Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Soyuncu

12 hours ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

I just can't understand how he is good enough for Atletico, but not good enough for us. I reckon Simone will turn him into a monster. 

Don't be surprised if this is a money making exercise. In that they don't think he's good enough long term, but a relative low/no risk signing that they can give a few games to and sell him on for £10mill down the line.

• Like 1

Cags hasn't been motivated to perform for us for quite a while. No doubt he got ideas above his station and thought he was bigger and better than the club. 

Every single attribute that made him a quality player for us is still there but he isn't applying himself very well at all.

I imagine he'll be very good at Atletico as he'll see that as his level. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Dames said:

No doubt he got ideas above his station and thought he was bigger and better than the club. 

Wow. Ok. I don't know quite how you've come to that conclusion but that's cool. All opinions count equal.

1 minute ago, taupe said:

Wow. Ok. I don't know quite how you've come to that conclusion but that's cool. All opinions count equal.

He started getting loads of interest and links away nothing materialised solidly but he never agreed to a new improved deal with us and his form fell off a cliff.

It reeks of a player thinking they should be playing at a higher level than they are. 

14 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

Won’t be getting a fee then

if he signs for  for next season, that’s different. We can still get a fee for him to go now. Like a loan fee  until the end of the season

5 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

The fact that Athletico want him still after he's not kicked a ball for so long tells you all you need to know. 

1. They believe that there's a very decent player in there.

2. Rodgers continual mismanagement of him both on and off the field. I doubt Simeone would be buying him to play on the extreme left of a three. I think I'd trust Simeone's judgement over Rodgers any day of the week. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

I doubt Simeone would be buying him to play on the extreme left of a three.

Just to clarify, is the "extreme left" of a back three the same as simply "the left" of a back three? Or does he have to wear a bit of bungee chord and skydiving equipment to make it Xtreeeeeeem?!

• Haha 4

Losing him for free is absolute abomination. Whoever it was who allowed the club to get into this situation needs sacking, and dumping in the middle of the Atlantic. We could lose Youri as well for free, which in reality is probably £50m worth of players, walking away for free…. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Losing him for free is absolute abomination. Whoever it was who allowed the club to get into this situation needs sacking, and dumping in the middle of the Atlantic. We could lose Youri as well for free, which in reality is probably £50m worth of players, walking away for free…. 

Feel the same, letting a CL class defender go for free all because we employed someone who cant coach him properly.

2 hours ago, BroughtonFox said:

He’s starting today with Vestergard and Brunt I imagine, with Albrighton and Mcateer wingbacks

I hope not. If madrid want him that bad and his contract is up in the summer then make some money now. If my memory isn't flawed I think he cost us about £18 million.