Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Arsenal 2-0 LCFC - Post Match Thread

We should be giving arsenal more of a game than that. We're just too nice to play against. Pretty enough, generally well organised, but no threat and an absolute banker for conceding a set piece. No sign of any long term changes soon.

1 minute ago, LaCiudad said:

It wasn't obvious.

If took 3 minutes to decide.

That's not obvious.

Two points. 

The definition is the referee makes a ‘clear and obvious error’. That’s purposely subjective. He missed the handball, there he has made a clear and obvious error. There’s a creep that people think the offence has to be clear and obvious. 

I said the var assistant might have taken that time because he felt the handball was obvious but red card wasn’t so 

• Like 1

Find it hard to slate the players after that. However, it was disappointing we got nothing out of it as it was almost there for the taking. They were nothing special let’s be honest and with better defending and a decent outlet we might have offered something. Ah well now that’s the way it goes and hopefully destroy Brentford next week: 

We barely laid a glove on them, so disappointing that it was two very poor goals to concede that won it for them.

Brendan I think rightly focused on the Rennes match and it was always going to be difficult against Arsenal at The Emirates, they are a good team and in form.

• Like 3

Managed to catch the first half thought we played well apart from defending the party goal we’ve seemed to go backwards defending set pieces, caught a bit of the second half on drive to work Matt Piper sounded frustrated with our display and the display of the ref, VAR had been for clear and obvious decisions how can having to autopsy for 5min be clear and obvious ?

Dreadful result for us but really think Brendan should be trying out 2 up top DAKA and Nacho as before Nacho and vardy were amazing when played together, has Brendan been doing his homework on the opposition sometimes it doesn’t look like it !

6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Two points. 

The definition is the referee makes a ‘clear and obvious error’. That’s purposely subjective. He missed the handball, there he has made a clear and obvious error. There’s a creep that people think the offence has to be clear and obvious. 

I said the var assistant might have taken that time because he felt the handball was obvious but red card wasn’t so 

1. Given the handball had to be viewed numerous times from different angles during 3 minutes it wasn't a clear or obvious error to have missed it.

2. There was no possibility of a red card because the ball didn't change trajectory and was still cleared off the line.

• Like 2

Our mindset was never on a result today. I'm very disappointed I expected better from Brendan than that. 

Why isn't there one of our defensive CBs on the front post.

It's the same mistake every week.

Madison was like a headless chicken today.

Still nobody to lead the line when Vardy doesn't play.

12 minutes ago, MPH said:

what? Are you being serious? It very clearly hits his hand. He reaches out for the ball and you see the ball bounce off his hand?

and the 1st sentence is just sours grapes with no evidence to back it up. cags is a melt who reached for the ball and gave a penalty away. It’s our own fault. End of.

You can say that conclusively? I can't and I've looked back and VAR couldn't either. 2 and a half minutes and 26 replays. If he's looking for a clear and obvious error then surely it doesn't take 26 replays to decide if it was 'clear' and or 'obvious'. Taylor didn't think it was in real time so no, it doesn't 'very clearly' hit his hand. 

• Like 1

Just now, LaCiudad said:

1. Given the handball had to be viewed numerous times from different angles during 3 minutes it wasn't a clear or obvious error to have missed it.

2. There was no possibility of a red card because the ball didn't change trajectory and was still cleared off the line.

The handball may have been viewed from numerous angles because the VAR had to consider if it was deliberate handball and therefore not a genuine play at the ball.

That supersedes any denial of goalscoring opportunity decision. It would also be an argument to say the contact with the hand significantly slowed the ball that Thomas could clear off the line. 

That we are here debating the in’s and out’s of whether it’s a red card or not shows exactly why the time was taken on the decision 

Deserved nothing but still very irritated. The Arsenal players exaggerated at every opportunity with Gabriel trying to get Iheanacho sent off like he'd given him a right hook being the worst example. 

VAR took 50 replays to decide it was a pen but didn't have one look at Saka being 3 yards in the penalty area when the pen was taken.

The commentary and analysis was embarrassingly one-sided. They should have a 'silent' option for none top six fans. 

I watched virtually every game Smith played for us but dislike him beyond belief for his Arsenal bias. 

• Like 3

Our mindset was never on a result today. I'm very disappointed I expected better from Brendan than that. 

Why isn't there one of our defensive CBs on the front post.

It's the same mistake every week.

Madison was like a headless chicken today.

Still nobody to lead the line when Vardy doesn't play.