Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Soyuncu

8 hours ago, Sly said:

If I devalued and asset and basically scrapped it for free, I’d expect to be sacked. 

Not sure who’s head should roll for this. 

The whole senior management team are culpable - All totally blinkered to what was happening under Brendan. 

None of the Brendan BS was actually happening - Improving Players, Developing Youth, A distinct style of play etc etc 

All sat back and let it happen and let it happen for an extended 18 months - Totally shocking - Sack the lot of them  

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Sly said:

If I devalued and asset and basically scrapped it for free, I’d expect to be sacked. 

Not sure who’s head should roll for this. 

Excellent point.  I think Rudkin has a Teflon coating.  The money that this Club has wasted or thrown down the drain is shocking.  This Club needs a major overhaul of Football operations.  Brighton and Brentford put us to shame.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

Excellent point.  I think Rudkin has a Teflon coating.  The money that this Club has wasted or thrown down the drain is shocking.  This Club needs a major overhaul of Football operations.  Brighton and Brentford put us to shame.

Rudkin has Top wrapped round his little finger. He's going nowhere. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SheppyFox said:

He might just sign a new contract, no?

Competing for a starting place in a champions league side (plus a nice signing on bonus), or staying at Leicester where its uncertain who the management is going to be (and whilst the culprit who mistreated Soyuncu has gone, the board who backed that person still remain).

Wages offered will be similar, so unless we go on a 14/15-esque miracle run to end the season, and Smith/Soyuncu become the absolute best of friends, it's hard to see Soyuncu opting to stay. Especially if there's already a verbal agreement/precontract with AM.

• Like 2

Unfortunately I can't see him staying. I wish he could be persuaded, but it seems highly unlikely. 

Evans and Amartey are also out of contract this summer, and the club is desperately trying to offload Vestergaard. So we could very easily have four central defenders leave this summer. I do hope one of the ones we recruit has pace because the prospect of Souttar and Faes being our first choice pairing makes me a little nervous.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Smooch85 said:

Done deal to Madrid just reported by Fabio. Gutted 

The timing is odd. I wonder if Romano is just jumping on the back of a bit of publicity since he's returned to the side. 

Why has a deal suddenly been struck now, after 3 months of quiet? 

He probably does end up going, but I just find the timing questionable. 

Rudkin and Rodgers, the latter especially, have a lot to answer for here. Lost a clearly good player for free. Sadly. 

16 minutes ago, Smooch85 said:

Done deal to Madrid just reported by Fabio. Gutted 

Not surprised he's going, we basically need two or three decent defenders, if we're not fooked this season we certainly will be next without quality defenders!.

15 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Lost a player like this for free. Tielemens next. This club man.

Its embarrasing! and this whole facade about how the club has no money to deflect making signings and putting players on new contracts, and yet being able to sopend £200Milion to wipe debts. I reckon Top is planning to sell the club especially if we go down.

If we go down this summer there's a good chance we lose Barnes, Maddison, Tielemans, Ndidi and Soyuncu for about 70-80m.

Two years ago that quintet would be worth about 250-300m.

Absolutely mental how badly we have been ran in the last 18-24 months.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

If we go down this summer there's a good chance we lose Barnes, Maddison, Tielemans, Ndidi and Soyuncu for about 70-80m.

Two years ago that quintet would be worth about 250-300m.

Absolutely mental how badly we have been ran in the last 18-24 months.

I agree with you but is there any evidence we had good bids for any of them players? Can't force players to sign new contracts, and it seems players are fine with running contracts down. 

20 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I agree with you but is there any evidence we had good bids for any of them players? Can't force players to sign new contracts, and it seems players are fine with running contracts down. 

While it's true you can't exactly force them to, there are things that can be done.

Someone on here posted, and as I recall from memory, A player wouldn't sign a new contract ( Italian club?) and he had two years remaining so the chairman told him you either sign or find another club, we only want players here who are committed. He didn't want to sign so he was told that he'd better get his agent to find another club and deal. I think he went to PSG for a decent amount and the club were able to use that to replace him.

If anyone remembers perhaps they could provide better details.

35 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Does this happen at other clubs or is it just the Brendan Rodgers effect?

40 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I'm not saying that. I just think that's a conservative estimate based on their performances at the time, their contract lengths and their ages.

8 hours ago, Simoken said:

Its embarrasing! and this whole facade about how the club has no money to deflect making signings and putting players on new contracts, and yet being able to sopend £200Milion to wipe debts. I reckon Top is planning to sell the club especially if we go down.

...all on paper, this is a KP write-off!!!

18 hours ago, messerschmitt said:

While it's true you can't exactly force them to, there are things that can be done.

Someone on here posted, and as I recall from memory, A player wouldn't sign a new contract ( Italian club?) and he had two years remaining so the chairman told him you either sign or find another club, we only want players here who are committed. He didn't want to sign so he was told that he'd better get his agent to find another club and deal. I think he went to PSG for a decent amount and the club were able to use that to replace him.

If anyone remembers perhaps they could provide better details.

This isn't a ground-breaking thing to do and I imagine we have done this with a number of this current squad, it still doesn't mean players will definitely leave.

On 27/04/2023 at 15:54, Simoken said:

They already spent the 200Million, they merely converted it from debt to equity.

• Like 1