Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Soyuncu

On 03/01/2023 at 09:56, Dames said:

Cags hasn't been motivated to perform for us for quite a while. No doubt he got ideas above his station and thought he was bigger and better than the club. 

Every single attribute that made him a quality player for us is still there but he isn't applying himself very well at all.

I imagine he'll be very good at Atletico as he'll see that as his level. 

It's not all about self motivation though in fairness. Maybe he's become demotivated because of the way Rodgers was deploying him and his general man management. He's not the only one who appears to lack motivation or confidence. Much of this comes from the leadership.

If I was Soyuncu, Maddison or quite a few of the others, I'd be merely praying for summer to escape. The tremendous spirit and togetherness our team previously had has been systematically drained out of them it appears and I blame that fully on Rodgers for all the reasons previously stated. System, philosophy, tactics and the way he's weddled his influence into every single aspect of the club. He's been a slow but sure poison a Top seems far too nieve to see it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Losing him for free is absolute abomination. Whoever it was who allowed the club to get into this situation needs sacking, and dumping in the middle of the Atlantic. We could lose Youri as well for free, which in reality is probably £50m worth of players, walking away for free…. 

There definitely needs to be a root and branch review of the decision making on the football side. 

How we have allowed key assets to potentially exit for nothing / modest sums is shocking. Certainly not too 6 mindset.

Worry is the likes of Rudders are gold plated and will never be questioned. 

Maybe all it took was a new Manager to get Soyuncus value back? 

The cost of sacking Rodgers, Vs getting £20m for Soyuncu 12 months ago if he was playing well. 

Just now, JimmyC74 said:

There definitely needs to be a root and branch review of the decision making on the football side. 

How we have allowed key assets to potentially exit for nothing / modest sums is shocking. Certainly not too 6 mindset.

Worry is the likes of Rudders are gold plated and will never be questioned. 

It became Wengers undoing at Arsenal really. His reluctance to cash in at the right time. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, reynard said:

Have we actually turned down a definite offer for Soyuncu?  

I’m not sure if we have recently. Apparently we turned down an offer from
Manchester Scott of £38,000,000 a few seasons ago. I’m sure we’ll have had enquiries. 

It’s been evident that with his low wages and him having had a contract on the table for a significant amount of time (2 years plus), with a significant wage rise, he wouldn’t stay. Unfortunately we should have cashed on. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sly said:

I’m not sure if we have recently. Apparently we turned down an offer from
Manchester Scott of £38,000,000 a few seasons ago. I’m sure we’ll have had enquiries. 

It’s been evident that with his low wages and him having had a contract on the table for a significant amount of time (2 years plus), with a significant wage rise, he wouldn’t stay. Unfortunately we should have cashed on. 

Hmm. Thanks for the info.

It isn't that easy to just sell players though if first, we're not getting any offers and second, if the player himself doesn't want to leave for any of the clubs which may or may not have made an offer.

Agents also want their cut too so would want a deal where they can get the most money for themselves. They aren't interested in the clubs only themselves and their player.

1 minute ago, Foxxed said:

If he becomes a star at Athletico are we going to blame Rodgers for not playing him or just say "it was one of those things".

The direction of travel on the forum suggests the former is a certainty

17 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

If he becomes a star at Athletico are we going to blame Rodgers for not playing him or just say "it was one of those things".

He has shown no signs of wanting to sign a new contract in the last 4 years.

His agent has been banging on about playing for a big club for more then 2 years.

He doesn't want to play for LCFC simple.

40 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

If he's shit at athletico are you going to acknowledge that brendan was right all along, fall onto your knees and beg for forgiveness for blaming him for every last little thing?

Or will you just quietly move on and find something else to blame him for? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

If he's shit at athletico are you going to acknowledge that brendan was right all along, fall onto your knees and beg for forgiveness for blaming him for every last little thing?

Or will you just quietly move on and find something else to blame him for? 

Yeah. Ill definitely get on my knees and beg if that excites you big boy.

• Haha 4

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, themightyfin said:

Maybe his time here is not up... ?

The plot thickens.

Hes leaving then?