Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Soyuncu

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Hope we can get £5-8m for him in January.

I can see Inter being in for him after the rumours during the summer

Skriniar only has 6 months left as well and I expect PSG will go back in for him in January rather than wait for him to join on a free in the summer

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, majaco said:

Could we do another Faes type signing?  If him and Perez go in January,  we could be looking much stronger 8f we sign a cb and a rw.

I know he's very young but Sylla at Club Brugge is going to be a beast of a centre half. Whilst they are in the CL though we will struggle to land him.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I just have this feeling that Soyuncu is going to go somewhere, do really well and end up being close to world class at a decent CL club (like a Dortmund, Sporting etc etc).

And we'll all look back and say he was one that got away.

He's got tonnes of potential.

Thing is, he's already shown that potential here and in Germany. Nobody would deny that he was poor last season but showed signs of turning the corner.

Worst bit is, it's another £30m-50m gone down the toilet when he goes on a free or for a couple of quid. Same with Youri. Give massive contracts to crap players but don't actually get your best assets on new deals. Not surprising we're in this state when the club is being run like this.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Thing is, he's already shown that potential here and in Germany. Nobody would deny that he was poor last season but showed signs of turning the corner.

Worst bit is, it's another £30m-50m gone down the toilet when he goes on a free or for a couple of quid. Same with Youri. Give massive contracts to crap players but don't actually get your best assets on new deals. Not surprising we're in this state when the club is being run like this.

Agreed. Not sure how or why we went wrong, but in a very short space of time we've gone from being a club broadly admired for overachieving and maximising our resources to another Everton / Villa type who should be doing a lot better than we are....

8 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I just have this feeling that Soyuncu is going to go somewhere, do really well and end up being close to world class at a decent CL club (like a Dortmund, Sporting etc etc).

Problem is, he obviously lost his way. I think he needs a change to realise that potential. 

I would love a fee, but I am not sure what the CB market will be like in January ... Huth was the last one that wasn't a clunker.

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Agreed. Not sure how or why we went wrong, but in a very short space of time we've gone from being a club broadly admired for overachieving and maximising our resources to another Everton / Villa type who should be doing a lot better than we are....

It just shows how fragile things can be for a club of our size, a couple of bad transfer windows, key players getting old and things can soon go very wrong.

We’re now in the pack of about 12-13 clubs who will be battling to stay up.

Get through the season and hopefully rebuild next summer. 

• Like 1

On 23/10/2022 at 16:57, Ric Flair said:

Hope we can get £5-8m for him in January.

....he is never going to go to an other club at a price paid to us, so close to the end of his contract!!!

As @moore_94has said, he has shown no inkling of signing a new contract, he has done this for a reason, it would be strange if he agreed to be sold now.

12 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

....just a problem with his mentality, and the inability to control emotions and mindset, but yes potentially he could be a world-class defender, he is the one stopping himself from achieving his potential!!!

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....he is never going to go to an other club at a price paid to us, so close to the end of his contract!!!

As @moore_94has said, he has shown no inkling of signing a new contract, he has done this for a reason, it would be strange if he agreed to be sold now.

The only thing that might change this is because his wages are very modest and the difference between what a club will offer him on a free or what they'd offer him to get him in January if desperate enough for a modest fee will be largely the same.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

The only thing that might change this is because his wages are very modest and the difference between what a club will offer him on a free or what they'd offer him to get him in January if desperate enough for a modest fee will be largely the same.

....money does not seem to be the most important thing to him, it might not seem too far-fetched in OM to pick him up!!!

I feel he sees more to life such as friendship than money.

On 25/10/2022 at 15:24, dmayne7 said:

A contract has been on the table for Youri for a long time. Can’t force him to sign it. I’m very glad we didn’t give Soyuncu a huge contract otherwise we would be in a bigger mess with him than we are now. 

I guess he's had no interest in staying for quite some time now, and that's being reflected in his attitude - just happy to see his time out. Why that's happened would be more more guess work, and speculation too far for me.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

https://sportwitness.co.uk/club-will-offer-short-term-deal-leicester-player-fulfil-wish-join-european-giant-next-summer/

Short-term deal offer for Leicester player – Can then fulfil wish to join ‘European giant’
By Naveen Ullal -17th November 2022

Leicester City defender Çağlar Söyüncü’s long-term future seems to be away from the King Power Stadium

The Turkey international has made two appearances in all competitions this season and hasn’t featured for the Foxes since their 1-0 defeat to Manchester City last month.

He has over six months left on his contract. This, coupled with his failure to convince Brendan Rodgers could see Leicester let go of him at the end of this term.

The 26-year-old’s situation with the Premier League side has caught Beşiktaş’s attention, as per Fanatik. The Black Eagles, who want to strengthen the centre-back position in the winter market, have Rodgers’ man on their radar.

It’s suggested Leicester will release Söyüncü after his contract with them runs down and his plan is to then join a ‘European giant’.

The Süper Lig side don’t fit this bill. Therefore, they ‘will offer’ him a short-term deal in January. Beşiktaş’ idea is to sign Söyüncü on loan deal until the end of this season so that he can be allowed to execute his plan to get a move to a top club next summer.

Fanatik doesn’t mention whether Söyüncü and/or Leicester are open to the loan transfer in January.

It would seem a no brainer for any of the Turkish teams to get a Turkish international for free wouldnt it. 

Other than to get his low wages off the books there would be no benefit to us loaning him out for the last 6 months of his contract as I doubt they are going to pay much of a fee either 

My take is there are more than monetary benefits to moving him and a few others on. Like any normal place of work when people decide their time is up in an organisation, they subconsciously clock off. 

Having a group of players with 1 foot out of the building can have a detrimental effect on the squad.

Ideally would like to see Perez, Soyuncu and Vestiguaard moved on in January, which would free up around 200k a week.