Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reginaldo

Leicester players spotted

I have been known to sort insurances for our players including one icon who remains at the club. I always place insurances for one of our current player’s cousins who is a broker. I’ve also looked at our own club’s insurances a few times. 

Insured Ian Holloway’s son’s tattoo parlour. Wasn’t on it when he got tied up and it got burnt down but I wasn’t fair off. Spoke to Ian a few times. From memory he had just relegated us. I didn’t mention it. 

Upset Peter Canero at a player of the year do by asking if he goes to many games or something like that. He had to explain he was Peter Canero. The lads thought it was hilarious which I suppose you would. Went drinking with a few of the guys after that event most of the years I went. They were generally nobs. Levi Porter, Jordan Stewart and Ian Walker stick in the mind as wallies. Steve Guppy extremely quiet. Steffan Freund hugely delighted about just existing. Also got a surprising distance with Les Ferdinand’s player of the year trophy before being asked if I’d mind giving it back when outside the stadium. 

Have met and had a few decent chats with Tony Cottee who has some excellent stories about his time at our club and is a gentleman. 

Same with Paul Konchesky although he’s a lot less interesting, intelligent and not so much of a gentleman. Never meet your heroes guys !!! 

Met loads of our current players and ex players ( you’ll know the mob I mean I’m sure ) at horse racing. The unlimited booze area bits. The current ones had loads of security/ minders and kept themselves to themselves. The older players got absolutely blind drunk and were having a wonderful time. No woman in there was safe to be honest. It does seem though that most young ladies maybe don’t know who 45+ year old ex lcfc players are. 

Similarly I met Leon Osman at a similar event who was brilliant and stayed after his mates went and drank then danced with us. That was actually a really good day. I had been sick that day and was ‘comforted’ by Alan Pardew who had the worst clothes on I’ve ever seen. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of this velvet / suede get up needed a bit of a dry clean after that as he got a bit too involved. It was about 35 degrees that day as well. I don’t know what he was thinking. Alan Pardew is NOT a fan of Brendan Rodgers. My mate is a Newcastle fan but pretended to be an Everton fan and I think leon Osman and he even stayed in touch for a bit. 

I’m still sticking with Phil gee’s brother as my lead story though. Owns or runs a shop somewhere near some overpriced and shit holiday house or resort I stayed at in the UK. I’m going to say the new forest but could easily be Devon or Cornwall. It would be good if he could post on here to clarify. 

I cringe at pretty much all of these. Thank god I have no energy any more. I could do a longer thread about county cricketers past and present but I think I need a lie down and to have a proper think about that first. Leicestershire wise I have an almost unbelievable one. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Have been on the bevvies with Izzet and Tags, both great guys. Elliott was also there but I’d probably end up with a law suit if I said what was happening. 

Similar:

Had a beer with Walsh and Muzzy on separate occasions.

Got a lift home from Lennon after the Leeds away after being in the players lounge at Elland Road.

Old man used to live next door to Jamie Lawrence in Leeds while he was playing for Leicester which was a bit random. 

11 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I have been known to sort insurances for our players including one icon who remains at the club. I always place insurances for one of our current player’s cousins who is a broker. I’ve also looked at our own club’s insurances a few times. 

Insured Ian Holloway’s son’s tattoo parlour. Wasn’t on it when he got tied up and it got burnt down but I wasn’t fair off. Spoke to Ian a few times. From memory he had just relegated us. I didn’t mention it. 

Upset Peter Canero at a player of the year do by asking if he goes to many games or something like that. He had to explain he was Peter Canero. The lads thought it was hilarious which I suppose you would. Went drinking with a few of the guys after that event most of the years I went. They were generally nobs. Levi Porter, Jordan Stewart and Ian Walker stick in the mind as wallies. Steve Guppy extremely quiet. Steffan Freund hugely delighted about just existing. Also got a surprising distance with Les Ferdinand’s player of the year trophy before being asked if I’d mind giving it back when outside the stadium. 

Have met and had a few decent chats with Tony Cottee who has some excellent stories about his time at our club and is a gentleman. 

Same with Paul Konchesky although he’s a lot less interesting, intelligent and not so much of a gentleman. Never meet your heroes guys !!! 

Met loads of our current players and ex players ( you’ll know the mob I mean I’m sure ) at horse racing. The unlimited booze area bits. The current ones had loads of security/ minders and kept themselves to themselves. The older players got absolutely blind drunk and were having a wonderful time. No woman in there was safe to be honest. It does seem though that most young ladies maybe don’t know who 45+ year old ex lcfc players are. 

Similarly I met Leon Osman at a similar event who was brilliant and stayed after his mates went and drank then danced with us. That was actually a really good day. I had been sick that day and was ‘comforted’ by Alan Pardew who had the worst clothes on I’ve ever seen. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of this velvet / suede get up needed a bit of a dry clean after that as he got a bit too involved. It was about 35 degrees that day as well. I don’t know what he was thinking. Alan Pardew is NOT a fan of Brendan Rodgers. My mate is a Newcastle fan but pretended to be an Everton fan and I think leon Osman and he even stayed in touch for a bit. 

I’m still sticking with Phil gee’s brother as my lead story though. Owns or runs a shop somewhere near some overpriced and shit holiday house or resort I stayed at in the UK. I’m going to say the new forest but could easily be Devon or Cornwall. It would be good if he could post on here to clarify. 

I cringe at pretty much all of these. Thank god I have no energy any more. I could do a longer thread about county cricketers past and present but I think I need a lie down and to have a proper think about that first. Leicestershire wise I have an almost unbelievable one

I’ll be patiently waiting in the Leicestershire ccc thread. 

• Like 1

Nothing interesting apart from meeting O'Neil & Muzzy in a Madrid restaurant after Atletico away. Really sound people.

Coming back from Thessaloniki airport on Monday I did a double take in the passport queue seeing Nuge standing right in front of me with his family. He was also at the other end in Manchester stood about a metre away from the baggage belts & had to do some weird manoeuvre to avoid being hit in the bollocks by an old guy collecting his suitcase right in front of him.

Edited by Basingstoke Fox

On 20/07/2023 at 19:24, nathan. said:

Seen Iversen coming out of Morrisons daily today.

In Coalville of all places.

I think he lives in Hugglescote. Pretty sure I’ve seen him off Grange Road. The barbers have also posted about him GK having a haircut near that Morrisons local as well. 

Guest nathan.
4 minutes ago, Sly said:

I think he lives in Hugglescote. Pretty sure I’ve seen him off Grange Road. The barbers have also posted about him GK having a haircut near that Morrisons local as well. 

Wouldn't surprise me as they are building plenty of nice houses around Hugglescote 

32 minutes ago, LaCiudad said:

Ex, but I chatted to Ayoze Perez in Chesterfield yesterday. Nice guy.

Somewhere in Chesterfield there's a Spanish barman telling his co-workers about this weirdo he met over the weekend, "kept calling me Azeez or something – I just nodded and smiled politely and tried to get away as quickly as I could."

5 minutes ago, HitchinFox said:

Somewhere in Chesterfield there's a Spanish barman telling his co-workers about this weirdo he met over the weekend, "kept calling me Azeez or something – I just nodded and smiled politely and tried to get away as quickly as I could."

🤣 Have a look where Betis were playing Middlesbrough

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, LaCiudad said:

🤣 Have a look where Betis were playing Middlesbrough

I know mate. Just pulling your leg. I did check, however, whether Betis were in England for a game after reading your original. It was just the prospect of someone like Mr Perez just randomly appearing in Chesterfield that made me chuckle. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, HitchinFox said:

I know mate. Just pulling your leg. I did check, however, whether Betis were in England for a game after reading your original. It was just the prospect of someone like Mr Perez just randomly appearing in Chesterfield that made me chuckle. 

Jeez been sat here with my autograph book ffs. Back down the m1 then.

• Haha 1