is our most talented centre back and should be in the team instead of Amartey who's been dire this season and Ndidi who's not a centre back.