Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Soyuncu

1 hour ago, NasPb said:

BINGO!

Rodgers is an opportunist.  Like the blair of football. (not on a personal level of course, rodgers isnt responsible for the murder of millions of innocent people world wide

:P there's still time

12 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Both have been in the wrong… it’s clear Cags downed tools, and it did seem to coincide with the departure of his mate Under… but Brendan should have managed the situation much better. Rather that isolate him he should have had these chats sooner rather than later. A fully fit and on board Cags is one of the best players at the club. 

agreed. But you know, rain falls from the sky. Youve got to blame the one with the more inherent power (rodgers) first. I think well look back at soyuncus time here with dissapointment. about what could have been

9 minutes ago, NasPb said:

agreed. But you know, rain falls from the sky. Youve got to blame the one with the more inherent power (rodgers) first. I think well look back at soyuncus time here with dissapointment. about what could have been

But equally Cags needs to look at himself for downing tools. Like I’ve said both carry the can somewhat. But Cags has let us down by acting like a gibbon. It’s not like he was busting a guy for us when he did play. If he sorts these issues out, pens a new deal and plays well we will benefit massively, because he is a great player. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

But equally Cags needs to look at himself for downing tools. Like I’ve said both carry the can somewhat. But Cags has let us down by acting like a gibbon. It’s not like he was busting a guy for us when he did play. If he sorts these issues out, pens a new deal and plays well we will benefit massively, because he is a great player. 

Agreed 

42 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Well yes he does but could you see a player downing tools for klopp or guardiola without them being shipped out at the first available transfer window? The fact he’s been allowed to mope and sulk is entirely on Rodgers and the fact they’ve only now reportedly had clear the air talks speaks volumes, he’s allowed soyuncus value to plummet whilst moaning about transfers and funds available. And whilst the sale of cags for 10-15 million in the summer wouldn’t move mountains it gets a player and wages off the books whilst sending a message to the rest of the squad. 
A good manager would have had clear the air talks after a couple of weeks max of him downing tools and made it clear in a respectable way that he either bucks up his ideas or he’ll be sold at the earliest opportunity. 
On his day, soyuncu is one of the best cbs in the league, he’s been completely mismanaged and sapped of any confidence he has, there’s no wonder he can’t be arsed 

• Like 3

I liked Soyuncu and thought he was a good defender for 18 months, but he's downed tools, and some on here are too forgiving.  I just think maybe it is his cult status among some that enables him to be too easily forgiven.  Could you imagine the hate if someone like Chilwell had done this, or if Maddison was to down tools?  Oh wait, Chilwell sort of took his foot of the pedal a bit, but not to the extent of Soyuncu, and Chilwell got way more hate, whilst Cags gets the "good luck mate on your future", "it is Rodgers fault", "don't go all is forgiven". 

Personally I wouldn't give Soyuncu "the steam off my s**t", he's let this club down, he's a paid professional by the club, and he's not behaved like it for the past year.  You can argue that it is not all his fault, but where does this misguided sympathy come from..... the hatred of Rodgers?  I have never liked most of my bosses at work, but I just got on with it......surely it must be easier if you're paid a million+ a year, to swallow your pride?

Edited by Le Renard
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

Well yes he does but could you see a player downing tools for klopp or guardiola without them being shipped out at the first available transfer window? The fact he’s been allowed to mope and sulk is entirely on Rodgers and the fact they’ve only now reportedly had clear the air talks speaks volumes, he’s allowed soyuncus value to plummet whilst moaning about transfers and funds available. And whilst the sale of cags for 10-15 million in the summer wouldn’t move mountains it gets a player and wages off the books whilst sending a message to the rest of the squad. 
A good manager would have had clear the air talks after a couple of weeks max of him downing tools and made it clear in a respectable way that he either bucks up his ideas or he’ll be sold at the earliest opportunity. 
On his day, soyuncu is one of the best cbs in the league, he’s been completely mismanaged and sapped of any confidence he has, there’s no wonder he can’t be arsed 

People need to get some perspective. He is an adult with a job ffs, get the hell on with it! Brendan treats you mean! Cry me a river, bosses can be, do your best so you can gtfo. The number of excuses for Caglar is just bizarre but can only assume it is man easy stick to beat Rodgers with (Who has quit enough already to be honest)

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

People need to get some perspective. He is an adult with a job ffs, get the hell on with it! Brendan treats you mean! Cry me a river, bosses can be, do your best so you can gtfo. The number of excuses for Caglar is just bizarre but can only assume it is man easy stick to beat Rodgers with (Who has quit enough already to be honest)

Bosses might be mean but it's fairly obvious that cags and rodgers have had a disagreement or two (if anyone can verify how many that is). Point being its Rodgers issue to sort out, its called man management and he has shown that he's completely incapable of it. If he'd have had these talks in the beginning and moving on instead of benching him for the better part of 18 months whilst seeing his value plummet as well then we'd all be better off right now imo.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Bosses might be mean but it's fairly obvious that cags and rodgers have had a disagreement or two (if anyone can verify how many that is). Point being its Rodgers issue to sort out, its called man management and he has shown that he's completely incapable of it. If he'd have had these talks in the beginning and moving on instead of benching him for the better part of 18 months whilst seeing his value plummet as well then we'd all be better off right now imo.

Nope. No one person sorts out a conflict, its a joint effort. Compromise is key, it always is, and without knowing the details we can only assume and write the story to fit our agendas

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Nope. No one person sorts out a conflic, its a joint effort. Compromise is key, it always is, and without knowing the details we can only assume and write the story to fit our agendas

I agree with the compromises but in reality what brendan says goes and he has the final decision over all players and can he can bench them as and when he pleases. 

1 minute ago, UHDrive said:

I agree with the compromises but in reality what brendan says goes and he has the final decision over all players and can he can bench them as and when he pleases. 

Of course, totally agree with that, he picks who he likes, but that does not define WHY he would pick A over B, we assume  :dunno:

It can only be a good thing if he is back under consideration, but proof is in the pudding here I think

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Of course, totally agree with that, he picks who he likes, but that does not define WHY he would pick A over B, we assume  :dunno:

It can only be a good thing if he is back under consideration, but proof is in the pudding here I think

Totally agree. Cags has been known to have a fiery temper so I doubt that would help Rodgers stubbornness (or any manager to be fair)

• Like 1

All this making up business between the two just demonstrates(if true) that Rodgers is not great at man management. He was one of our best players and the fact we’ve been reduced to playing Amartey(one of my favourite players, but a back up), is criminal. 

On 09/01/2023 at 17:54, Ric Flair said:

He is the best central defender at the club, Faes may in time be better than him but I'd be delighted if he signed a new deal.

...what would have been the cause for the talks between Cags and Rodgers!!!

The possibility that AM wants him as opposed to Acrington Stanley  may have forced Rodgers to address the existing issue.  Going to a much poorer team would have rubber stamped Rodgers opinion of him but if a coach such as Simeone sees him as an answer to their backline then Rodgers judgment might not be all he believes it to be.

I cannot see him signing  a new contract,  unless the problem or the person causing the problem was no longer going to be a feature in his life.

The amount of money Cags has lost by not signing a contract, just proved how desperate he was to get away.

On 10/01/2023 at 10:32, Pliskin said:

...anyone who has been criticised unduly in their eyes, will become demotivated!!!

It is hard to give anything back to the person who has publicly questioned your ability or application. 

The slightest thing will bring this back to the fore, he needs to be away from this situation and enjoy walking into work every day once again, there is no joy in working with someone you do not respect.