Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reginaldo

Leicester players spotted

9 hours ago, IsItMuzzy said:

I met Danny Simpson coming through security at Copenhagen airport in summer 2017.

I also used to live in the same village as Geoff Horsfield when he played for Leicester. When I was a kid I put a note through his letterbox explaining how I was a huge Leicester fan etc. and he delivered a match worn signed shirt to my house. Absolute hero. 

Met Horsfield a few times post football career, he’s got to be one of the nice blokes I’ve met. What he’s done in recent years is highly commendable. Mentioned to him I supported Leicester and his answer was ‘you must think I’m f**king sh*t’

Anyone what played Sunday morning football in Leics about fifteen to ten years ago had Levi Porter watching you play with a can of Carling in his hand. 

• Like 1

Met Matt Piper when I went on the football forum, he's an absolute sweetheart 👍

"Met" the entire 98/99 squad when they were at filbert Street for the team photo and I was having a swanky lunch there that my grandma and grandad had bought me for my 18th birthday. And by "met" I mean embarrassingly trot passed them all (Heskey smiled as he let me past on the stairs) and run to the car (I was a very shy girl). My grandad though stayed and chatted to them, he says they were all lovely and they would have had a photo with us... One of the many things I regret in life is not having that photo 😢

Edited by AmyLGK

Few comments on here about the Schmeichels, so for a bit of balance a friend of mine worked at a hotel in Belfast when she was younger and she had to look after Peter Schmeichels room. Apparently he was nice and gave her a pair of his goalie gloves as he left. So seems he can be a decent human - unlike her boss at the hotel who upon hearing about the gloves insisted she gave them to her :mad:

• Sad 2

18 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Met Horsfield a few times post football career, he’s got to be one of the nice blokes I’ve met. What he’s done in recent years is highly commendable. Mentioned to him I supported Leicester and his answer was ‘you must think I’m f**king sh*t’

Anyone what played Sunday morning football in Leics about fifteen to ten years ago had Levi Porter watching you play with a can of Carling in his hand. 

Played against him a few times 

17 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Seems, madders, kdh and Thomas have been on the beers today down the grosvenor (syston) and attempting to play a bit of snooker. 

Mates best comment was. They could do with a meal lol

On a Thursday before a Saturday game….seems a bit close to me :o

Seen Hobbs and Nugent at the Meridian, but didn’t bother them.

Can see why some footballers don’t engage with people when out and about - they’re not your mate and people can come across as nutters at times. No excuse for downright rudeness though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/02/2023 at 14:53, Stevosevic said:

On a Thursday before a Saturday game….seems a bit close to me :o

Kdh, madders, luke and Harvey all there again Friday afternoon with a Sunday game, so clearly they are allowed out 48 before a game. Although this time at least luke and Harvey were driving as they registered their plates to avoid the car park fines lol

On 10/02/2023 at 00:42, adejo92 said:

Saw Maddison walking out of the Shell petrol station on Narborough Road at about 2am. Came across as a bit timid but smiled and acknowledged me which was nice.

See Nacho driving around town quite a lot, window down & head nodding to R&B.

Saw Fuchs in Peters Pizzas, absolutely lovely bloke.

Remember seing Andy King in the concourse smashing a burger just before he broke into the first team.

Used to see Dickov in the chip shop, think he lived Newtown Linford way.

Best one, not from me, was someone my dad knew who had Ndidi view the house when he joined. They said "Do you mind taking your shoes off" to which he replied "yes" and walked upstairs on the carpet.

Met Fuchs at the old training ground when I went to Birch. Have to say one of the nicest people I have ever met

• Like 1

• 4 months later...