Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reginaldo

Leicester players spotted

On 22/03/2022 at 12:58, fazzyfox said:

I was outside Branigans, the Leicester branch of the Mos Eisley Cantina, at crawling out time on a Sunday morning when I noticed Emile Heskey, by then of Liverpool, chatting with some guys a few yards away. Then an old family friend came out of the club and as usual we greeted and hugged but a lad with her took exception, thought I was just some random bloke stepping on his toes, so he squares up to me, whack in the ribs and I'm out of it on the floor in agony. Heskey had looked concerned and now he asks "Are you alright?" I grimace and say "yeah I'll be OK", thinking "I'm laying on the pavement in agony being checked on by Emile Heskey....what have I been drinking tonight!!"

Down at Charles Street the police ask "Were there any other witnesses?" I hesitate "....yeah....er...no, don't think so". One phone call from someone and it would be "England Star In Night Club Brawl" by the time the tabloids got hold of it. He came across as genuinely sincere and worried for me and would have been in trouble with Liverpool if they knew he'd been mingling in the City Centre at that hour so I'm glad I didn't drop him in "it" not that he'd done anything more than hang out with mates. Until now that is, but I think it'd be pretty old news to be honest.

Seen John Gregory at the Wednesday grab a granny night at Branigans .Circa 93/94 it was 50p a pint 😲

Randomly a load of Lads in New Zealand Rugby suits . Turned out the 16s played at the tigers that night .

How they all got in I don't know . But to be fair they were massive and all looked about 25 .🤣

On 16/03/2022 at 10:49, Scanchez said:

Saw Jimmy Willis at Glastonbury 2002.

He was watching Orbital and gurning his tits off.

I gave him a high five and then he whispered in to my ear 'Are you my Daddy?'

At that point I walked off. He seemed like he was capable of all sorts. Made me very uncomfortable.

When we beat Liverpool 2-0 at their gaff back in 2000, we got a taxi from our hotel to Anfield. Jimmy Willis was the driver. 

• Like 1

Not lived in Leicester for years, but some from back in the day…

- followed Callum Davidson around The Shires as a kid. He was pushing a pram, and eventually met back up with his wife who moaned at him for not meeting where they were supposed to

- saw James Scowcroft filling up his car at a garage just outside Oadby. Big Range Rover type

- nodded at Jordan Stewart on Loseby Lane, after he came out of the sandwich shop (Croques?)

Robbie Savage and Neil Lennon opening the Brantano in Thurmaston (must have been late 90s). A glamour pull for the sturdy shoe shop.

Around the same time I saw Gary McAllister at Little Chef in Markfield (RIP), he clocked our football shirts as he was walking in with his lad. Wanted his autograph but was too shy, so a waitress went and got it for us on Little Chef branded bill paper.

On 23/03/2022 at 10:53, Jobyfox said:

Gary McAllister in Coalville McDonalds 

Julian Joachim playing pool in the Coach and Horses, Markfield

I urinated next to John Elsom (former chairman) in corporate hospitality at Manchester United 

Jeff Schlupp, Adrien Silva and Nampalys Mendy in the outside food area at Highcross

Andy King walking through the Highcross shopping centre 

Matt Elliott at Bradgate Park 

Robbie Savage standing next to his Farrari on London Road

Hmmm ….. can’t think of any more off the top of my head

(Unless Gary Newbon outside Molineux counts?) 

I like the fact you explained John Elsom lol

• Like 1

On 16/03/2022 at 10:52, Scanchez said:

I should add that years later I found out that Jimmy Wallis wasn't there at all and it was actually me who was gurning.

Turns out I was actually talking to a bin.

Still, great memories.

I wish him well.

So random....Genuinely made me smile....quality!  :D

• Like 1

21 hours ago, tickler28 said:

Met Darren Eadie at Exeter Airport once and Lee Marshall in a bar in Ayia Napa....told me Dave Bassett was a c*** 😁😁😁

Hope you told Lee Marshall he was fecking crap. One of the worst Leicester players we’ve ever had and that includes in the years from Championship falling into League 1.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Hope you told Lee Marshall he was fecking crap. One of the worst Leicester players we’ve ever had and that includes in the years from Championship falling into League 1.

100% agree.....Just remembered I also met Ian Marshall as well at the Holiday Inn Express KP after the 2-2 draw with West Brom in 2016

22 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

When I was 13, played second half in goal in a friendly at the King Power organised by football CV, a couple weeks after we won the league with my dad and his mates vs an all Leicester supporters team, I kept a clean sheet and made a few decent saves.. Steve Walsh was managing the other team and said "well played, you got great hands kid" and shook my hand - I was convinced I was gonna make it pro at that point lolGreat memory even if it gave me a false hope of a pro footy career haha. 

Had about 5 mates play for football CV, when was that if you don't mind me asking. 

8 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

It was middle of May 2016 mate, I think it was on one of their trial days. 

Yeah had a few mates play in that game I think who were at CV at the time, they said the groundsmen left the pitch in a bit of a state and wasn't quite the carpet we see usually aha. 

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

Did they play in the friendly with Walshy as manager or one of the trial games? Yeah the pitch wasn't great, didn't help having about 5 games in one day on it haha. Still a great experience tho! :)

Yeah possibly, I remember him coming down a few games when I play for Stamford Daniels funnily enough, Hopefully I get the chance one day to play on the hallowed turf 

8 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I remember him miscontrolling a ball then falling over allowing an opponent to score.

God we had some grim footballers in the early to mid noughties. 

Guest David Oldfields Gate
10 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Just out for a night in Harrogate and Colchester Utd are at our hotel. Anyone remember this guy? On the left that is.

IMG-20220401-WA0003.jpg

Is it Wayne Brown? Looks fitter now than when he played!

Not myself but my son installs gym kit for his job and during Covid there was a lot of stuff going in to private homes.In one week he did installs for five prem players Salah,Zinchenko.Wan Bissaka  and a couple of others round the north east. They rarely know before they arrive on site so its a bit of a shock when the front door opens but generally the punters are very pleasant food and drink and a good tip ,Some of the F1 guys and a couple of yer Russian oligark types country estates

• Like 1