Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Soyuncu

43 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

a pressureless soyuncu is our best defender.  Soyuncu is leaving at the end of the season so has no pressure. Play soyuncu!!!!

Soyuncu with Evans is pretty blummin good too 

How Armartey is in front of him is totally baffling although lets face it there's a long list 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, Cheese Me said:

Is he definitely gone in the summer?

Any chance of keeping him now Rodgers is gone and he’s back in the team?

I'd doubt it unless given very clear promises from the board that he will be played/captain under a new manager. Only other scenario would be he loves Dean Smith and Dean gets the job. Apart from that we are too much of a risk to sign another contract when he could go get champions league football. 

2 hours ago, Cheese Me said:

Is he definitely gone in the summer?

Any chance of keeping him now Rodgers is gone and he’s back in the team?

signed a pre-contract agreement with Athletico Madrid.

On 22/04/2023 at 17:46, cityfanlee23 said:

I'd doubt it unless given very clear promises from the board that he will be played/captain under a new manager. Only other scenario would be he loves Dean Smith and Dean gets the job. Apart from that we are too much of a risk to sign another contract when he could go get champions league football. 

...it always struck me as strange regarding his rumoured low salary, throughout his time here!!!

Not seeking to get his salary increased,  either strikes me as someone who does not like confrontation or someone who puts value in his happiness over money in the bank.

It surely could not have been a great environment to be in, with the relationship he had with Rodgers, and having to see each other on regular occasions. The fact that whatever it was that caused him to become alienated from the starting list has now gone will be a weight, he no longer has to carry. 

Playing alongside Morgan, Huth and Evans it was not going to be easy to become the person to lead the defence, but I feel that is what he always wanted to do.

Noticeable he was always looking to calm the defence down and seem to frown at the antics of Morgan, diving in to make blocks, as it seemed to me,  for Soyuncu, it was defending via chaos.

Pretty much he seems a person who values friendship and personal contentment over money, and all that comes with it. He strikes me as someone who is eager to please, and it would be no surprise to see him, still at this club next season.

On 22/04/2023 at 20:11, MPH said:

signed a pre-contract agreement with Athletico Madrid.

Do we know this for a fact? And even if it's true, are pre-contract agreements legally binding, or are they just a non-binding agreement on salary , contract length etc?

Edited by ClaphamFox

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

Do we know this for a fact? And even if it's true, are pre-contract agreements legally binding, or are they just a non-binding agreement on salary , contract length etc?

yea it was quoted by a Turkish newspaper as fact.

Give it up. He’s not staying. He’s been wanting to move since the middle of last season.

1 hour ago, MPH said:

yea it was quoted by a Turkish newspaper as fact.

Give it up. He’s not staying. He’s been wanting to move since the middle of last season.

...a pre-contract agreement can be cancelled!!!

An agreement between both clubs and some form of compensation would be involved but it can be cancelled.

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...a pre-contract agreement can be cancelled!!!

An agreement between both clubs and some form of compensation would be involved but it can be cancelled.

you honestly think he’d cancel an agreement with Athletico Madrid to stay at Leicester?

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Not going to help but it depends. If its a genuine underhand pre-contract (which I suspect it is), he's gone and we will have to pay whatever Atleti want us to pay. A bit of compensation to cancel a contract isn't going to work. Atleti will need to play ball and will expect Cags or Leicester to meet the terms of the deal to get out of it. It makes it a transfer deal. Its very likely he has had salary, term, bonuses etc. agreed and the form of contract is annexed to the agreement - the agreement will be subject to condition(s), which is likely to be Cags deal with us expiring on said date. Both parties are bound to sign once Cags deal here expires. I always wondered if teams agree to include a medical/fitness condition - the condition would have to be quite tightly worded but that could possibly fall in as a condition too. 

The alternative is that its a well put together term sheet - marked STC - I dont know why anyone would do that and announce the transfer. If that was in place, then yes, it isnt binding. 

The hope I am hanging onto is that he didnt go in January when it seemed the best interest for both. Hopefully it isnt signed! Also not a lot of news from the Atleti side - I think Fab was going on about it but I cant recall if he confirmed the pre-contract was signed. The downer is that we (LCFC) will not be involved in Cags and Atleti dealing so the news coming out of Turkey that its a done deal is probably coming from the Soyuncu side and that may be fact. 

3 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Not going to help but it depends. If its a genuine underhand pre-contract (which I suspect it is), he's gone and we will have to pay whatever Atleti want us to pay. A bit of compensation to cancel a contract isn't going to work. Atleti will need to play ball and will expect Cags or Leicester to meet the terms of the deal to get out of it. It makes it a transfer deal. Its very likely he has had salary, term, bonuses etc. agreed and the form of contract is annexed to the agreement - the agreement will be subject to condition(s), which is likely to be Cags deal with us expiring on said date. Both parties are bound to sign once Cags deal here expires. I always wondered if teams agree to include a medical/fitness condition - the condition would have to be quite tightly worded but that could possibly fall in as a condition too. 

The alternative is that its a well put together term sheet - marked STC - I dont know why anyone would do that and announce the transfer. If that was in place, then yes, it isnt binding. 

The hope I am hanging onto is that he didnt go in January when it seemed the best interest for both. Hopefully it isnt signed! Also not a lot of news from the Atleti side - I think Fab was going on about it but I cant recall if he confirmed the pre-contract was signed. The downer is that we (LCFC) will not be involved in Cags and Atleti dealing so the news coming out of Turkey that its a done deal is probably coming from the Soyuncu side and that may be fact. 

“VERBAL AGREEMENT” which could suggest it is only a term sheet in place (clutching at straws). 

1B94DB0C-1D7A-4A9B-B534-B259BCA320AC.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

The hope I am hanging onto is that he didnt go in January when it seemed the best interest for both.

Wasn't that due to Atleti not being able to shift Felipe until deadline day, leaving them without time to bid for Cags?

1 hour ago, MPH said:

you honestly think he’d cancel an agreement with Athletico Madrid to stay at Leicester?

....yes, not sure it is about money!!! 

Yes it does seem that Champions League on a regular basis is absurd to pass up, but if I am reading him right, it is not the be all and end all. 

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....yes, not sure it is about money!!! 

Yes it does seem that Champions League on a regular basis is absurd to pass up, but if I am reading him right, it is not the be all and end all. 

The Athletic reporting now aswell..

• Like 1