Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KingsX

Rennes (A) Pre Match, Thursday 17 March, 5:45 pm

2 minutes ago, Jonaldinho said:

And suddenly this becomes the biggest game of the season. I'm not sure I can take another collapse after blowing the Europa League, then the Spurs and Forest games. 

If we lose it from here then there's very little excuses left anymore for Brendan this season. He simply has to get this right. 

• Like 2

Whatever happens Brendan cannot try to be too smart. Needs to be a similar team that played the fixture at home.

I don’t want to see Vestaguaard coming on as a failed masterclass sub 

Edited by Chloe_77

Just to raise everyone's spirits, if we'd class Rennes as at least a mid table PL team on ability, we've currently taken only 2 points against the entire top 12 (10th and 11th) away from home this season.

Our away form is so so bad and we will need at least 1 more goal IMO, possibly 2.

25 minutes ago, Jonaldinho said:

And suddenly this becomes the biggest game of the season. I'm not sure I can take another collapse after blowing the Europa League, then the Spurs and Forest games. 

Nothing will ever feel as bad as either of them. This would just be the equivalent of being beaten up by a gang of youths in an alley and one sticking one on your balls. You've already been beaten to death anyway.

Get it done. Fail and the season ends pathetically.

I think he'll start with a back 4 and switch to a 5 (with fofana off the bench) if we're in a good spot by the 60th min. Then it'll be puckered bumholes until the final whistle. 

• Sad 1

Il y a 1 heure, EastAnglianFox a dit :

Heureusement pour nous, je peux nous voir faufiler un but précoce pour tuer l'égalité car nous sommes connus pour commencer sur le pied avant et faire preuve d'intention ......:ph34r:

Pour moi, même si vous menez, on peut en mettre 3 derrière comme on l'a fait face à Arsenal en 2019.

On est bien meilleur dans le jeu qu'il y a 3 ans et Génésio ne reproduira pas l'erreur tactique de l'aller en alignant seulement 2 milieux de terrain dans l'axe.

Si on joue comme on en a l'habitude à domicile, on peut renverser le match.

4 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

We need to take the game to these else we’ll get knocked out. 

...with all that possession they conceded today and still won 4-0, it sounds like they enjoy playing on the counter!!!

We do not need to make this easy for them by playing into their hands. We can play on the counter ourselves, but that would be Barnes and Daka, i am not sure Rodgers will be playing Lookman.

It would be interesting to play a 4-2-3-1 with Perez on the right playing in the half space so as he is supporting Daka. Perez likes to lay the ball off with one touch so Daka needs to be on his toes all the time. Failing that, JJ playing at RB and Ricardo pushed forward for the extra pace out wide.

There is no way Rodgers is going to play two up top, it is a hill he is apparently ready and willing to die on.

• Like 3

Il y a 2 heures, sacreblueits442 a dit :

... avec toute cette possession qu'ils ont concédée aujourd'hui et qui a tout de même gagné 4-0, on dirait qu'ils aiment jouer en contre !!!

Nous n'avons pas besoin de leur faciliter la tâche en faisant le jeu de leurs mains. Nous pouvons jouer nous-mêmes au comptoir, mais ce serait Barnes et Daka, je ne suis pas sûr que Rodgers joue à Lookman.

Il serait intéressant de jouer un 4-2-3-1 avec Perez à droite jouant dans le demi-espace alors qu'il soutiendrait Daka. Perez aime lancer le ballon d'une seule touche, donc Daka doit être sur ses gardes tout le temps. À défaut, JJ jouant à RB et Ricardo a avancé pour le rythme supplémentaire à l'extérieur.

Il n'y a aucun moyen que Rodgers joue deux en haut, c'est une colline sur laquelle il est apparemment prêt et disposé à mourir.

Pas du tout, c'était seulement 51 % à 49 % à la mi-temps mais comme Lyon était largement derrière au score, ils ont mis plus de rythme en deuxième mi-temps et pris le contrôle du ballon.

Malgré les 2 buts concédés bêtements (un CSC de notre capitaine et un penalty suite à une faute de notre gardien), on a jamais été inquiété dans le jeu par une équipe aux moyens bien supérieurs aux nôtres.

Edited by Roazhon Da Viken
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Albrighton and Dewsbury-Hall both looking quite leggy makes me worried as they were two of our best performers in the first leg. I can see us needing 2 goals to go through :(

Lucky we already have them then !

11 hours ago, Jonaldinho said:

If we were in Europe at this stage of the season, I'd expect that to be the case. There's no 'suddenly' about it. 

That Cup win back in May should have people realise football is about trophies and memories. The latter doesn't occur finishing 9th 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Just to raise everyone's spirits, if we'd class Rennes as at least a mid table PL team on ability, we've currently taken only 2 points against the entire top 12 (10th and 11th) away from home this season.

Our away form is so so bad and we will need at least 1 more goal IMO, possibly 2.

I think your right, I'd say 2 Goals required, especially if we concede early, with their intense 20 to 25 mins spells, which will likely increase with the Home Fans cheering them on.

• Sad 1