Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KingsX

Rennes (A) Pre Match, Thursday 17 March, 5:45 pm

7 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

They weren't Rennes 'Fans', just like it wasn't Leicester 'Fans' who decided to smash up pubs in Nottingham. A few wrong uns shouldn't tarnish a whole clubs fan base. 

Real Rennes supporters last week were good as gold.

Hmmmm the ones determined on offering 5 on 5 in Firebug id say less so.

12 hours ago, Roazhon said:

...basically, English fans and their tendency to get pissed before matches and indulge in '"deviant behaviour" etc etc 

Some comments here have me concerned (about stuff ON the pitch) I do hope BR is not going to get all 'rotation' with our defensive formation. 

Dan's been seen in training photos, so I'm guessing he's starting. Mention of no Cags nor Veste (never mind eh?) but Evans is there. So are we to assume an Amartey/Evans paring with Fofana on the bench with Nelson? Perso, I'd have kept it boring and stayed with the developing Cags and Dan double act. Aside which, Rennes are a bit pacey and Evans isn't. Cags, for all his bomb-scariness, can get back. I think this game matters and I'd rather not be risking Evans' come back only lasting a half hour before having to patch things up.... though I guess we do have 5 subs.... OK, maybe not so bad.

Maybe BR likes to keep 'em guessing?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chloe_77 said:
Yes it's a shame but it's just the consequence of the attacks suffered in Leicester. I spoke with supporters who insulted me and they replied that it was an English tradition.....It's this kind of thing that spoils the atmosphere....

saintexupery - "Yes it's a shame but it's just the consequence of the attacks suffered in Leicester. I spoke with supporters who insulted me and they replied that it was an English tradition.....It's this kind of thing that spoils the atmosphere...."

Hmm, I really dont think the most appropriate way to reflect on the trouble those arseholes caused is to excuse them by saying that arseholes in Leicester did a bad thing first. Far better to just admit that both teams have their bad elements that dont really need any encouragement from others to act out.

Edited by Sandwhale

7 minutes ago, frakenfox said:

Some comments here have me concerned (about stuff ON the pitch) I do hope BR is not going to get all 'rotation' with our defensive formation. 

Dan's been seen in training photos, so I'm guessing he's starting. Mention of no Cags nor Veste (never mind eh?) but Evans is there. So are we to assume an Amartey/Evans paring with Fofana on the bench with Nelson? Perso, I'd have kept it boring and stayed with the developing Cags and Dan double act. Aside which, Rennes are a bit pacey and Evans isn't. Cags, for all his bomb-scariness, can get back. I think this game matters and I'd rather not be risking Evans' come back only lasting a half hour before having to patch things up.... though I guess we do have 5 subs.... OK, maybe not so bad.

Maybe BR likes to keep 'em guessing?

Johnny is only just back in training - I would hope he won’t be risked as a starter until after the int break. infact, given that cags pulled his hammy in added time trying to maintain a clean sheet in December, perhaps just let him build his fitness for a couple weeks …… if he played any part tonight then surely  n Ireland will draft him in and probably break him! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sandwhale said:

saintexupery - "Yes it's a shame but it's just the consequence of the attacks suffered in Leicester. I spoke with supporters who insulted me and they replied that it was an English tradition.....It's this kind of thing that spoils the atmosphere...."

Hmm, I really dont think the most appropriate way to reflect on the trouble those arseholes caused is to excuse them by saying that arseholes in Leicester did a bad thing first. Far better to just admit that both teams have their bad elements that dont really need any encouragement from others to act out.

I do not excuse but i explain... it is not the same thing.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sandwhale said:

9 minutes ago, saintexupery said:

What trouble in Leicester? I thought it was all welcoming and friendly? No bad blood between the clubs, no reason or excuse for trouble. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, saintexupery said:

Perhaps something is being lost in translation and perhaps it is not.

However, you seem to be implying that the actions of the Rennes fans would not have occurred had there not been some trouble within the Leicester game, which I'm not doubting you experienced (though hopefully it wasnt to the degree of glasses being thrown at your head like those Twitter posts show)

These incidents surprise me, when did they take place, how many were the troublemakers? Other details? I have not read or seen anywhere that such abuses have taken place. If so, it's very surprising from Rennes supporters, whether they are French bastards or not 😉, with the French accent of John Cleese in The Holy Grail, which is an aggravating circumstance! 🤪 Well, everything should be fine tonight (I'm not talking about the result...)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Was always going to happen unfortunately. Will get more violent the further we get in this competition, we've had pretty tame draws in Randers and Rennes compared to what we could have had.

Imagine drawing someone like Partizan Belgrade and their fans 😳

(unlikely now as they are 5-2 down from the first leg).

They are the only set of fans I know of who have to be segregated from each other (away in the Belgrade Derby) !!

Can't blame a whole fan base for a section of their fan base which is full of idiots. We've got the same here by the way lol, remember racial abuse towards ian Wright and what happened in Nottingham 

11 hours ago, oxtonfox said:

I have a real nasty feeling tomorrow. I think we’ll get knocked out. Our defensive frailties, lone striker and Rodgers’ default caution, defensive approach and lack of trust in certain players will play out under the pressure of Rennes crowd. 

There are rumours Soyuncu hasn't travelled, so Fofana may start...

22 minutes ago, Roazhon said:

These incidents surprise me, when did they take place, how many were the troublemakers? Other details? I have not read or seen anywhere that such abuses have taken place. If so, it's very surprising from Rennes supporters, whether they are French bastards or not 😉, with the French accent of John Cleese in The Holy Grail, which is an aggravating circumstance! 🤪 Well, everything should be fine tonight (I'm not talking about the result...)

🤔