Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KingsX

Rennes (A) Pre Match, Thursday 17 March, 5:45 pm

2 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Did they fart in our general direction? There should be a UEFA enquiry if so.

The hilarious thing here, and I do have the movie reference, that it actually brings back memories  ... The UEFA once suspended our key midfielder Steven Nzonzi for the Champions League game against Chelsea because he had "kicked a water bottle" at no one in particular on the way to the dressing room after the defeat to Seville... The UEFA literally would, if it is a "small team"

• Haha 1

As others have said, this is the season right here. Failure to go through here will be massively disappointing and will be up there with the other capitulations that have occurred under Rodgers. We have to prove ourselves mentally. 

How good would it be for us to get through though? Imagine a quarter-final against Roma / Marseille. Would be amazing.

But, it was evident last Thursday that these are a decent side. Thought they moved the ball around well and are physical - that second goal was massive but this is far from over. 

If we concede that early goal, then I’m very worried that we will collapse. We have to be very careful.

1 minute ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

As others have said, this is the season right here. Failure to go through here will be massively disappointing and will be up there with the other capitulations that have occurred under Rodgers. We have to prove ourselves mentally. 

How good would it be for us to get through though? Imagine a quarter-final against Roma / Marseille. Would be amazing.

But, it was evident last Thursday that these are a decent side. Thought they moved the ball around well and are physical - that second goal was massive but this is far from over. 

If we concede that early goal, then I’m very worried that we will collapse. We have to be very careful.

I'm usually an optimist but I can see it being 4-1 to them, either 3-1 at 90 minutes and 4-1 AET or 4-1 after 90.

• Haha 1

I think we'll have enough to do it tonight. 1-1 draw or squeaky-bum 1-2 loss.

Keep the faith regardless. :scarf:

As for the comments on Leicester as a destination, it really ain't all that bad here. Some shite parts of town, but I appreciate that the efforts to tidy up the town centre and canalside are starting to bear fruit. Them doing Churchgate right now is the classic "pollishing a turd" scenario, granted, but you can't win 'em all. :whistle:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, -sodapop said:

I'm super ****ing nervous about tonight honestly - can't take another humiliation this season.

Not sure losing to a good Rennes side would class as a humiliation.

They beat PSG 2-0 at home earlier in the season.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, frakenfox said:

Some comments here have me concerned (about stuff ON the pitch) I do hope BR is not going to get all 'rotation' with our defensive formation. 

Dan's been seen in training photos, so I'm guessing he's starting. Mention of no Cags nor Veste (never mind eh?) but Evans is there. So are we to assume an Amartey/Evans paring with Fofana on the bench with Nelson? Perso, I'd have kept it boring and stayed with the developing Cags and Dan double act. Aside which, Rennes are a bit pacey and Evans isn't. Cags, for all his bomb-scariness, can get back. I think this game matters and I'd rather not be risking Evans' come back only lasting a half hour before having to patch things up.... though I guess we do have 5 subs.... OK, maybe not so bad.

Maybe BR likes to keep 'em guessing?

.....I think he will go 3 at the back with Wing Backs pushed on, two upfront with Daka and Nacho!!!

There is a defensive element to this as well as an attacking threat to keep them (Rennes) on the backfoot. Ndidi, KDH and Maddison in the middle, for creativity, tempo and a screen for the backline.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Can't stop thinking that this goes to penalties tonight

Been fixated for days on the idea that it could all come down to one single penalty . That 90th minute spot-kick, score is 2-0, if it comes in the tie is over....

But who gets to take the penalty? Rennes or Leicester?

The fear is immense :D

1 minute ago, Allo_Allozh said:

Been fixated for days on the idea that it could all come down to one single penalty . That 90th minute spot-kick, score is 2-0, if it comes in the tie is over....

But who gets to take the penalty? Rennes or Leicester?

The fear is immense :D

We have had a fairly decent record in penalty shootouts in recent years except when it's mattered in latter stages of competitions, see the QF vs Liverpool this season. It would probably be 0-0 after 8 penalties each 😂😂

8 minutes ago, Vazman said:

The mere thought of that is making me feel sick, makes me want to finish work early, just had an idea...  

Great idea 😂 I'm at work till 5:45ish and then a 30 minute commute home, I don't know whether to not focus on the game go about my evening as normal and pray we win or rush home watch it and be a nervous wreck for 90 minutes. 

either way the nerves are certainly building now! FOXES NEVER QUIT 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We have had a fairly decent record in penalty shootouts in recent years except when it's mattered in latter stages of competitions, see the QF vs Liverpool this season. It would probably be 0-0 after 8 penalties each 😂😂

Well, we did have a pretty good record until this year, we actually won the French cup in 2019 on penalties even though we were trailing 0-2 to PSG after 20 minutes.

Our only shootout this year was dreadful though, we missed 3 of 6, our keeper didn't touch one (the other team missed them) and we ended up going out to Nancy, who are rock bottom in Ligue 2

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I'm usually an optimist but I can see it being 4-1 to them, either 3-1 at 90 minutes and 4-1 AET or 4-1 after 90.

Yeah, it’s one thing being optimistic but you have to be realistic. How many ‘big’ games have we turned up during Rodgers’ tenure? Not many. 

Just hopping that the second goal from Kel will give us enough. 

1 hour ago, OntarioFox said:

st,small,845x845-pad,1000x1000,f8f8f8.jp

Not sure about attempts to give this match an English-versus-the-French flavor.  The French see the Bretons somewhat as you see the Welsh … and they are from the same stock as the Welsh ...

as proved by @Finnegan’s uncharacteristic near-silence in this thread … conflicted, mate?

4 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Not sure about attempts to give this match an English-versus-the-French flavor.  The French see the Bretons somewhat as you see the Welsh … and they are from the same stock as the Welsh ...

as proved by @Finnegan’s uncharacteristic near-silence in this thread … conflicted, mate?

Breizh da viken! 

Its funny how everyone's really worried when I think we were much better for most of the game than them. Yes they were ok, particularly first twenty but we were better for the rest of the match. They are the ones who should be scared of us, and I reckon we'll win again tonight. Come on you foxes