Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Arsenal 2-0 LCFC - Post Match Thread

1 minute ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Why did he put JJ and Wilf on after 60 mins then? 
How was that going to affect the outcome of the game? 

I don't think he was trying to affect the outcome. It was done and dusted by then.

Same issues, same mistakes, same players.

The rest of this season is merely an inconvenience now but lets just crack on, get it done and rebuild. 

Bring on Rennes, We are more than capable of winning this European competition and it would be a massive positive in an otherwise hideous season.

• Thanks 1

On the bright side, I thought big Dan was excellent. Literally didn't put a foot wrong. 

Corner apart, Luke Thomas put in a v v good shift. He had saka ffs and more or less won as many battles as he lost..

Cags was also pretty decent. Even allowing for handball

Mendy was his usual dependable self, nice body shifts and accepting the ball in awkward situations. Criminal he's not in the EL squad. 

Subs were odd. We needed Lookman for Albrighton and Teilemans (fitness permitting) for KDH. 

And, on a downer,  I'm sorry, I don't buy the KDH hype. He's OK. Nothing more, nothing less. Always takes half a touch too many imo

• Like 1

Just now, Sunbury Fox said:

Was watching the Chelsea v Newcastle game earlier and Chalobah virtually pulled Murphy's shirt off his back in the penalty area before tripping him up. The ref didn't give a pen and it went to VAR which after about 2 seconds concluded that despite clear evidence that a foul had been committed that it was no pen. 

Contrast that to the Arsenal pen when they kept looking at more and more frames and different angles so that they could somehow justify giving a pen. The fact that they took so long assessing it shows that logically it wasn't a 'clear and obvious' error from the ref. 

Not saying it's deliberate corruption but there is clearly unconscious bias in favour of the big clubs. 

This is exactly where I'm at. I saw the incident in the Chelsea game too. Plus Havertz smashing Burn and only getting booked. If Burn had left that on Havertz he'd have walked. No doubt.

there was a great realisation moment between Smith and Tyler at one point early second half...

"Of course - they are still missing a couple of key defenders in Evans and Castagne.....and  Vardy of course who has only played once this year, and there is Wesley Fofana to come back after a lengthy injury lay off"

then they were silent for a little bit....

imagine them saying - "Arsenal are without Gabriel...and White and of course Lacazette can't play and Odegaard has been out with a lengthy injury".....it would have been the whole games narrative

entirely unrelated. 

they are going to have to say 'And he's not live....' when Tyler finally shuffles off his perch aren't they.....

Regarding the penalty, there was one angle that quite clearly showed he touched it as it altered the direction of the ball ever so slightly. It's a penalty based on the fact there's a facility to quickly find the angle, view it, assess that the arm was outstretched and make the decision. Why it took so long just sums up the mystery around VAR.

Soyuncu has been threatening one of those in recent weeks, whys his hand that far out? Our players are brainless at times when the ball is played in, I just want this season over and pray for divine inspiration.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

And, on a downer,  I'm sorry, I don't buy the KDH hype. He's OK. Nothing more, nothing less. Always takes half a touch too many imo

This was his first bad (if you can even call it that looking at the performances across the board) game out of probably all the games hes started since Christmas. Its reactionary of the highest order to go and call him out on not being worth the hype after one meh performance. With that logic basically none of our players are any good.

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Feel sorry for the blue army who travelled down there today. Probably spent the best part of £100 each to see a game we had no real intention of winning.

Yup, wish they’d let me know which games they’re not bothering with before we buy tickets. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

This was his first bad (if you can even call it that looking at the performances across the board) game out of probably all the games hes started since Christmas. Its reactionary of the highest order to go and call him out on not being worth the hype after one meh performance. With that logic basically none of our players are any good.

I get your point. But I think this about him every game. He's OK, don't get me wrong.

But every game I see him he sees the pass a fraction later than a decent  PL midfielder does. He gets robbed 2 or 3 times a game. There's other times he does a lovely turn or flick. But it's low end of PL level of performance. No shame in that. But he's a sqaud player, nothing more or less. But let's not over do it. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Eminently forgettable and mediocre. Sadly I suspect that will be a microcosm of our season as I don't see us winning the European Vanarama Paints Englebert Strauss Conference bowl. 

Its not a bowl.....its a dish.

• Haha 2

We can't afford to write off every league game whilst we are in europe but away at Arsenal we probably lose at full strength. 

Struggling with a MOTM from that really. Dewsbury-Hall was ok but not his best in more of a two. Maddison, Iheanacho poor. Albrighton looked tired. Ricardo rusty, in general play I felt Amartey and Soyuncu defended ok.