Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Soyuncu

9 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

Put it out there that we’ve offered him contract, club who wants him free in summer come in during January and offer us a couple of million for him. Off he goes. 

Or from abroad just offer him a contract in January and still get him for free in the Summer. 

4 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Or from abroad just offer him a contract in January and still get him for free in the Summer. 

Cags won't be the only one. I reckon Youri will do the same. Only difference maybe that Cags goes in Jan if Atleti want him sooner and stump up a few quid. 

3 minutes ago, CloudFox said:
Best for all parties if we can get a fee for him in Jan. Hate that his time with us has ended like this though.

Only for us really, Soyuncu and his agent will probably pocket a bit more if they don't have to pay us anything. Footballing wise it would suit everyone, but financially it doesn't.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

2020 - named in PFA Premier League team of the Year. Rated £50m+

2022 - Frozen out of a team in desperate need of strong defence

2023 - given away free to a much bigger club

Remarkable even by Rodgers standards.

Let's just gloss over the fact his been poor since the start of last season.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

And we should do, no point keeping him.

Only reason is if we can't get a CB in.

Would leave us with Faes, Amartey, Vestergaard and Ndidi for emergencies unless Evans ever gets fit.

Could see let him go and get someone on loan with a option to buy.

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Only reason is if we can't get a CB in.

Would leave us with Faes, Amartey, Vestergaard and Ndidi for emergencies unless Evans ever gets fit.

Could see let him go and get someone on loan with a option to buy.

Yes we need 1 in anyway as a) he refuses to use Soyuncu and Evans is done for and b) he'll be trusted even less if he's signed a pre contract to leave in the summer. No point in him being here, he wouldn't ever play.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Chance are they just want us to let him go now on a free, or play a very small fee.

If he goes we definitely need a CB in January.

We let him go there 6 months earlier than he should do, in return they loan us Thomas Lemar until the end of the season. 

6 hours ago, Pliskin said:

It’s also not great to see either. It clearly shows Rodgers will just drop anyone who he doesn’t see eye to eye with. Perhaps Cags has downed tools somewhat, but isn’t it Brendan’s job to enquire about his inhibitions, and manage the player? It’s been handled poorly, because Cags is a great player, no matter what his recent form would suggest, and it’s an asset that’s now been greatly reduced through poor management in my opinion.

You can't just blame Rodgers for everything. It isn't that simple. Who knows what has happened behind the scenes 

Edited by TommyK
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Pliskin said:

It’s also not great to see either. It clearly shows Rodgers will just drop anyone who he doesn’t see eye to eye with. Perhaps Cags has downed tools somewhat, but isn’t it Brendan’s job to enquire about his inhibitions, and manage the player? It’s been handled poorly, because Cags is a great player, no matter what his recent form would suggest, and it’s an asset that’s now been greatly reduced through poor management in my opinion.

Cags was a great player,  we have no idea why he has regressed quite so badly, but it is very disappointing.

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

we have no idea why he has regressed quite so badly

Now there is the question. I suspect we'll never know. This is more than simple loss of form. You can come back from that. One side or the other has given up. How it came to that? Who knows. 

Get a token fee for him now and move on. His (comparatively negligible) wages are off the books and there is a squad space free. Manage CB situation best we can from there. We know Wilf can drop in if needs and Evans is crocked longer term. 

Not ideal, no, but at the moment pretty much nothing is ideal at the club.anyway. This season has a whole new vibe to it. Forget Europe, just stay up and look to next season (cups aside) There'll be significant changes summer; end of an era, new era commences. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, taupe said:

Now there is the question. I suspect we'll never know. This is more than simple loss of form. You can come back from that. One side or the other has given up. How it came to that? Who knows. 

Get a token fee for him now and move on. His (comparatively negligible) wages are off the books and there is a squad space free. Manage CB situation best we can from there. We know Wilf can drop in if needs and Evans is crocked longer term. 

Not ideal, no, but at the moment pretty much nothing is ideal at the club.anyway. This season has a whole new vibe to it. Forget Europe, just stay up and look to next season (cups aside) There'll be significant changes summer; end of an era, new era commences. 

Yes, it sure is a strange one, but best now for all parties (I guess) if we went our separate ways at the earliest opportunity,

• Like 1

Shame, an on form Cags is a great player and an off form Cags is a liability. Always looked better next to Evans. Don't imagine we'll ever know why his form dropped off a cliff but I'd expect a change of scenery to be good for him.

Surely they've got a young winger that would benefit from a 6-18m loan with us to give us some inexpensive cover for the wings in exchange for an early contract release.

12 hours ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

I just can't understand how he is good enough for Atletico, but not good enough for us. I reckon Simone will turn him into a monster. 

Would genuinely love to know what’s happened here. As you say it doesn’t make any sense.

Either BR has lost confidence - but christ Amartey still has his confidence? - or Cags has decided he wants to leave.