Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OntarioFox

Rennes 2-1 LCFC (2-3 Agg) Post Match Thread

6 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Thought that Rennes sub Tait was good upfront going past our players and passing. 

Wouldn't mind him here in the summer

He’s been their best player in the forty minutes he’s played across the two games. Their left back as well will go Premier League soon 

Rennes are a team, very much like Leeds, great shout that. When you slow them down and they have to build an attack, they are laboured. When they are on the counter or transition, it’s good. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Roazhon said:

Once again, if we examine the history of Rennes matches against English clubs, there is reason to ask questions, and in the end to say Enough! You have to look back historically to understand the context.

Did you grow up in Leicester?:D

2 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

Opening line of the 2021-22 season review...

I think on the whole our midfield has been decent. 

We've been let down massively by individual errors in defence. 

35 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned, probably in the match thread although try and avoid those.

But how embarrassing from BT repeatedly suggesting we would look to bring Daka on for Iheanacho when he wasn’t even in the squad due to illness. Complete incompetence. Even supposed Leicester fans like Simpson, Heskey and then again Savage mentioned it in commentary. Laughable really 

Yeah, it was in the match thread but Savage made it worse later in the game by saying that we couldn't bring on Daka as he wasn't on the bench after suggesting we should (and the commentator agreeing). Must've got a text or tweet telling him to stop making a fool of himself. 

No excuses, especially for Simmo and Heskey. These are paid to provide expert opinions :facepalm:

43 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned, probably in the match thread although try and avoid those.

But how embarrassing from BT repeatedly suggesting we would look to bring Daka on for Iheanacho when he wasn’t even in the squad due to illness. Complete incompetence. Even supposed Leicester fans like Simpson, Heskey and then again Savage mentioned it in commentary. Laughable really 

Absolutely and sometimes when pundits from Sky or BT are covering our matches, it's as if they're given a player briefing at the start of the season and when a player like Maddison, Vardy or Tielemans comes on, they just repeat the same old clichés about them regardless of form etc. 

However, for the top few teams they seem a little better briefed. Each team also has a recognised place in their football world to fit in with their pre-arranged intelligence briefs and they really don't like it when disrupted because they have to think on their feet. 

To not know who's in a team and on the subs bench on the day of the match though is really poor and reflects how little preparation and interest they must put in.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Absolutely and sometimes when pundits from Sky or BT are covering our matches, it's as if they're given a player briefing at the start of the season and when a player like Maddison, Vardy or Tielemans comes on, they just repeat the same old clichés about them regardless of form etc. 

However, for the top few teams they seem a little better briefed. Each team also has a recognised place in their football world to fit in with their pre-arranged intelligence briefs and they really don't like it when disrupted because they have to think on their feet. 

To not know who's in a team and on the subs bench on the day of the match though is really poor and reflects how little preparation and interest they must put in.

I don't think they're better briefed on the "big 6", i just think that's the only teams they invest any interest in. Then they rely on a Vardy cliche for us. They really struggle when he's out. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Allo_Allozh said:

Has anyone got a clip of the tackle? At the time I thought it was a pretty bad tackle but no bad intent, he gets a bit of the ball and a lot of the foot... The BT guys called it an orange yellow and I would agree with them on that... I guess the VAR could have decided otherwise (although difficultt to say it was a clear an obvious mistake by the ref) but then again, if the VAR had been available... :dry:

Same about the "handball" incident in our penalty area... I heard the roar from the away end and saw the ball was near someone's arm, but I never got to see a replay...

Come on mate, you played well, and no one can take that away from you, the atmosphere in the stadium was excellent, but you lost, fair and square, debating the what ifs may make you feel better, but it wont change the outcome; Leicester deservedly went through and are patiently awaiting our next opponents best of luck with the rest of the season 

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Yeah, it was in the match thread but Savage made it worse later in the game by saying that we couldn't bring on Daka as he wasn't on the bench after suggesting we should (and the commentator agreeing). Must've got a text or tweet telling him to stop making a fool of himself. 

No excuses, especially for Simmo and Heskey. These are paid to provide expert opinions :facepalm:

Someone sent him a text telling him to kill himself??:o

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

I think on the whole our midfield has been decent

Fair enough. Hard disagree from me, as it's been far too easy to dominate (even by poor teams) , and has been incapable of prolonged periods of quality on the ball in most games. This has greatly exacerbated the defensive issues.

The midfield hasn't had the level of injuries to cope with the defence has and/or Brendan's tinkering to deal with it. We've seen recently how they've improved with a consistent line-up/formation, whereas we're still watching the midfield get bossed regularly

8 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Un bout de cloche.  He knows best.   

Very odd how zillions of football fans around the World sit in front of their TV´s and watch this Englísh sh+t league every weekend.  I wonder how many watch Renne outside of France? 

Un bout de cloche?????

You misunderstood me or you pretend not to understand me. I'm just telling you that precisely given the much greater world exposure of the English championship (we're funny in comparison) I don't consider that the level is much higher or even that in terms of the show there has a big difference. In summary, marketing is of great importance and does not reflect true values.

21 minutes ago, saintexupery said:

Un bout de cloche?????

You misunderstood me or you pretend not to understand me. I'm just telling you that precisely given the much greater world exposure of the English championship (we're funny in comparison) I don't consider that the level is much higher or even that in terms of the show there has a big difference. In summary, marketing is of great importance and does not reflect true values.

Quick point of order, the Championship is the second tier of the English football pyramid. The Premier League is the one with the financial resources and world media attention. 

The championship is also a strong league with some very decent clubs. Except for Notts Forest, they're crap. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Quick point of order, the Championship is the second tier of the English football pyramid. The Premier League is the one with the financial resources and world media attention. 

The championship is also a strong league with some very decent clubs. Except for Notts Forest, they're crap. 

Yes, I know that, but you're a bit fiddling. It's just that google translate doesn't know the structure of football in England perfectly.

@saintexupery

"Bout de cloche" seems to be a calque (a rough translation) of a colloquial term in English for what would be termed the  glans in medical Latin.

Je crois qu'on pourrait dire "le gland" en français.

Happy to help.

;)

4 hours ago, AKCJ said:

I think on the whole our midfield has been decent. 

Wenn the same consistent non-protective sh*t. Keeps Coming week in week out, Minute vor Minute over a season  defefens will always break..

When forwards get Litte service or Time to hold the ball, not suprising  then, when one sees our back line forced into errors..

I've watched ' Law & order ' I know..:P

4 hours ago, ScrumpyJack said:

Never enjoyed a 2-1 loss so much!

I think the only other time we've lost a 2nd leg match and won the tie overall, was in 1992-93 ... in the days when the first 2 rounds of the League Cup were 2-legged ... when in the 2nd round, we beat Peterborough Utd 2-0 at home, and lost 2-1 away.

Not exactly comparable to last night in terms of atmosphere and tension, mind!

14 hours ago, Allo_Allozh said:

To be fair, the game yesterday is not one where the referee really is to blame (although it felt a bit like he lost track of the game after being knocked on the head), but we do have a pretty incredible history of being ripped off by the UEFA every time we play an English team... I guess the coach, the fans and some other people at the club are feeling like the coin always fall on the same side...

Plus, no-one involved in a game with such emotional intensity (Those last few minutes were exhausting for all of us I believe) should be made to speak publicly about their experience less than 20 minutes later. I'm sure if you look at Genesio's pre-game press conference for the return of Ligue 1 this week-end, you'll find he will be much more measured already about what happened...

Funnily enough, we had some shocking decisions against us in our early European adventures under Martin O'Niell. I think it is gutting beyond measure to walk away from an unprecedented european campaign with a bitter finish. Much as VAR can be problematic, I would like to see it used in such games.

I think one of the refs was done for corruption not long after our unjust exit (against Atletico Madrid?), and if I remember right, Garry Parker got booked in a way I have never seen before or since, then later got sent off for a 2nd yellow. I think it is fair to say that the Spanish police and that ref took some of the shine off of our brief taste of european football.

I hope you get more chances on the big stage, and I really hope we get there too. It's worth remembering our european route through PL position looks really tough, so we made compromises against Arsenal to help us stay fresh.