Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KingsX

Rennes (A) Pre Match, Thursday 17 March, 5:45 pm

Stats from their away win at OL today

matchstats.JPG.8a8d94d422c7c8e7fe34aeb205e96b4f.JPG

SR gave up a lot of possession, and 8 corners, but cruised to a 0-4 lead until an OG, then a consolation PK in stoppage time.

Majer and Doku played 90’ between them, so should have plenty in the tank for Thursday.

Plenty of work still for us to do in this leg.  If we can hold our advantage for the first 20’ or 30’, I'll start feeling good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Unless Lookman has a slight knock I don’t understand Albrighton playing another 90 today. Think you have to keep Iheanacho over Daka as his hold up play is better, but you need runners around him, so I’d have Lookman and Barnes up there with him. Solid 3 in the middle, Tielemans, Ndidi and KDH. Harsh on Maddison and Albrighton but think that offers the best balance currently 

5 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Just chucking this out there? Any restrictions for unvaccinated players? 

anyone who’s unvaccinated and close contact of fofana can’t go

Assume this counts as essential travel - the non vaxed will have to take PCR’s before they go 

fofana will have been isolating since last Wednesday so close contacts will be done by coming Wednesday in any case 

Just now, st albans fox said:

Assume this counts as essential travel - the non vaxed will have to take PCR’s before they go 

fofana will have been isolating since last Wednesday so close contacts will be done by coming Wednesday in any case 

The government advice says France want 14 days after close contact still!

12 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Just chucking this out there? Any restrictions for unvaccinated players? 

anyone who’s unvaccinated and close contact of fofana can’t go

Lol surely not, it’s march 2022 and there’s a war going on. They can’t bother us with covid rules anymore 

think we’ll be fine in this game, just 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Lol surely not, it’s march 2022 and there’s a war going on. They can’t bother us with covid rules anymore 

think we’ll be fine in this game, just 

Covid killing people doesn’t stop cus of a war

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Really wish I didn't have this nagging feeling that we'll blow this.

It’s only natural to have that feeling. They are a good team and even better at home. We just need faith in the team knowing they will give it everything. Enjoy the moment and hope for the best. 🦊

Such a cliche, but at 2-0, the next goal is so important.  If it goes to 3-0 then I'd like to think we'd get it done.  If it goes 2-1 then it becomes a very intense game.

I just hope we don't set up to defend for 90 minutes.

4 minutes ago, Hamilton Fox said:

So did they not want to beat us in the first leg then?

Be a different game at their gaff, I assume they won't turn their pitch into a swimming pool so they might be able to play some football lol

1 hour ago, Lesterlad said:

Covid killing people doesn’t stop cus of a war

Yeh but govt meddling and administration does. Policymakers focus is quite rightly elsewhere on much more important matters. I’d be amazed if any players can’t travel to Rennes due to Covid rules 

• Sad 1