Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Arsenal 2-0 LCFC - Post Match Thread

15 minutes ago, jerry said:

Better team won - end of. We are what we appear a mid table team when we have half a dozen of our better players missing

Fixed it for you.

Just now, Smashing-Pumpkin said:

Lets forget the fact that by the time the ball was struck, Schmeichel was about a yard off his line.

I'm not forgetting it's there in a picture. But in that situation is it a case of 2 wrongs make a right? If Kasper had saved it rightly it would have be retaken 

• Like 2

I’d take that as long as we qualify on Thursday. Play half the second team in all of the prem games, at least until we go out of Europe anyway. 

I know we don’t go football for the wins but I’ve been to every away game bar Burnley and I’ve not seen us win since Brentford I don’t think, 5 months ago? Horrendous. 

1 hour ago, Nod.E said:

I just think a lot of keepers would have been rooted to the spot. I think a lot of very good saves get underappreciated by fans, and I'm probably guilty of that as well. 

I was right behind that save today and it happened in a flash. The replay makes it look much more straightforward.

I always remember making a save when I was playing North West counties that I couldn't wait to see back on video. Felt like one the best saves I'd ever made. Was very underwhelmed by the footage! lol

I've been there buddy lol

The worst is when you make a save you thinks amazing and you spring up to celebrate it and nobody reacts lol

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I’d take that as long as we qualify on Thursday. Play half the second team in all of the prem games, at least until we go out of Europe anyway. 

I know we don’t go football for the wins but I’ve been to every away game bar Burnley and I’ve not seen us win since Brentford I don’t think, 5 months ago? Horrendous. 

How many Prem away wins do we have this season? i can only recall Norwich, Brentford & Burnley 

1 hour ago, Corky said:

Tyler's a fan of and been a coach at a non-league club. He should know better.

Thats the baffling thing for me but ultimately he’s only going to push his employer’s products. 

I have never seen one of his teams but apparently he’s an utter foul mouth arsehole in the dugout 

2 hours ago, don_danbury said:

very unprofessional of tyler but it is true.

It’s really not true. Financially 8th to 13th is the same financial reward as winning the Conference League. 

We could have flogged more players today, still lost 2-0 and been in a poorer state before Thursday. 

23 minutes ago, Chloe_77 said:

How many Prem away wins do we have this season? i can only recall Norwich, Brentford & Burnley 

Just those 3, been terrible away from home this year. United away up next, gulp! I’d like to think we can beat 2 of Chelsea, Newcastle, Everton & Watford, but not if we play like today and if we’re concentrating on Europa we might be lucky to win just 1 of them. 

32 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

We've 1 win and 2 draws since Brentford away from home. It's breathtaking.

2 hours ago, Nod.E said:

Positives:

- Not a game we expect to win away from home against them in such good form

- Looked decent in possession at times. Managed the ball under pressure quite well

- Looked more solid at the back again. Another very good performance from Amartey

- Looked very good for 15 minutes before half time and but for a world class save and a last ditch tackle, it would have been a very different game

Negatives:

- We're too easy to close a game out against. Arsenal cruised to victory in the end

- N'didi for Mendy and Justin for Pereira was a very strange reaction to going two down. Like for like changes isn't going to swing a fixture or change the impetus when it's needed

- Kelechi as the lone striker does not work. Why we keep trying it is beyond me

- Another set piece goal. Totally free header

World class save? Nod.E, if I'm correct and I think I know who you are in real life then surely you know better? That isn't a world class save. The save was massively exaggerated as we're his ones earlier in the season at our place. 

Today, that's the bare minimum you expect from a keeper. The ones at our place and especially the freekick.. if he had better positioning he'd have caught it into his hands. 

2 hours ago, don_danbury said:

very unprofessional of tyler but it is true.

Tyler probably doesn't even know that winning the ECL could get us an EL slot for next season. If he did then it's fairly obvious why we are prioritising it over trying to finish 10th, rather than 13th, in the PL.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Parafox said:

Jeez. To all the naysayer's on here... given what's coming up on Thursday, what EXACTLY were you expecting? OK we lost but we didn't get thrashed, as some were expecting. We played some decent football after 20 mins and we may have some decisions incorrectly made against us.

The posters slagging us off for being toothless, having no idea, no plan, players not performing or being lazy. You're just wrong. BR had to keep key players safe from injury or being tired out. 

So why not play Choudhury? Perez? Why not leave Mendy on and give NDidi the afternoon off? Or play Brunt? Why play Albrighton? If the aim was to rest key players why not do it properly? 

• Like 1