Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Arsenal 2-0 LCFC - Post Match Thread

23 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Was watching the Chelsea v Newcastle game earlier and Chalobah virtually pulled Murphy's shirt off his back in the penalty area before tripping him up. The ref didn't give a pen and it went to VAR which after about 2 seconds concluded that despite clear evidence that a foul had been committed that it was no pen. 

Contrast that to the Arsenal pen when they kept looking at more and more frames and different angles so that they could somehow justify giving a pen. The fact that they took so long assessing it shows that logically it wasn't a 'clear and obvious' error from the ref. 

Not saying it's deliberate corruption but there is clearly unconscious bias in favour of the big clubs. 

I haven't seen the footage, only the wireless as I couldn't find a stream, but did the Arsenal players make a big deal out of it, chasing the ref etc, to force VAR into making a decision? 

4 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

Expected result, can't complain too much!  Still would like to see us be a bit more competitive, West Ham can do it at the moment and they don't have a large squad. 

West Ham haven't had 5 or 6 of their best XI either injured or struggling to get back to match fitness, like we have all season. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

That was an unbelievable save, and the keeper moved his feet so quickly. Also nobody doubts Kasper is one of the best shot stoppers in world football, but seems very scared to command his box 

Even Alan Smith. Who over hyped every single thing on arsenal's favour said it was straight at him and he absolutley should be saving that. 

I'd be worried if we had a keeper that couldn't save that.

1 minute ago, leicesterseddon said:

Football fans pre-VAR: We need a VAR to stop referee bias towards big clubs. 

Same fans now: VAR is biased against the big clubs it’s so unfair mwaaaah 

You do realise the two things aren't mutually exclusive don't you?

Also, if you're okay with the cheating then good for you.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Was watching the Chelsea v Newcastle game earlier and Chalobah virtually pulled Murphy's shirt off his back in the penalty area before tripping him up. The ref didn't give a pen and it went to VAR which after about 2 seconds concluded that despite clear evidence that a foul had been committed that it was no pen. 

Contrast that to the Arsenal pen when they kept looking at more and more frames and different angles so that they could somehow justify giving a pen. The fact that they took so long assessing it shows that logically it wasn't a 'clear and obvious' error from the ref. 

Not saying it's deliberate corruption but there is clearly unconscious bias in favour of the big clubs. 

Managers &  footballer, are put in Front of the camaras..

Why Not then game officials, especially the very Bias VAR officials...while replays of the incident are shown to them..

They Shouldnt have easy get out questions..They should be Obvious direct questions that fans will want answered,without being " given the run around"

• Like 2

The real frustration for me is that Arsenal weren't that good at all today and even worse, they didn't even need to be. They were bang average but we were so passive in that second half. We should have got a point today.

• Like 1

For me, Barnes can only play when we are full strength. In a game where we are hoping to contain, he doesn’t get involved anywhere near enough. He ambles about looking like he might make a press but mostly it’s half hearted. Yea he’s an outlet but he is far too detached from the game for too long 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

This season Fofana hasn't played at all, whilst Evans, Justin and Ricardo have played very few matches. That's our first choice back 4 all unavailable for pretty much the entire season. 

Then lay on top of that Vardy being out since Xmas apart from 80 minutes, and Barnes and Maddison having to be left out as they were struggling to regain fitness in the first half of the season following serious injuries and there is a massive contrast to the likes of Arsenal and West Ham who've basically been able to play the same team all season.

I'm not making excuses but these are clearly mitigating circumstances in how disappointing this season has been. 

There's a trend with injury problems and Rodgers though. 

1 hour ago, Tielemans63 said:

Still fuming about that penalty decision. That doesn't get given at the other end, it doesn't even get looked at.

You can't say conclusively that it hits Soy's hand and VAR couldn't after 2 and half minutes of replays. Even if he did it's off a flicked header from Lacazette.

I'm ****ing sick of it. This is why I go and watch non-league. 

It clearly came off his hand though and his hand moves towards the ball

in the context of the NUFC and NCFC decisions (or non decisions) this will get no airtime for a very good reason…. VAR worked and they got it right

I would have loved to see Nacho with Daka, even if it was for the last 15 mins today. Having said that, knowing our luck one, if not both of them would of got injured or sent off - Nacho was on a yellow!

Though call for today game, overall I think it was the right think to do!🏆🏆🏆🏆

14 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

This season Fofana hasn't played at all, whilst Evans, Justin and Ricardo have played very few matches. That's our first choice back 4 all unavailable for pretty much the entire season. 

Then lay on top of that Vardy being out since Xmas apart from 80 minutes, and Barnes and Maddison having to be left out as they were struggling to regain fitness in the first half of the season following serious injuries and there is a massive contrast to the likes of Arsenal and West Ham who've basically been able to play the same team all season.

I'm not making excuses but these are clearly mitigating circumstances in how disappointing this season has been. 

Sorry.  Misread your post. Read it lazilyand thought you said West Hamhad missed players!   We have often had 6 defenders out, five who would probably fill the back four with one on the bench.

5 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

It clearly came off his hand though and his hand moves towards the ball

in the context of the NUFC and NCFC decisions (or non decisions) this will get no airtime for a very good reason…. VAR worked and they got it right

Imho it is not a clear and obvious error. Not if it takes 2 and a half minutes and umpteen replays to reach a decision. I also firmly believe it doesn't even get looked at if it happens at the other end. 

30 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

Football fans pre-VAR: We need a VAR to stop referee bias towards big clubs. 

Same fans now: VAR is biased against the big clubs it’s so unfair mwaaaah 

Conclusion. It is not VaR that is the problem, it is the same biased referees using it. Referee on pitch makes a biased decision not having the nerve to go against the big club or just makes a coxk up. Second referee too timid or uses clear and obvious boll.x to not over rule. If nothing else the clear and obvious bull should be binned. It is either right or wrong.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Imho it is not a clear and obvious error. Not if it takes 2 and a half minutes and umpteen replays to reach a decision. I also firmly believe it doesn't even get looked at if it happens at the other end. 

The final angle showed the ball divert as it came past his hand…. It was clear and obvious enough to me that it came off his hand and the person running VAR….

Fortunately he got it right that it was only a yellow…

it’s a difficult job being ref, and  there were some absolute howlers this weekend and I’d be well cheesed off if i were Newcastle or Norwich…. 

I just got the impression that they knew this wasn’t important in comparison to next week…. That’s not good enough and I’m more disappointed with too many lacklustre performances than what was (in my opinion) a correct decision from VAR

• Like 2