Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KingsX

Rennes (A) Pre Match, Thursday 17 March, 5:45 pm

19 minutes ago, Roazhon Da Viken said:

Ou au contraire, ça va nous arranger. Alemdar est déjà au niveau de Gomis et même meilleur dans le domaine aérien. Salin revient après la trève internationale.

Ça facilite le choix de notre coach. Pour moi, Gomis n'est mentalement pas au niveau pour notre club.

Bonne chance demain soir mon ami. Pas trop cependant.Votre soutien fait honneur à votre club.

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

Closer to the game it gets the more my faith is evaporating. We've kept 2 away clean sheets all season, Millwall and Burnley. 

Every high stakes came we've played against a noisy crowd we've not turned up in at all. Villa in the LC, Legia, Napoli, Liverpool in the LC and Forest. We conceded 23 shots away to Randers; Rennes are streets ahead ability-wise.

Only positive I can take from all of those examples is we only lost by 1 goal which will be enough for us to get through 😂😂😂😂😂

11 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

No Forest repeat please

Good morning all. In any case, I hope you will be better received than we in Leicester. I want to talk about leaving the stadium which was stormy. The police had to extricate totally imbecile "supporters" who insulted us and threatened us physically. Incomprehensible
  • Sad 3

4 minutes ago, saintexupery said:
Good morning all. In any case, I hope you will be better received than we in Leicester. I want to talk about leaving the stadium which was stormy. The police had to extricate totally imbecile "supporters" who insulted us and threatened us physically. Incomprehensible.

Sad to hear that. Was a bit of a strange one at Leicester though,  probably not helped by large groups of Rennes fans sitting together in the home stands singing and supporting thier team. I do hope if such a group of Leicester fans do the same at yours, they will be well received. As in fact, the home fans around yours acted with more than a degree of restraint, even when mingling in the concourse for drinks etc. 

34 minutes ago, saintexupery said:
Good morning all. In any case, I hope you will be better received than we in Leicester. I want to talk about leaving the stadium which was stormy. The police had to extricate totally imbecile "supporters" who insulted us and threatened us physically. Incomprehensible

Just Bellends who think that is how you have to behave at football, especially European games. 

Complete arseholes 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, saintexupery said:

40 minutes ago, squidsworth said:

Sad to hear that. Was a bit of a strange one at Leicester though,  probably not helped by large groups of Rennes fans sitting together in the home stands singing and supporting thier team. I do hope if such a group of Leicester fans do the same at yours, they will be well received. As in fact, the home fans around yours acted with more than a degree of restraint, even when mingling in the concourse for drinks etc. 

We had several Rennes fans sitting near us, and there was no trouble. I have no idea I was supposed to restrain myself around them! I was waiting for my mate for nearly 30 minutes before the game (he arrived late) and spent my time taking pictures of French people in front of the stadium, at their request, all of whom were in good cheer. The only Rennes supporter that seemed a spot of bother was the guy standing up, holding a Vichai scarf (must have traded for it) screaming "Leicester City!" at the top of his lungs. It was only a spot of bother because he was drunk and loud, and I thought he might hurt himself.

I spent most of the game thinking, "Hey, shouldn't football always be like this? Away fans sitting among the home fans, and nobody being idiots!" I missed the trouble after the game, and I guess some idiots will always be about.

But I seriously thought the away support was in good form, friendly, and not in any way looking for trouble (and I refuse to believe cheering for your team is looking for trouble.) In fact, as I remarked on the game day thread, I have never seen so many of those half-and-half scarves being worn before in my life!

Truth is, the experience has made me want to support Rennes in the French league!

• Like 3

Can't afford to go into this on the defensive trying to hold it, we aren't good enough defensively, if we get a goal in Rennes, I think we'll go through.

Fantastic also to hear Fofana is going to be involved!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

We had several Rennes fans sitting near us, and there was no trouble. I have no idea I was supposed to restrain myself around them! I was waiting for my mate for nearly 30 minutes before the game (he arrived late) and spent my time taking pictures of French people in front of the stadium, at their request, all of whom were in good cheer. The only Rennes supporter that seemed a spot of bother was the guy standing up, holding a Vichai scarf (must have traded for it) screaming "Leicester City!" at the top of his lungs. It was only a spot of bother because he was drunk and loud, and I thought he might hurt himself.

I spent most of the game thinking, "Hey, shouldn't football always be like this? Away fans sitting among the home fans, and nobody being idiots!" I missed the trouble after the game, and I guess some idiots will always be about.

But I seriously thought the away support was in good form, friendly, and not in any way looking for trouble (and I refuse to believe cheering for your team is looking for trouble.) In fact, as I remarked on the game day thread, I have never seen so many of those half-and-half scarves being worn before in my life!

Truth is, the experience has made me want to support Rennes in the French league!

this was more or less my experience. I arrived with my kids early ish but had to wait for my mate before we could go in as I had his tickets.

Walked past the away entrances and there were plenty of Rennes fans there in good spirits, taking photos etc. Saw a couple of guys having their picture taken with two policemen (another copper was taking the picture). Went over and had a chat with them and my son wanted his photo with some Rennes fans so they all duly obliged.

Spent a good 20 - 30 minutes chatting to various supporters as they arrived - lots of handshakes, fist bumps and pictures as well as good wishes "Good luck, but not too much luck!".

Had similar experiences when we played Porto and Bruges in the CL as well. Plenty of friendly folk about if you seek them out (and not be a dick)

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Just Bellends who think that is how you have to behave at football, especially European games. 

Complete arseholes 

Ye it was the usual suspects that pack out the top right corner of P block for cup games and ‘kick off’.

Had 3 Rennes fans sat next to me, all were nice guys and had very complimentary things to say about us and the city. 

tried to speak about the game and some of their players in some broken french. You'll always get idiots at every club but just tarnishes us lot who are there purely for the football and banter. Shame 

• Like 2

Merc

Goalkeeper Alfred Gomis is to be out injured until May due to a finger issue.

Gomis took a knock to one of his fingers in the 4-2 league win over Lyon at the weekend, resulting in a spell of around 4-6 weeks in the treatment room. The Senegalese goalkeeper has made four appearances in the Conference League so far but has been a mainstay for Bruno Génésio in Ligue 1 with his 22 outings.