Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Soyuncu

18 minutes ago, Sly said:

Yes, once he’s gone it’s gone. 

I’m not sure how the signing bonuses work either, so I think if he goes we’ll save the wedge on that we’ll need to pay out. 

If we sell him then he’s due a loyalty bonus of some kind … I assume if he sees out his contract that falls away 

3 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Not if he agrees to wave it. A few % of hardly any transfer fee is not much. 

Yep - but you’d assume that he’s seeing his contract out to get a nice wedge s/o fee. Whatever athleti have to pay us would presumably be lost by him. (Or at least a large proportion of it) 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Yep - but you’d assume that he’s seeing his contract out to get a nice wedge s/o fee. Whatever athleti have to pay us would presumably be lost by him. (Or at least a large proportion of it) 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

The loyalty bonus is the signing on fee. At the start of a contract, it gets agreed. Let’s say for Soy it was £2m. Over the course of 4 seasons, that’s £500k. If he were to leave before the end of Jan, we’ve saved £500k. 

14 minutes ago, Sly said:

The loyalty bonus is the signing on fee. At the start of a contract, it gets agreed. Let’s say for Soy it was £2m. Over the course of 4 seasons, that’s £500k. If he were to leave before the end of Jan, we’ve saved £500k. 

Not sure that’s the case re s/o fee. The loyalty bonus is either paid over the period of the contract or it mounts up as the contract runs and is paid when the player is sold. If a player sees out his contract then it’s rarely paid as the club takes no sale fee. It varies from contract to contract. my expectation would be that if we sell cags then he’ll be due something. It may not be a lot.  

5 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I’m surprise we haven’t. But then I think the Veste/Bertrand deals has burnt the club so badly that the recruitment team have decided any over 30 is a no no.

Will be VERY glad if we've returned to our previous policy. Served us very well in the past.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Surely we need a replacement before he goes. I know he doesn't play much but if Amartey or Faes was out, that would leave us with Vestergaard (if he's not already fcked off). Not sure we can rely on Evans to be fit for a prolonged period. 

19 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Surely we need a replacement before he goes. I know he doesn't play much but if Amartey or Faes was out, that would leave us with Vestergaard (if he's not already fcked off). Not sure we can rely on Evans to be fit for a prolonged period. 

Doubt he would be allowed to go without one lined up

6 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Why would it?

In case we needed him or Vestergaard to leave in order to sign him.

Outgoings before incomings, that was the message from the club in the past, although admittedly they seem to have moved on from this stance during this window with the Tete signing.

Kristiansen would't count towards the squad size as he is under 21.

Edited by stu

2 minutes ago, stu said:

In case we needed him or Vestergaard to leave in order to sign him.

Outgoings before incomings, that was the message from the club in the past, although admittedly they seem to have moved on from this stance during this window with the Tete signing.

Kristiansen would't count towards the squad size as he is under 21.

He's leaving in the summer either way, so I assume they have accounted for this

Edited by Fox 4 Life

Really interesting he came on yesterday, and no Amartey in the squad.

Suggests BR left him out in case Atletico signed him early (and maybe there was an agreement between them?) but given he didn't move in the transfer window, looks like he has a role to play still. 

Having Faes, Soutter, Soy and Evans potentially available for the 2 CB positions looks a lot better. 

Glad he's been integrated back in, hopefully he's professional for the remainder of his stay here. 

14 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Really interesting he came on yesterday, and no Amartey in the squad.

Suggests BR left him out in case Atletico signed him early (and maybe there was an agreement between them?) but given he didn't move in the transfer window, looks like he has a role to play still. 

Having Faes, Soutter, Soy and Evans potentially available for the 2 CB positions looks a lot better. 

Glad he's been integrated back in, hopefully he's professional for the remainder of his stay here. 

Amartey wasn't in the squad due to illness, he would've been coming on ahead of Cags if he was available

• Like 1