Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Soyuncu

It worries me that Leicester are not managing their assets too well lately. Players running down their contracts  is not good business as far as I can see.

We had a strong reputation of being well managed, buying low & selling high !

What has changed ?   I don't understand at all.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

It worries me that Leicester are not managing their assets too well lately. Players running down their contracts  is not good business as far as I can see.

We had a strong reputation of being well managed, buying low & selling high !

What has changed ?   I don't understand at all.

This is not just Leicester, it’s across the game, and is a sign of player over club power

• Like 4

9 hours ago, davieG said:

https://sportwitness.co.uk/club-will-offer-short-term-deal-leicester-player-fulfil-wish-join-european-giant-next-summer/

Short-term deal offer for Leicester player – Can then fulfil wish to join ‘European giant’
By Naveen Ullal -17th November 2022

Leicester City defender Çağlar Söyüncü’s long-term future seems to be away from the King Power Stadium

The Turkey international has made two appearances in all competitions this season and hasn’t featured for the Foxes since their 1-0 defeat to Manchester City last month.

He has over six months left on his contract. This, coupled with his failure to convince Brendan Rodgers could see Leicester let go of him at the end of this term.

The 26-year-old’s situation with the Premier League side has caught Beşiktaş’s attention, as per Fanatik. The Black Eagles, who want to strengthen the centre-back position in the winter market, have Rodgers’ man on their radar.

It’s suggested Leicester will release Söyüncü after his contract with them runs down and his plan is to then join a ‘European giant’.

The Süper Lig side don’t fit this bill. Therefore, they ‘will offer’ him a short-term deal in January. Beşiktaş’ idea is to sign Söyüncü on loan deal until the end of this season so that he can be allowed to execute his plan to get a move to a top club next summer.

Fanatik doesn’t mention whether Söyüncü and/or Leicester are open to the loan transfer in January.

...they could not afford to loan him out, Besiktas are always looking for a bargain!!!

I can't see this happening, I  think he is set on OM.

20 minutes ago, Sly said:

He’s being monitored by Southampton, Wolves and Aston Villa. 

He will have a renaissance, it's sadly one of those things and if we get nothing for him it will be a double hammer blow. 

I just hope someone with disposable funds are willing to go for him this January, with the modest wages he is on I think a team would be willing to pay £10m + and similar in signing on fee and big wages as he's a £35-40m defender.

• Like 3

On 17/11/2022 at 13:55, coolhandfox said:

Ideally would like to see Perez, Soyuncu and Vestiguaard moved on in January, which would free up around 200k a week.

I just don't see why this would be any easier in January than it was in the summer.

In Vestergaard's case it's probably now harder, that carrot of a WC place being gone.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I just don't see why this would be any easier in January than it was in the summer.

In Vestergaard's case it's probably now harder, that carrot of a WC place being gone.

Soyuncu maybe easiest he's been use to be a regular so hardly playing for 6 months my be a motivator.

As for the other two who know, but a guy can dream.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Vestergaard only has 18 months left on his contract. We'll chuff him up a million or so as a sweetener.

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

because of the World Cup I think we’ll see a lot more player movement than in previous Januarys I think a lot of some not so big clubs will want the likes of our players mentioned for their stars that move on..

• 2 weeks later...

Google translate of the whole article..

From the player's environment in Turkey they assure that the agreement is close, something that, on the other hand, the rojiblanco club denies.

Caglar Soyuncu.
JONATHAN NACKSTRANDAFP

Atlético combs the market in search of a central defender and has asked in Turkey for Caglar Soyuncu (Izmir, Turkey, 1996). From the player's environment they assure that the agreement is close, something that, on the other hand, the rojiblanco club denies. There have only been questions, interest. For now.

The rojiblanco club would try, according to the information coming from Turkey, to carry out an Operation Reinildo : sign the Leicester footballer at a low price because he is free in June or sign him for June and try to speed up his arrival by now, January. If Leicester's claims are very high, I would wait until June .

Soyuncu in the friendly between Turkey and the Czech Republic.
Enlarge
Soyuncu in the friendly between Turkey and the Czech Republic.Anadolu AgencyGetty

The rojiblanco sports director, Andrea Berta, would have even called Mustafa Bogru, the footballer's former representative, to find out the ins and outs of the personality of the player who has only played 72' this season in the Premier, with the Leicester with whom he had been a fixed the previous season.

Atleti, already behind in 2018

Atlético was already interested in his signing when Soyuncu was playing for Freiburg , but the German club was asking for 20 million euros for his transfer. An amount that seemed exaggerated to the rojiblanca board at the time , 2018. Madrid and Barcelona also asked about the central defenderlast season but they did not reach any agreement with Leicester.

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Dames said:

The Merc again saying he’s off to Athleti in a cut price deal in January. Thats a decent move for him and I can see Simeone getting a tune out of him. 

if we get 2-5 mil it’s actually pretty good given the situation. 

32 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I'd be well pleased for him to go to Atletico, never complained despite being scapegoated at times and generally been professional, at lower wages than most of the squad. Reckon he'll do well under Simeone.

Hasn't Rodgers gone on record as saying he's training nowhere near well enough? Doesn't reek of consumate professionalism.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Hasn't Rodgers gone on record as saying he's training nowhere near well enough? Doesn't reek of consumate professionalism.

Yeah he did and he is the one that sees him in training every day.

2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I'd be well pleased for him to go to Atletico, never complained despite being scapegoated at times and generally been professional, at lower wages than most of the squad. Reckon he'll do well under Simeone.

Think you are letting him off lightly he was pretty poor for the majority of 21/22 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

....Rodgers last comment on Caglar was he is a professional in training and happy to include him in the team, bit of a contrast to what he was previously saying about the player!!!

A strapped up Caglar brought back into the fold.

• Like 1