Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Soyuncu

On 08/01/2023 at 06:36, Sly said:

I’m not sure if we have recently. Apparently we turned down an offer from
Manchester Scott of £38,000,000 a few seasons ago. I’m sure we’ll have had enquiries. 

It’s been evident that with his low wages and him having had a contract on the table for a significant amount of time (2 years plus), with a significant wage rise, he wouldn’t stay. Unfortunately we should have cashed on. 

Wow Manchester Scott? I can understand Cags downing tools if we’ve turned down an offer that came in from the world renowned Scotties. 

• Haha 2

On 09/01/2023 at 21:51, Pliskin said:

Both have been in the wrong… it’s clear Cags downed tools, and it did seem to coincide with the departure of his mate Under… but Brendan should have managed the situation much better. Rather that isolate him he should have had these chats sooner rather than later. A fully fit and on board Cags is one of the best players at the club

It's obviously much better that we don't have players who are left out on the basis of anything other than form and fitness.

But It's been getting on for two years since we've seen him be 'one of the best players at the club'. Only eight months of that is post the 'Tottenham incident'. There does seem to be a bit of an assumption that he'd soon be back to his 'early LCFC career' incarnation as opposed to settling at the level he was for the year leading up to their very public spat. 

21 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Still think he'd struggle at Athletico, reckon Simeone would get completely fed up with him

Trust me, Cags is still an improvement on whatever they've currently got for CBs.

Felipe is scrap value, Gimenez is like Cags but without the footballing ability, Kondogbia isn't even a CB and Reinildo is hardly enough to make up for the 2 chuckle brothers playing alongside him.

3 hours ago, LFox99 said:

Trust me, Cags is still an improvement on whatever they've currently got for CBs.

Felipe is scrap value, Gimenez is like Cags but without the footballing ability, Kondogbia isn't even a CB and Reinildo is hardly enough to make up for the 2 chuckle brothers playing alongside him.

We needed him today!

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

He is shit now, and people need to get over it, and he is only believed to be decent because he isn’t playing. lol

Is Dan shit? Yes, is Cags worse? Well Brendan thinks Dan is preferable and anything else is irrelevant.

It is amazing how often players who don’t play, improve… 

But… I would still give him a try over Amartey. And I’d give Iverson a go over Ward. I mean, how much worse could it get? 

17 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

It is amazing how often players who don’t play, improve… 

But… I would still give him a try over Amartey. And I’d give Iverson a go over Ward. I mean, how much worse could it get? 

Genuinely could get a lot worse. Plus Soy is much better at LCB and you wouldn't drop Faes for Soy.

4 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

He is shit now, and people need to get over it, and he is only believed to be decent because he isn’t playing. lol

Is Dan shit? Yes, is Cags worse? Well Brendan thinks Dan is preferable and anything else is irrelevant.

Dan does what he is told and tries hard. Cags called out Brendans sh** and got burned. Guess the common problem in there?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

Dan does what he is told and tries hard. Cags called out Brendans sh** and got burned. Guess the common problem in there?

Rodgers has systematically destroyed his confidence for too long and for no plausible reason other than he's self righteous to a worrying degree.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UHDrive said:

Rodgers has systematically destroyed his confidence for too long and for no plausible reason other than he's self righteous to a worrying degree.

Rodgers has systematically destroyed this club due to his ego. Soyuncu is the microcosm of this much much larger problem. Well said

• Like 3

Atlético Madrid and Wolves will be in contact again to close Felipe deal in the next 24/48 hours. It's crucial moment for the negotiation.

#WWFC No doubts on Atléti next step: Çağlar Söyüncü deal to be anticipated in January, after agreement on free move for June.

This is from Fabrizio Romano

Sorry, I’m clearly a dinosaur and can’t post an image because it’s too large!

It’s a shame about Soyuncu. He was shit hot once Maguire left, his form then dropped and obviously has issues with Rodgers but it is a shame it’s had to end this way. He’ll do good at Athletico I’m sure.

Edited by Buzzell

There's a bit of re-writing of history going on with Soyuncu. 

He was superb in the first half of Rodgers' first full season, but his form began tailing off in the 2nd half of the season culminating in the meltdown vs Bournemouth where he got himself sent off and I think he missed the rest of the season. 

He again had a good few months in the following season, rotating well with Fofana alongside Evans. And they looked great as a 3. 

But again, his form tailed off alarmingly culminating in the disastrous performance vs Spurs. And then it's been more poor performances than good since. 

The point I'm making is he's not been the most reliable, even at his best. It's a mental issue with him - if Simeone can get him right mentally, he's some player. 

Edited by lcfc_forever
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

This whole situation has been managed poorly. We are shorn of resources at CB. So it's remarkable that he hasn't been given an olive branch. Someone has been a top pr©%k here. With it being Soy himself or Bodger's. 

I feel sorry for Soyuncu to be fair. Yes, he's probably been too fiery but imo most of the blame falls at Rodgers feet due to his inability to man manage him.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

There's a bit of re-writing of history going on with Soyuncu. 

He was superb in the first half of Rodgers' first full season, but his form began tailing off in the 2nd half of the season culminating in the meltdown vs Bournemouth where he got himself sent off and I think he missed the rest of the season. 

He again had a good few months in the following season, rotating well with Fofana alongside Evans. And they looked great as a 3. 

But again, his form tailed off alarmingly culminating in the disastrous performance vs Spurs. And then it's been more poor performances than good since. 

The point I'm making is he's not been the most reliable, even at his best. It's a mental issue with him - if Simeone can get him right mentally, he's some player. 

Strangely, his decline in form seemed to occur whenever asked to play on the left of a three. You'd have thought an elite manager would pick up on that.

• Like 1