Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reginaldo

Leicester players spotted

• 9 months later...
On 13/03/2022 at 11:22, tom27111 said:

Circa 1998, pulling in to the car park of The Craddock, I nearly ran over Matt Elliott, Gerry Taggart and Frank Sinclair.

Circa 2014, I was going in to Zizzi in town, but they were closed and they had a sign in the door saying it was due to gas problems. I turned around and behind me was David Nugent and his Mrs, I said "closed mate, something to do with the gas" He replied "oh, thanks mate"

I went to the Chinese in Highcross and later tweeted Nuge to see where he ended up. His reply..."Cheeky Nandos"

Craddock was my local for years, elliot & walsh were regulars , had a little cards school going on , Sunday afternoons normally with Pete Welsh, right piss heads they were lol 

I met Richard Stearman in a toilet………………. Ok, so he was on holiday in Tenerife at the same hotel as me and the good lady. I went to the loo near the pool we were sunbathing at and Richard was just coming back out of the said loo. Stopped and had a chat for a while before the urge to go became so painful that I said cheers for the chat and rushed in to the toilet. Saw him a few times and he always spoke, nice guy

Edited by Solihullfox

13 hours ago, VintageFox73 said:

I used to live round the corner from Gary Lineker in the early 80s , South Knighton,  and every other Sunday me and my mate used to knock for him and wed go up to Knighton Park for a kick about, i was only about 9 or 10. Such a top bloke. About 20 years ago i used to work at " The Walkers " as it was then and there was one of those legends nights, Lineker ,Shilton, Gary Mac, Frankie Wortho, Banks , Smith and a few others . I got to speak to Gary that night and low n behold he still remembered , The memories !

Then when Savage signed for us in 97ish he was always in the shires where i did security at the time and got to know him really well, he was a right laugh although very Vain. Just before the Worthington Cup Final against the spuds i bumped into in WHSMITHS reading his own interview in one of the cup final special editions, totally ripped him for that ! . Always had time for a chat. His Mrs used to work in French connection on the high street, not long after he signed his £30k a week deal, he collared  me on the carpark asking if i could let his Mrs out of the car park and he would  slip me a tenner a week the cheeky bastard lol .... I reminded him of his new contract and his Lambo hed just treated himself to and he was like " oh yeah " and promptly offered me an extra fiver a week ffs, he was pissing himself. When his book came out a few years ago , he did a signing session in Waterstones, i went in he saw me and said " ****ing hell you still here, sort my parking please " lollol ....Then he gave me a signed copy on the house, think he was playing for Derby at the time and he said he was nits Knacker away from re joining us instead before it all fell through last minute , he was gutted as the loved the club !

Loved every second of reading this. Unreal lol 

• Like 2

I once played football against Len Glover … he played for a Market Harborough side called Tungsten … I was hmm 20ish he would have been 40-45 … he gave me the absolute runaround …. Didn’t get to swap shirts at the end tho …. 1-0 to them you can guess the scorer 

• Like 1