Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OntarioFox

Rennes 2-1 LCFC (2-3 Agg) Post Match Thread

Great effort from the lads for getting the result. Thought they were going to hammer us after they scored early but we stuck in there and took control of the game until the last 20 minutes. Wilf going off injured didn't help us and the likes of Fofana & JJ were running on empty. 

Horrible team Rennes, they turned into thugs in the first leg when we were winning and then did the same late on in this game. The ref made some odd decisions, should have been a red for the tackle on Barnes and literally no idea why maddison got booked.

Aside from their shithousery, great to get through and we should character and resilience after going 1-0 down so early early absolutely amazing for Fofana to score on his first game back. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OrielCaziado said:

We will learn so much about how to play in Europe from tonight. You can’t put a price on learning how to win a tie in that atmosphere.   We win the thing now. 

Yes. That was one hell of an experience. Valuable lessons learnt I hope.

Such gutsy performance, the kind we’ve lacked so badly at times this season.

Vestergaard an absolute monster when he came on. Please forgive me for what I’ve said, Jannik.

Huge props to Big Dan Amartey too who I thought was superb. Gave it everything.

I want Kasper to adopt me. :wub:

Their fans were incredible BTW. Makes you realise just how sterile Premier League games are. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Who got booked right at the end? Ref seemed to show a yellow to one of our players while they were clapping the fans. 

And on that note, fair play to all the fans who got to witness that! Must have been 10x more stressful in the ground amongst that atmosphere. 

The players will learn and grow so much from that game. Very intimidating atmosphere from the TV, let alone there! Superb outcome to win on aggregate. 

KDH

• Like 1

Wasn't pretty. Didn't create much but we're through from a difficult atmosphere and match and that's really all that matters.

Annoying how we could never create a cauldron of an atmosphere like that especially with the rubbish clappers.

Rennes were good. Moved the ball quickly but didn't really create all that much.

Vestergaard I owe an apology to as he was superb when he came on. Body on line and made some big headers.

On we go. 

Edited by TrickyTrevLeftPeg
  • Like 1

Guest Col city fan

If ever a football team had a ‘12th man’ that was it!

Brilliant effort from the Rennes Ultras

Just now, OrielCaziado said:

We will learn so much about how to play in Europe from tonight. You can’t put a price on learning how to win a tie in that atmosphere.   We win the thing now. 

Roma are dark horses. It's just the sort of Mourinho type trophy to say he won something for them when they get rid. Aside from them, and even then so, you would fancy our chances against anyone in it. We just need a bit of luck with injuries. Full strength we could win this. 

• Like 1

Actually pleased and think it's a good thing that we had to battle and fight, show desire, show determination. I think that is actually better for us than say winning 0-2 tonight long term. 

Gets us experience at winning ugly, sticking up for each other and giving it all for the team. 

Edge of the seat stuff that was.  

Edited by peterborofox
  • Like 1

Just now, TheUltimateWinner said:

Did KDH really get booked for celebrating going into the quarter finals? lol

Couldn't believe that, he was only waving his arms towards the away end. If he ends up suspended for a leg because of that...