Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Soyuncu

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...is Caglar a strong enough person to operate under a coach such as Simeone!!!

I think so, i think he’d be better off working under a manager that wants to utilise his natural aggression rather than to curtail it. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, baldeagle said:

He didn’t show much natural aggression pulling out of that tackle against Spurs or at numerous set pieces and corners where he made no attempt at attacking the ball . 

That doesn't suit the narrative though does it.

Another example of a player getting better not playing.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Think you are letting him off lightly he was pretty poor for the majority of 21/22 

He was bad for sure, but I think he's not like Faes who can shine no matter the circumstances, he's someone who performs better when the team is more cohesive. Us relying on him as our main centre back I think was our downfall. 

I do feel sorry for Soyuncu. 1x season getting used to the prem but not playing and the next being in the season of the PL team. 

During that summer something happened between BR and soyuncu, too many coincidences for BR to overlook him. 

• Like 2

Needs a fresh start. We all do sometimes. For whatever reasons, it hasn't worked out for him (and we can all speculate) but I don't see there being any change. The sooner he is moved on, the better all around.

Saddens me because I kinda liked him (as best one can not knowing them) but it's pretty clear there's a stalemate.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I do feel sorry for Soyuncu. 1x season getting used to the prem but not playing and the next being in the season of the PL team. 

During that summer something happened between BR and soyuncu, too many coincidences for BR to overlook him. 

His sending off v Bournemouth? 🤔

17 hours ago, baldeagle said:

He didn’t show much natural aggression pulling out of that tackle against Spurs or at numerous set pieces and corners where he made no attempt at attacking the ball . 

Good shout. I like Cags but he was an absolute embarrassment at the start of last season. A lot of people were hammering Big Dan and Luke Thomas but Soyuncu was bloody awful.

Edited by Tielemans63
  • Like 1

I liked him when he was good but I haven’t liked his performances for about 18 months now. You could put one season down to being off form but when it  it spills over into two seasons or more then it’s time to get rid. 

bye, cags but it’s time to go.

1 hour ago, MPH said:

I liked him when he was good but I haven’t liked his performances for about 18 months now. You could put one season down to being off form but when it  it spills over into two seasons or more then it’s time to get rid. 

How can he be criticised for his performances for the last 6 months, he's not played? Rodgers decided he was done with him and he's played about twice since, one of which was vs Man City out the blue and he did alright.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, MPH said:

There is irony somewhere in that....

But as has already been pointed out, it's incredibly harsh to criticise him and claim performances haven't been good in the last 18 months and carry over two seasons when he generally hasn't been played for the last 6 months of that 18, he's played once this season and that was only because we were absolutely desperate, he's been hung out to dry, frozen out, whatever, not to mention being asked to play in a inconducive nonsense style and way that he's clearly not comfortable with - You should strive to get the best out of your players.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

We are going to lose him and Tielemans on a free, end up having to sell Maddison at a knock down fee and a few others in positions where we aren't in control of.

For all the success and plaudits we have had in recent years, this is extremely poor and deeply concerning for the future. Dangerous trap we've gotten ourselves in to that will only end up one way. 

Hard to stop though. Soyuncu and Tielemans were offered new deals but didn’t take them. We finished 5th twice so not cashing in on them at the time was understandable. 

Also Brighton may have rinsed Chelsea for cash, but what did they get out of it? Not yet qualified for Europe yet alone won something. 

I understand where you’re coming from but it’s not an easy thing to solve. 

33 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Hard to stop though. Soyuncu and Tielemans were offered new deals but didn’t take them. We finished 5th twice so not cashing in on them at the time was understandable. 

Also Brighton may have rinsed Chelsea for cash, but what did they get out of it? Not yet qualified for Europe yet alone won something. 

I understand where you’re coming from but it’s not an easy thing to solve. 

Of course it's not easy, but what is when trying to compete with the elite. We are now in a vicious circle though, which a few other clubs have gotten in to with successful players who they kept too long and then not only have they walked away for free or a nominal fee but the cost of not only replacing them but trying to improve the squad as well becomes harrowing. That is why we are very likely to be at the end of this successful hacienda era, I don't see how we rebuild well enough.

It's the same with academy players leaving, once one or two gain confidence in doing so then others make the brave move. A year or two ago none of our high value assets would run their contracts down but we've paid the price for pushing things to the max by trying to keep all of them and pay massive wages. Something had to give and we're about to lose £80m worth of talent + others. 

This is why Rodgers simply have to demand our academy is overhauled properly and then put faith in them, we need to generate as many players as possible.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Of course it's not easy, but what is when trying to compete with the elite. We are now in a vicious circle though, which a few other clubs have gotten in to with successful players who they kept too long and then not only have they walked away for free or a nominal fee but the cost of not only replacing them but trying to improve the squad as well becomes harrowing. That is why we are very likely to be at the end of this successful hacienda era, I don't see how we rebuild well enough.

It's the same with academy players leaving, once one or two gain confidence in doing so then others make the brave move. A year or two ago none of our high value assets would run their contracts down but we've paid the price for pushing things to the max by trying to keep all of them and pay massive wages. Something had to give and we're about to lose £80m worth of talent + others. 

This is why Rodgers simply have to demand our academy is overhauled properly and then put faith in them, we need to generate as many players as possible.

I was going to say that developing the academy is the way to go. Some of those players might still leave for free, but most will likely want to do right by the club, so will go for a fee instead. Barnes, Thomas and KDH could all be sold if necessary, showing how valuable it can be to the club.

But sadly it seems like the gap between us and the money clubs in the country is growing, not shrinking!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

How can he be criticised for his performances for the last 6 months, he's not played? Rodgers decided he was done with him and he's played about twice since, one of which was vs Man City out the blue and he did alright.

If not performances on the pitch then performances in training.

Rodgers came right out and said  in an interview that his performances in training have been no where near of premier league standard . So I stand by what I said!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

....I understand where your coming from and would love to see a more competitive U21 team, but you cannot overlook bringing in quality players at pretty affordable prices to maintain our level in this league!!!

I am pretty confident in what Glover will bring to the club, we just have not bought or scouted well enough.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MPH said:

If not performances on the pitch then performances in training.

Rodgers came right out and said  in an interview that his performances in training have been no where near of premier league standard . So I stand by what I said!

He's also then weirdly said that during this prolonged absence that he's been 1st class even when not being picked, so who knows what's been happening. I don't think the club are overly happy with him not entertaining a new deal but also not leaving. He's on modest wages too so something odd has happened.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's also then weirdly said that during this prolonged absence that he's been 1st class even when not being picked, so who knows what's been happening. I don't think the club are overly happy with him not entertaining a new deal but also not leaving. He's on modest wages too so something odd has happened.

there HAS been talk of a bust up between the pair . It seems so odd that despite how diabolically we played last season and early this season that he still wasn’t picked…. I mean we were desperate for a point and a clean sheet at one point… it would have been so easy to pick him even if he was out of form.. just to change something up… so clearly something has happened about him that’s upset Rodgers. It’s either going to be that he’s gone off the boil  and is disinterested/ underperforming or they’ve had a bust up. Doesn’t seem any other plausible options

• Like 2