Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Soyuncu

On 09/09/2022 at 17:01, Line-X said:

He hasn't consistently stated anything of the sort. A Leicester Mercury article from two days ago phrased it as such, but the actual quote is as follows: “Cags, with the greatest of respect, has been out of form for a while in training. It was one of those where Cags probably thought he was going to be moving on. It’s been a difficult period for him.” This should not be the basis of your opinion that "he probably has a bad attitude". 

Completely different circumstances, club and player. 

I don't disagree that Söyüncü was poor for much of last season and it would be equally wrong of me to speculate that shortcomings in coaching was the sole reason. My main concern however, looking at the larger picture, is the sheer amount of players that have regressed under Brendan's tenure. When Çağlar joined us he very rapidly forged a partnership with Evan's not only adapting to the demands of the Premier League, but demonstrating appreciable composure, finesse and ability - all of which have deserted him. You could contend that this is attitude, but I would counter that with the observation that application hasn't been the issue, rather focus and ability. We have a great player on our books who sadly isn't performing. The reasons why may be very involved and as you alluded to, something that neither of us are privy to. A short sentence from the manager (who we know full well will look for a scapegoat at any given opportunity) and a post on a football forum suggesting that he "probably has a bad attitude" likely do not tell the full story. 

I actually think this is one of the top posts on Soyuncu..

But to you and many,when & how many times exactly..with quoted statements has Rodgers....been looking for Scapegoats..??

Other than offset remarks from posters themselves....I am sorry but some posters thrown out weekly gush ,and suddenly they become unwarranted facts...

In contrast,I have heard directly Rodgers protect wandering players,has hinted at the odd time,an individual has/is struggling with form,or other distractions...Rodgers repeatedly has said.."in the end I take full responsibility" & "I select & move squad players accordingly".

He's never trashed an individual  player..

After 1000 open statements,Rodgers in 3 years ..had a go in March at some players,not taking EOS-run seriously, a jab I believe he was more than entitled too.

And there were posters who by their actual demeaning of the players showed agreeance,but others used it to implicate..Rodgers 'was throwing them under the bus'

Well for me, !  there wasn't enough busses..because 3-5 players wheels stopped going around & around.

Trying to play mind games to suit ones agenda,then claim them has good hits,even facts is what's wrong with this forum...Throwing under the bus,Scape-goat, are definitely not the balanced reason for having a go at Rodgers .

He has stood up & took responsibility,

Having a jab at the club on lack of transfer movement...What should he do

"Play patsy" and take the hit...!

It's correct  he should open up, on lack of internal support & right to beggar the question....

But NOOO, we have the right to bend & abuse everything he says & does...

Lynch-mob noise rules..!!

For me,who defended him over long periods...It's his tactics,style of play,and top players as well as our fringe players are not bringing their best form,or 90 minutes concentration & discipline.

Always that plonker of a mistake,or bad judgement when under pressure,that as cost us points.90 minutes Mental-discipline & game-management...

The odd occasion,I put it on the player,but when " it" becomes a constant companion the manager & coaching staff have to be questioned.

This new season,has seen a continuence & IMHO I also now question his selection policy ,in relation to those mistakes...

It's same-ho, same-ho, & that is his responsibility & rightly we question the right for him to take us further....!!

Statement wise I reckon as football-managers go, if anything he is too up front..I see nothing wrong,but honest truths..

He never hid or tried to hide behind the most chronic-injury-period ,in our history,never used it as an excuse,unlike other managers,who have bigger,better resources,plus can afford & carry 2-3 top players out...

We had longer & 6-8 losses, or risked our key players, returning & seeing indifferent form..

I don't dislike the guy,the historonics on here and mis-use of statements is totally OTT...and the most of fans don't know shit,but like making it up...

But HE, the Rodgers-system & team are not working....

I will be fair & keep to my last season thoughts...completion of 10 games,can he get the squad settled after transfer  window...& get them performing.

I want as always entertaining,never say die, 11 clever foxes leading the hounds a merry chase...not always reading trash from the bins..!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 4

I know this is the Soyuncu thread... but...

It took me a while to see behind Rodgers' words. He can come across as reasoned and reasonable; his words logical and fair. He believes what he's saying, he doesn't lie. His words reflect his world.  He sees things not going his way in terms of fault and blame. In his mind, we lost to Spurs (partly) because Cags pulled out of a tackle. 

Admittedly, I've had to reshape the phrase 'thrown under the bus' and I use it now as a common currency but Rodgers does do it. Not outright in so many words, but in that reasoned and reasonable manner of his. He threw Cags under the bus.

Whatever has happened since, in terms of attitude in training etc, is what it is. I, like others, can only speculate. The bit that is undeniable though is Cags has hardly seen the light of day since that non-challenge. That has an appearance of scape-goating, no?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, taupe said:

It took me a while to see behind Rodgers' words. He can come across as reasoned and reasonable; his words logical and fair. He believes what he's saying, he doesn't lie. His words reflect his world.  He sees things not going his way in terms of fault and blame. In his mind, we lost to Spurs (partly) because Cags pulled out of a tackle. 

Admittedly, I've had to reshape the phrase 'thrown under the bus' and I use it now as a common currency but Rodgers does do it. Not outright in so many words, but in that reasoned and reasonable manner of his. He threw Cags under the bus.

Whatever has happened since, in terms of attitude in training etc, is what it is. I, like others, can only speculate. The bit that is undeniable though is Cags has hardly seen the light of day since that non-challenge. That has an appearance of scape-goating, no?

No...it's too easy to go into the cynical.

Rodgers is the Manager....the whole of last season...Cags & Amartey were the "scapegoats" of this forum, then Rodgers makes a descision on Cags,after January  also Cags-team,made statements of having other interests...I like Cags,but he has not been his full first season self,he had an injury,made 1-2 mistakes,then threw out during the season,"he is interested in a move"...   Scapegoat naa, !

full deserved dropping of the man & his team...Rodgers played that well,and I bet like me Rodgers wanted the "Real-Cags"....but as we seen Soyuncu wasn't producing...& though I blame others for that Spurs last 3 minute debacle,maybe then the last straw for Soyuncu...

Now this season,there after window shutting & transfer  horse bolted.

Rodgers has shown, window closed

New start for everyone but they the players have to show anew they want to play for the shirt...!!

Soyuncu with his attitude simply lost rank...

In all this Amartey had his days of "mistake of the week "

after actually  delivering a good game..but he was playing for the team and had no real secondary noise...

Rodgers must be fed up of the Prima-donna attitudes of his players putting out feelers before season was far from done...

Though Tielemans was straight forward & too honest..But the media speculated...

Amartey in comparison was 'playing the game'...His future thoughts were low key,even his agent criticised the Ghana press in false reporting..

( Though probably kick started by himself)..

Fofana return covered the obvious poor tracks,but with Fofana & Cags EOS attitude, destroyed our Bline. A pairing we wanted to be our future,

We were Robbed before it began,they never played for the badge or their own

sport....

Fofana is history in the worse sense,

Cags needs to return in being a Profi & play to his contract...

Rightly laid out to dry..

Scapegoat..no way!!

Edited by fuchsntf

2 hours ago, Sly said:

He’ll turn into a top centre back you’d imagine. 

It’s a shame, but I feel we’ll struggle next season if we survive this one. I’ve just lost all trust in our recruitment policy. 

How must you feel if you’re Soyuncu, watching Rodgers play Amartey, Ndidi etc in front of you. 

I was half hoping that Rodgers would do one and he’d sign a new contract here. 

Not sure that this is anything to do with our recruitment policy? It appears to be down to Rodgers sheer bloody mindedness.

• Like 1

Brendan’s destroyed the moral and form of previously one of our, and the league’s, best defenders in a time of a defensive crisis, and has lost us money on our core business model: excellent scouting then a big transfer out. Brendan’s not gone stale. He’s rotting and infecting the entire club.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Fantastic business from the club here. Pay a guy you're never going to play for a full year while forgoing a potential transfer fee. Outstanding 

Could completely change when Rodgers gets sacked, new manager might use him

We aren't exactly forgoing a transfer fee either when there hasn't been a transfer offer him during his entire time here

Edited by moore_94

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

Brendan’s destroyed the moral and form of previously one of our, and the league’s, best defenders in a time of a defensive crisis, and has lost us money on our core business model: excellent scouting then a big transfer out. Brendan’s not gone stale. He’s rotting and infecting the entire club.

So you wouldn't question the player at all? His shocking form for a long time is purely down to Rodgers? I can't agree with that. 

1 hour ago, Viva said:

So you wouldn't question the player at all? His shocking form for a long time is purely down to Rodgers? I can't agree with that. 

See the above post by taupe. If it was only Soyuncu’s form that had dipped I might agree with you. But it’s not like Brendan has done wonders for the rest of the team either. We’ll see what happens at Athletico. I suspect they’ll find out that with better coaching and man management he’ll since.

1 hour ago, Tielemans63 said:

Fantastic business from the club here. Pay a guy you're never going to play for a full year while forgoing a potential transfer fee. Outstanding 

It's quite something the way a rumour of a transfer (in two windows' time!) can be blithely treated as a foregone conclusion if it enables someone to have a pop at the club

On 12/09/2022 at 08:21, taupe said:

It certainly wasn't his first mistake. Maybe Rodgers thought he had defended him enough and felt he wanted to put some of the responsibility on the player's shoulders. Obviously we don't know all that happened behind the scenes after that, but there could be many reasons as to why he hasn't really featured since. Not all Rodger's fault necessarily either. 

So we will lose cags and YOURI next year for nothing , what a greatly run club we have that could not even buy one player until the little shit WES left , we have gone from a possible top 6 team to the laughing stock of the league, might not be ur fault TOP but it’s happened on ur watch . 

1 hour ago, Bptiger said:

So we will lose cags and YOURI next year for nothing , what a greatly run club we have that could not even buy one player until the little shit WES left , we have gone from a possible top 6 team to the laughing stock of the league, might not be ur fault TOP but it’s happened on ur watch . 

this is going to start happening to a lot of clubs. It’s not just us. 

Chelsea lost rudiger and christensen almost azpi as well. 

There’s not a lot you can do if players don’t want to sign deals. As soon as they tell their agents, they are in clubs ears telling them you can have them for free. 

• Like 1

On 17/09/2022 at 12:04, Tielemans63 said:

Sackable offence in any other business. Hang on, Leicester allow incompetence to blossom freely. 

17 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

this is going to start happening to a lot of clubs. It’s not just us. 

Chelsea lost rudiger and christensen almost azpi as well. 

There’s not a lot you can do if players don’t want to sign deals. As soon as they tell their agents, they are in clubs ears telling them you can have them for free. 

its the agents wanting to make more money, not a lot the club can do if they refuse to sign 

20 hours ago, buzzer_b said:

His form has been shite but I always thought he’d turn it around and would become a very important player for us again. He’ll be brilliant for Atletico. Big loss for us.

Agreed - really really disappointed with this outcome. 

• Like 1