Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OntarioFox

Rennes 2-1 LCFC (2-3 Agg) Post Match Thread

Guest Chocolate Teapot
34 minutes ago, saintexupery said:
Bravo to Leicester. However, sorry but very disappointed with the level of the English championship. A lot of financial means but what must you be bored with such a fake team that didn't want to play. Are all teams like this? I would hang myself in front of my TV if I saw this every weekend. Pitiful....

image.png.2fa19df954a8577fe4500303ade156de.png

It's not Fofana's fault your team is shit mate.

28 minutes ago, Simmo86 said:

Pretty sure we should’ve had a pen early doors for a handball anyway? Looked stonewall from the away end

I was going to mention that. It was hardly mentioned by the commentators and not even replayed on BT. The City fans simultaneously shouted handball as one. Would like to see that again. 

I have say Rennes and their fans are very gracious losers.  Good luck for the rest of the season and I can only assume that Stockleur Park works better in Ligue 1, as we get sawn off on a regular basis, when VAR is in use..

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Roazhon said:

Génésio, coach of Rennes (he perfectly sums up this match, the previous one, and incidentally, before he coached our other bizarre matches against English clubs. It's up to us to make a name for ourselves!) :
"The first feeling is disappointment because if there is a team that deserved to go to the quarter-finals in both games, it was us. Once again, we lacked a bit of maturity. In our little weak time, we conceded a goal from a set piece. We lacked efficiency because we had the chances to score the third goal and take them to extra time.
And then, we missed the VAR. When we organizes a European competition, we have to organize it under the same conditions as the others. Otherwise it's useless, it's better not to do it.
In both matches, we are short of at least one penalty. It would have changed a lot of things. I don't want to overwhelm the referee even if I think it's a bit too much in the same direction for it to be just chance but above all we have to play this competition under the same conditions than the others. There are several contrary decisions over the two games, at least three.
Maybe Rennes is a club less attractive than Leicester for a Conference League quarter-final. It's up to us to write our history by scoring twice as many goals as the opponent to qualify.
Despite the elimination, I especially want to congratulate my players. We showed a beautiful face.

I hope we will learn. There is a famous President, who is no longer there, and who once said "I understood". We also need to understand.

When you try so hard and you are not rewarded, of course there is frustration and anger but we have to move on. We can't go back unfortunately. We have to move on. We have to recover and prepare for the end of the championship if we want to relive this kind of evening at Roazhon Park.

Honestly, it was an amazing evening. We would have liked to reward our public with a qualification. I have rarely seen atmospheres like these. In Lyon, there were some in the big parties but with 60,000 people. Making so much noise with 30,000 people for the duration of the match, we have to give them a big thumbs up. »

So he's like a French Sean Dyche?

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, saintexupery said:
Bravo to Leicester. However, sorry but very disappointed with the level of the English championship. A lot of financial means but what must you be bored with such a fake team that didn't want to play. Are all teams like this? I would hang myself in front of my TV if I saw this every weekend. Pitiful....

It's a shame some of your fans have taken the defeat this way. On the night you won 2-1, the problem for you was here in England, last week Rennes offered very little on the pitch and walked home with shoulders slumped.

It was still exciting to watch for you, no? At least I hope you had fun. And best of luck for the rest of your campaign

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, saintexupery said:

Good moaning. Have you been eating garlic? 

On the VAR thing they’d have had a player sent off before the penalty call in the last minute if that was the case.

for me the penalty shout on KDH was a push in the back anyway and upper arm(shirt line) so wouldn’t have been a pen.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

It's a shame some of your fans have taken the defeat this way. On the night you won 2-1, the problem for you was here in England, last week Rennes offered very little on the pitch and walked home with shoulders slumped.

It was still exciting to watch for you, no? At least I hope you had fun. And best of luck for the rest of your campaign

3 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Even if we didn't have a great game in England, the gap there wasn't that big. But good continuation because we enjoyed both matches even if it was painful at the end.
  • Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
8 hours ago, sm1 said:

Sad to hear some of the shite coming out from the Rennes camp. They are letting the final 15-20 mins cloud their judgement. We were the better team in the 1st leg and were pretty comfortable up until their 2nd goal in this game. Better team won no doubt and some of the antics from the Rennes players was awful, diving in the area, crying for handball. They made Arsenal look like good sportsman. Finally the ref was superb and the Rennes manager should be ashamed of himself accusing him of being corrupt. He should watch our game against Atletico in 1997, to see corruption. 

My favourite was their own player who went down for three minutes in stoppage time claiming he was elbowed trying to win a penalty.

59 minutes ago, saintexupery said:

You can "play" all you want fella but it doesn't mean anything if you can't do much with it. You had 4 shots on target over 2 legs. 180 minutes and you only managed 4 shots on target? At least Schmeichel got a chance to do his tax return, eh? 

I hope you enjoyed the tie, pal. I certainly did. Good luck for the rest of the season. 

1 hour ago, saintexupery said:

You spent £70m this year! Your net spend is more than ours for the past three years! And all for four shots in 120 mins.

10 hours ago, Roazhon said:

Génésio, coach of Rennes (he perfectly sums up this match, the previous one, and incidentally, before he coached our other bizarre matches against English clubs. It's up to us to make a name for ourselves!) :
"The first feeling is disappointment because if there is a team that deserved to go to the quarter-finals in both games, it was us. Once again, we lacked a bit of maturity. In our little weak time, we conceded a goal from a set piece. We lacked efficiency because we had the chances to score the third goal and take them to extra time.
And then, we missed the VAR. When we organizes a European competition, we have to organize it under the same conditions as the others. Otherwise it's useless, it's better not to do it.
In both matches, we are short of at least one penalty. It would have changed a lot of things. I don't want to overwhelm the referee even if I think it's a bit too much in the same direction for it to be just chance but above all we have to play this competition under the same conditions than the others. There are several contrary decisions over the two games, at least three.
Maybe Rennes is a club less attractive than Leicester for a Conference League quarter-final. It's up to us to write our history by scoring twice as many goals as the opponent to qualify.
Despite the elimination, I especially want to congratulate my players. We showed a beautiful face.

I hope we will learn. There is a famous President, who is no longer there, and who once said "I understood". We also need to understand.

When you try so hard and you are not rewarded, of course there is frustration and anger but we have to move on. We can't go back unfortunately. We have to move on. We have to recover and prepare for the end of the championship if we want to relive this kind of evening at Roazhon Park.

Honestly, it was an amazing evening. We would have liked to reward our public with a qualification. I have rarely seen atmospheres like these. In Lyon, there were some in the big parties but with 60,000 people. Making so much noise with 30,000 people for the duration of the match, we have to give them a big thumbs up. »

The very definition of sour grapes...penalties....the world's against us....we were better...the world is against us....boo hoo 

7 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

You spent £70m this year! Your net spend is more than ours for the past three years! And all for four shots in 120 mins.

Budget Leicester: 179 Millions euros

Budget Rennes: 80 Millions euros...............................................................................................

It is  a litte different no....

But it is not your fault.

3 minutes ago, saintexupery said:

Budget Rennes: 80 Millions euros...............................................................................................

I'm like you a sore loser, but I dont post after a loss, straight away, because it's obvious sour grapes. Rennes did well, Leicester did better, we won you lost, accept it move on and enjoy your next match.

1 hour ago, shanetko said:

Sorry to hear that. Hope nobody got injured.

Their support in ground probs second best I’ve ever experienced. Legia the best by a mile.

Few bumps and bruises and I've cut my eyebrow open but nothing major thankfully. Yeah, completely agree on both support!

24 minutes ago, saintexupery said:

God we wish we could spend £150m without selling a player I’ve no idea where you’ve got the figures from.

As @vazman says though, time to move on. You’re a very good side, I’d say in the top five we’ve probably played this season, but can also see a naivety that means your beatable. Would be great to play you again in the Europa next season.

1 hour ago, saintexupery said:

Un bout de cloche.  He knows best.   

Very odd how zillions of football fans around the World sit in front of their TV´s and watch this Englísh sh+t league every weekend.  I wonder how many watch Renne outside of France?