Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Soyuncu

6 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

But interesting that “he’s nowhere near the level” for Leicester but is is for Atletico Madrid

No offense but the standard of Atletico Madrid isn't particularly high, they've got the likes of Witsel, Savic, Doherty and Depay playing for them. He's decent enough for them to take a punt on him as a free agent but make no mistake, they wouldn't have been remotely interested in Cags if they had to pay any sort of transfer fee. 

• Like 1

Obviously I know this isn’t going to happen, but…..

In my ideal world, in my head, I’d like him to sign a new contract and stay. Kiss and make up with everyone. It’d be great to have four solid centre back options of Souttar, Faes, Evans and Soyuncu for next season, then we can forget about the centre back position, finally.

I know this won’t happen. Shame he’s off tbh

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I was told Amertey would have started if he wasn't ill, Souttar was gonna be on the bench, which seems mental now after that performance and win.

I believe souttar only trained on Friday because of a hip issue ……

I doubt we wanted to put him through a tough game and the fact he played tells you that cags and faes won’t be trusted together. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LFox99 said:

No offense but the standard of Atletico Madrid isn't particularly high, they've got the likes of Witsel, Savic, Doherty and Depay playing for them. He's decent enough for them to take a punt on him as a free agent but make no mistake, they wouldn't have been remotely interested in Cags if they had to pay any sort of transfer fee. 

Because none of those would get in our team 😳

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, LFox99 said:

You're not telling me with a straight face that even just one of Witsel, Savic, Doherty or Depay would start for us.

I’m telling you that at least one would absolutely start for us. Three of them played pretty much every game for their countries in the last World Cup. 

19 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Obviously I know this isn’t going to happen, but…..

In my ideal world, in my head, I’d like him to sign a new contract and stay. Kiss and make up with everyone. It’d be great to have four solid centre back options of Souttar, Faes, Evans and Soyuncu for next season, then we can forget about the centre back position, finally.

I know this won’t happen. Shame he’s off tbh

I agree. I'd like Rodgers to man up and make a couple of changes I.e. replace Ward for Iverson and Cags for Faes. Cags usually played well as a left sided CB alongside a decent full back (chillwell) at that time. In any case his evil looks alone might make soutter move quicker.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Not sure he will ever rediscover his form that made us and pundits all take real notice of him. Seems way off that, and even looks poor for Turkey.

Undoubtedly, he needs a new club and fresh start though and hope he does well. Shame we won't get anything for him, but frees up wages and a squad place. 

5 hours ago, Tackeberry29 said:

I’m telling you that at least one would absolutely start for us. Three of them played pretty much every game for their countries in the last World Cup. 

That world cup argument of yours is horrendous, just cause Jordan Henderson got picked for the NT you wouldn't wanna have him here. Same goes for Witsel, Depay. They've both dropped off a cliff form wise, the only reason Witsel has any remaining relevance is cause Roberto Martinez is a fraud and picked him over young talents. And don't kid yourself with Doherty, he got dropped by 3 different coaches at Spurs and the reason he even transferred there in the first place was because he got dropped at Wolves 

8 hours ago, LFox99 said:

That world cup argument of yours is horrendous, just cause Jordan Henderson got picked for the NT you wouldn't wanna have him here. Same goes for Witsel, Depay. They've both dropped off a cliff form wise, the only reason Witsel has any remaining relevance is cause Roberto Martinez is a fraud and picked him over young talents. And don't kid yourself with Doherty, he got dropped by 3 different coaches at Spurs and the reason he even transferred there in the first place was because he got dropped at Wolves 

Jordan Henderson gave our NT leadership on the pitch during the World Cup. I’d have him as well as some of the others you mention in a heart beat. This is of course, just my opinion. 

On 05/02/2023 at 13:21, South Shire Fox said:

I imagine hes one of the ‘players that thought they'd of moved to a bigger club by now’ that Rodgers has alluded to

...if his wages really are that low, I would not believe he was in anyway egotistical in his outlook!!!

He appears quite reserved and to a point introverted, I would not associate him with such an attitude. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

Can’t remember who he bounced off the pitch but personally loved it! 

Me neither now but he went in full on, angry and what looked like to play the man not the ball, I’ve tried to find a clip but nothing doing.

I think I said at the same time both go on and effing’ell Cags you dumb ass because although we were 2 up by then it would have been so us to have him sent off and lose 5:4

He needs to sort his head, was a Bournemouth moment.