Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OntarioFox

Rennes 2-1 LCFC (2-3 Agg) Post Match Thread

For those who dispute my point of view, and that of Génésio, as I said, besides the two games against Leicester, the history of Rennes' other games against English clubs, when examined closely, is more that surprising, and raises questions. So after the games against Arsenal and Chelsea, everyone was wondering when other English clubs were drawn, how are we going to get screwed this time🤔? And it was not just the impression of ultras, simple supporters or Bretons! But hey, that's how it is. Now, the VAR (which is not the solution to everything, no doubt), why its absence in a European competition? It's amazing. Otherwise, there were around ten injured Rennes supporters during the first goal, a stampede in enthusiasm due to a barrier giving way. No serious injuries. An unanswered question: if Alemdar, the goalkeeper this evening, had been in place of the holder Gomis in the first leg, wouldn't it have been better for Rennes.... Good night at home, I will follow the following this Cup.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

What a load of shite. Better side over two legs? You had four shots on target over two legs.

And how is he moaning about var? Var should have sent one of your players off.

Sour sour grades from him.

Didn't realise Thomas Frank had taken over at Rennes. 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

What a load of shite. Better side over two legs? You had four shots on target over two legs.

And how is he moaning about var? Var should have sent one of your players off.

Sour sour grades from him.

Genesio is a good and weighted trainer, be polite with him!😉

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Roazhon said:

Sounds like just another moaning bad loser manager to me. We have plenty of them in the Premier League…

Rennes Ultras were attacking normal civilian non hooligans Leicester fans walking around on there own or in v small groups. Scum

1 hour ago, Roazhon said:

Ignoring ones own players falling over regularly, over 2 games some bad tackles..

So many free-kicks  & claims of VAR would show who is guilty , in any game both sides have calls on  poor descisions...

ifs ,might-bees,could have,could & should Part of the game, it depends in the day,

and which players plays  the other parts of the game better...

Edited by fuchsntf

Sunbury Fox > So I lack class too! 😜 But when you follow the Stade Rennes closely and know its recent European "adventures" (during which the same questions as those of Génésio who was not at the time our coach were asked), his remarks (not discourteous, which also takes into account Rennes' own weaknesses) are relevant. And I understand that supporters who know little about Rennes do not fully understand the nature and meaning of his (my) remarks. Once again, Génésio is a responsible, balanced and honest trainer. In any case, we Rennes supporters are asking ourselves some serious questions!

3 minutes ago, Roazhon said:

Sunbury Fox > So I lack class too! 😜 But when you follow the Stade Rennes closely and know its recent European "adventures" (during which the same questions as those of Génésio who was not at the time our coach were asked), his remarks (not discourteous, which also takes into account Rennes' own weaknesses) are relevant. And I understand that supporters who know little about Rennes do not fully understand the nature and meaning of his (my) remarks. Once again, Génésio is a responsible, balanced and honest trainer. In any case, we Rennes supporters are asking ourselves some serious questions!

You've been an excellent poster on here but disappointed that you're defending the kind of nonsense that your coach has come out with. 

22 minutes ago, Roazhon said:

It's Stade Rennais! 

6 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Bruno Genesio: “When you organize a European competition, you have to organize it under the same conditions as the others, otherwise it's useless. Maybe Leicester is more attractive than Rennes for a quarter-final.

Making accusation about corruption. Very salty.

Edited by stu

41 minutes ago, enmac said:

Better than any PL ref I've seen this season especially with that fanatical home atmosphere. 

Yes thought the ref did well. They were a typical European side pushing it to the limit. 

Was impressed with our time wasting though, we are learning. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

If there's some sort of high level corruption to favour us going on why did the ref play about 8 and half minutes stoppage time and why did he only give a yellow for a studs up definite red card which would have swung the game massively in our favour. 

The only thing that in anyway was possibly contagious was the last second handball from KDH, but even with VAR is was 50/50. It’s the only decision that if the other way round I’d have wanted. Especially in the last minute. But when you watch it back in the cold light of day it’d have been harsh. Headed onto his arm after he was pushed.

Everything else was just appeals about nothing, thought the ref had a good game overall and any comments like the ones from Genesio just comes across as sour and salty. Don’t think there was anything in the first leg that was remotely controversial? 

it was a good tie, thought Stade Rennes we’re excellent overall, fantastic atmosphere. Good luck for the rest of the season 

Sad to hear some of the shite coming out from the Rennes camp. They are letting the final 15-20 mins cloud their judgement. We were the better team in the 1st leg and were pretty comfortable up until their 2nd goal in this game. Better team won no doubt and some of the antics from the Rennes players was awful, diving in the area, crying for handball. They made Arsenal look like good sportsman. Finally the ref was superb and the Rennes manager should be ashamed of himself accusing him of being corrupt. He should watch our game against Atletico in 1997, to see corruption. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

étonnante!!! c'était tout ce qui nous manquait. Même vesty était énorme pour nous 

Il a plutôt été catastrophique avec ses coups-france en touche. L'homme du match, c'est l'arbitre qui vous préserve d'au moins 2 pénaltys indiscutables sur 5 situations litigieuses (Traoré en première mi-temps, Terrier à 1-1, Meling au début des arrêts de jeu, Guirassy au milieu et la main indiscutable sur notre dernier coup-franc. Honteuse et scandaleuse qualification de votre équipe. Je ne serais pas fier à votre place. 

Nous, au moins on a joué au foot.

Je suis terriblement dépité car on a été exceptionnel (nous supporters) et nos joueurs ont été admirables et on méritait au moins les prolongations.

Heureux d'avoir partagé avec vous ici et j'espère votre victoire finale pour qu'on se dise qu'on ait perdu contre le vainqueur mais j'ai du mal à y croire.