Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reginaldo

Leicester players spotted

met Liam Moore in thurmo sainsburys once , shopping with his mum 

met nugent in highcross , didn’t really think it was him , had to ask him if he was David nugent 😂

met fuchs too in highcross told him I was coming to our next game , t*at said me too I go every game , 11 year old me hated him for a few games 

met will Alves in fan club few months ago too 😂

I've met lots of players over the years in random places. Gary McAllister back around 1990 near the Clock Tower. Joachim, Heskey, Savage & Izzet on nights out in town, back in the 90s. All nice guys, even Savage. Of the current squad I met Maddison, a few years back, getting out his Range Rover. Again a very nice guy and we had a few mins chat about football and cars. Okazaki in O'Neils, but my favourite has to be Gazza. He's exactly what you'd expect, full of jokes.

55 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

I met Neil Lennon down Leicester’s Gaelic Football club. Really down to earth guy. Have always liked him. 

Older fans will remember Jim Melrose. He used to live on the same street as me. Pits Avenue in Braunstone. The money in the game wasn’t the same back then!

What was Jim like?  How much money do you think he was on at Leicester? what sort of house and car did he have at that time?

2 hours ago, melrose said:

After worshiping Lineker for many seasonsin my late teens/early20's I found myself next to him at the urinal at the end of season awards do at the LAOB club in 1985

He was hard work to engage with, I made an effort to be laid back, I got the impression that he couldn't wait to get away from me!

He hasn't changed my opinion of him being a w*nker since, at Madrid in 2017 we were in the box next to him and he wouldn't come out to say hello after the game!

Obviously I wasn’t there but surely Gary deserves a little bit of slack for the first encounter based on the setting. lol

• Haha 3

I’ve been lucky enough to spend a bit of time with a bunch of current and former players and most of them are pretty decent guys.

I did see Conrad Logan at the McDonald’s on Market Street with a table full of food after a night out, it was a glorious and fitting sight. We exchanged quick nods of acknowledgement and I left him to enjoy his bounteous feast in peace (although I can’t imagine that McDonald’s stays peaceful for very long at that hour).

6 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Bury away in the league cup a few years ago and Kasper was sat near me and my nephew. As he walked past us (we both had leicester tops on) my nephew just said "alright kasper". He looked at us and then walked past us with no words and not even a smile. Met Kevin Phillips once and he was a really nice guy and had a picture taken with him. 

Damien Delaney when he'd just come through our youth team was at friendly at scunthorpe, and 12 year old me asked him for an autograph and he refused. I was fuming as I was like, he's not even a 1st team player yet and he should be happy someone is asking for his autograph. Ever since then I've disliked him and to be honest, he's had a better career than his actual ability as I always thought he was crap. 

Went to school with Kevin Phillips’ daughter and she put chewing gum in my hair on a flight to New York. Maybe the niceness doesn’t run in the family :dunno:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, sm1 said:

I've met lots of players over the years in random places. Gary McAllister back around 1990 near the Clock Tower. Joachim, Heskey, Savage & Izzet on nights out in town, back in the 90s. All nice guys, even Savage. Of the current squad I met Maddison, a few years back, getting out his Range Rover. Again a very nice guy and we had a few mins chat about football and cars. Okazaki in O'Neils, but my favourite has to be Gazza. He's exactly what you'd expect, full of jokes.

I saw Gary Mac hanging around at the clock tower too Just stood there. Looking amazingly cool to a kid, tho unapproachable - as cool.peoole do. I assumed he'd been Burton's. (Oh how times have changed)

I used to bump into Lennon and Muzz all the time in town on nights out. Sav occasionally - and agree, he was a gentle, polite nice guy. 

Walsh I met on a night out and was a bit of a knob after a drink, but I met him to do with his football business 5 or 6 years back and he was lovely. The edge goes I think when they retire

9 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Not unusual for a scandi..

I got.pelters on here once for daring to suggest scandis can be extremely rude.  

I've encountered scandis frequently on holidays and more often than not  find them  arrogant,.selfish, inconsiderate and over confident 

Add to that I recall a story by Peter Schmeichel gleefully recanting how he belittled.and.humiliated a guy in a.manchester restaurant who'd misguidedly suggested Peter was a better keeper than Kasper. The fan's nervous manners might have been a bit off kilter but Schmeichel's relish in humiliating the guy was cruel 

That reminds me last year I was at an industry event at the 02 Intercontinental and when a few of us were in the lift Peter Schmeichel was there. We obviously recognised him so said hello Peter and he said nothing and just gave us a disgusted look. When the lift stopped he walked out shaking his head. Extremely rude and odd behaviour.

Most engaging and fun people I have met have been Pearson and Matty Fryatt. The Matty Fryatt incident was extraordinary, might post it later if I can be bothered. 

Used to see Robbie Savage at the Black Boy in Hungarton, remember him popping home and giving his match worn shirt to a kid in the pub, nice bloke. Muzzy Izzett and Steve Walsh are regulars at the local golf club, Ian Marshall occasionally. Matt Elliott pissed out his head at Bruxelles. Franck Moussa in Waterstones 😂

Edited by South Shire Fox

10 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

I went to that Walkers Stadium open day as a kid. Chased Matt Elliott for his autograph and he was a lovely bloke. 

I found that autograph book the other day and I'd put John Elsom down as "fat man" because I had no idea who he was as a 9 year old.

Properly laughed out loud at this. lol

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

I found that autograph book the other day and I'd put John Elsom down as "fat man" because I had no idea who he was as a 9 year old.

Before my time as a regular, so had to Google a photo .

This is the first photo that came up. Hope it brings back lots of good memories. :whistle:

Peter Taylor, Dennis Wise and Chairman John Elsom of Leicester City after the press conference called to anounce his transfer, pictured at the Filbert St ground, Leicester on June 25, 2001

• Sad 4

Actually have more than I thought. 
Paul Dickov used to stay at the hotel I worked at when he played for us (presumably just after he signed before finding a house).

Matt Elliot used to be a regular midweek visitor to another pub I worked in, lovely chap.

Queued behind Martin Waghorn in a Walmart in Florida in 2019 (probably the most random one!)

Often see Conrad and Nugent at my daughters football training (Conrad plays for said club).

Savage asked if he could jump in front of me in the queue at a petrol station in LFE once (about 20 years ago).

Met Walshy once through a connected friend (her best mate is Walshy’s other half) and we all ended up on a night out down Brauny Gate. Very random night that one!

4 hours ago, Unabomber said:

That reminds me last year I was at an industry event at the 02 Intercontinental and when a few of us were in the lift Peter Schmeichel was there. We obviously recognised him so said hello Peter and he said nothing and just gave us a disgusted look. When the lift stopped he walked out shaking his head. Extremely rude and odd behaviour.

Had almost identical experience when I found myself standing next to Peter Schmeichel in the queue at HMV in Terminal 3 at Heathrow 20 odd years ago.

I had simply said hello and asked him if he was well. He just glared at me, said nothing and completely ignored me before just walking away shaking his 

I was thinking of asking for his autograph but, after he decided to blank me, I decided not to bother.

18 minutes ago, Nickaj said:

Had almost identical experience when I found myself standing next to Peter Schmeichel in the queue at HMV in Terminal 3 at Heathrow 20 odd years ago.

I had simply said hello and asked him if he was well. He just glared at me, said nothing and completely ignored me before just walking away shaking his 

I was thinking of asking for his autograph but, after he decided to blank me, I decided not to bother.

Yeah he seems an absolute ****. Can’t stand people who think they are above people just because of their job.

• Like 1