Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Arsenal 2-0 LCFC - Post Match Thread

Arsenal and Arteta are coming good now, so it was a big ask to expect anything of City - given the cobbled-together defence, the absence of Wilf  and Youri Tielemans, and Saka's current performance level (which Barnes is easily emulating). 

I wasn't disappointed, except by Iheanacho's inability to hold the ball up. Some mornings, after a loss, you wake up and inwardly moan, but I expected little of the game. The ratings vote reflected the expectations - not the performance. No one warranted much less than a 6 - bar Daka and Nacho.

KDH deserves 7 and up consistently since he got his first-pick status. Barnes offers a consistent threat - just came up against a in-form defence.

Their penalty was highly dubious - if the VAR official can't decide, with all the technical assistance in front of him, then how should the ref. , looking at a poxy little screen, be given the final say on it? If they can't decide after two minutes then it's 'not proven' and play should continue. Were they pandering to the home team?

If they come up short against Randers then I will be disappointed. 

On 13/03/2022 at 18:28, Tazfox said:

Toothless,

Soyuncu is an absolute moron. 

Love the way he thinks he is Bobby Moore as he boots those long passes out to Barnes on the wing,  of which 99% go out of play on the half way line. He must get coaching from Kasper.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Oldblueyes said:

Love the way he thinks he is Bobby Moore as he boots those long passes out to Barnes on the wing,  of which 99% go out of play on the half way line. He must get coaching from Kasper.

But he doesn't get told to stop it by the coaches, does he, and it gets the ball out of the Chuckle brother's 'to me, to you' routine at the back?

A team with fast runners up front can make the best of long, flat balls from the back. 

Btw, he probably has never heard of Bobby Moore or, for that matter, Howard Kendall. Possibly Glenn Hoddle, but as a dour summariser rather than an elegant passer of the ball.

Arsenal may get found out tonight. One thing is for sure; VAR will side with Liverpool, so that assistance will not be available to them.  The EPL want the title race to continue.

On Sunday, how many VAR checks took place checking Leicester as opposed to checking Arsenal issues?

27 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Arsenal may get found out tonight. One thing is for sure; VAR will side with Liverpool, so that assistance will not be available to them.  The EPL want the title race to continue.

On Sunday, how many VAR checks took place checking Leicester as opposed to checking Arsenal issues?

To clarify - var is checking everything it has the authority to be involved in - it’s ongoing as the game progresses. 

90% of the time it doesn’t get involved by asking the ref to halt play because it judges that it doesn’t need to.  And occasionally you will see the ref asking the players to hang on a few seconds with a throw or a goal kick whilst he waits for the var to let him know it has no issues with what it was checking. 

what particular incidents from Sunday (apart from the pen) concerned you ??

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oldblueyes said:

Tbf to him this is the only way we look like scoring a lot of times. When he gets the pass close to right it causes problems.

2 hours ago, Oldblueyes said:

Crazy comment.  Soyuncu's long passes don't usually go out of play, are often pinpoint accurate, and are a welcome relief to the slow passing around our defence.  With a winger with the ball control and speed of Barnes to target they can be a very effective weapon, giving us the quick transition that has been lacking this season.  I also see this as a hopeful sign that Soy's confidence is coming back.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

To clarify - var is checking everything it has the authority to be involved in - it’s ongoing as the game progresses. 

90% of the time it doesn’t get involved by asking the ref to halt play because it judges that it doesn’t need to.  And occasionally you will see the ref asking the players to hang on a few seconds with a throw or a goal kick whilst he waits for the var to let him know it has no issues with what it was checking. 

what particular incidents from Sunday (apart from the pen) concerned you ??

Lacazette´s broken penalty run up. Probably checked but ignored as it was Arsenal. 

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Kasper may not be the most convincing witness ......

i just watched it and formed an opinion! its not the most difficult call to make!

VAR needs people like you.

8 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Lacazette´s broken penalty run up. Probably checked but ignored as it was Arsenal. 

3 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Interesting as Kasper had other ideas.

Kasper was miles off his line too, if we're getting really into it.

Edited by Fox92

On 16/03/2022 at 05:54, gerblod said:

Arsenal and Arteta are coming good now, so it was a big ask to expect anything of City - given the cobbled-together defence, the absence of Wilf  and Youri Tielemans, and Saka's current performance level (which Barnes is easily emulating). 

I wasn't disappointed, except by Iheanacho's inability to hold the ball up. Some mornings, after a loss, you wake up and inwardly moan, but I expected little of the game. The ratings vote reflected the expectations - not the performance. No one warranted much less than a 6 - bar Daka and Nacho.

KDH deserves 7 and up consistently since he got his first-pick status. Barnes offers a consistent threat - just came up against a in-form defence.

Their penalty was highly dubious - if the VAR official can't decide, with all the technical assistance in front of him, then how should the ref. , looking at a poxy little screen, be given the final say on it? If they can't decide after two minutes then it's 'not proven' and play should continue. Were they pandering to the home team?

If they come up short against Randers then I will be disappointed. 

...I would be disappointed as well, hope we have better luck against Rennes!!!

If the criteria is "a clear and obvious error..." and that is not resolved in less than a minute, therefore it really cannot be clear and obvious.

• Thanks 1