Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OntarioFox

Rennes 2-1 LCFC (2-3 Agg) Post Match Thread

Il y a 2 heures, Théière Chocolat a dit :

Quelle charge de merde. Meilleur côté sur deux jambes ? Vous avez eu quatre tirs cadrés sur deux jambes.

Et comment se plaint-il du var ? Var aurait dû expulser un de vos joueurs.

Raisins aigres aigres de lui.

Les tirs cadrés ne disent pas tout. Combien d'occasions dans le jeu pour vous ? Aucune (toutes sur phases arrêtées ou en contre-attaque).

On est empêcher de plusieurs tirs cadrés par des arbitrages très favorable pour vous. La faute de Warmed vaut jaune car il reste du monde derrière.

35 minutes ago, Roazhon Da Viken said:

Il a plutôt été catastrophique avec ses coups-france en touche. L'homme du match, c'est l'arbitre qui vous préserve d'au moins 2 pénaltys indiscutables sur 5 situations litigieuses (Traoré en première mi-temps, Terrier à 1-1, Meling au début des arrêts de jeu, Guirassy au milieu et la main indiscutable sur notre dernier coup-franc. Honteuse et scandaleuse qualification de votre équipe. Je ne serais pas fier à votre place. 

Nous, au moins on a joué au foot.

Je suis terriblement dépité car on a été exceptionnel (nous supporters) et nos joueurs ont été admirables et on méritait au moins les prolongations.

Heureux d'avoir partagé avec vous ici et j'espère votre victoire finale pour qu'on se dise qu'on ait perdu contre le vainqueur mais j'ai du mal à y croire.

Mauvais perdant!

2 hours ago, shanetko said:

Rennes Ultras were attacking normal civilian non hooligans Leicester fans walking around on there own or in v small groups. Scum

Yeah me and my mates got caught out unexpectedly :thumbdown:

Shame cus their fans were class in the stands.

Edited by Stuntman_Mike

Most arrogant fans I’ve ever met - numerous times today told we were going to lose 4-0 and then post match how undeserved it was (literally after the highlights which involved us having more chances). 

Reminded of Sevilla‘s fans. Utter arrogant willy pullers. Good job their birds are nice and friendly 

4 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

What a load of shite. Better side over two legs? You had four shots on target over two legs.

And how is he moaning about var? Var should have sent one of your players off.

Sour sour grapes from him.

Utter willy pullers CT. Was lovely watching their player stare at ours celebrating 🥳

4 hours ago, Roazhon said:

For those who dispute my point of view, and that of Génésio, as I said, besides the two games against Leicester, the history of Rennes' other games against English clubs, when examined closely, is more that surprising, and raises questions. So after the games against Arsenal and Chelsea, everyone was wondering when other English clubs were drawn, how are we going to get screwed this time🤔? And it was not just the impression of ultras, simple supporters or Bretons! But hey, that's how it is. Now, the VAR (which is not the solution to everything, no doubt), why its absence in a European competition? It's amazing. Otherwise, there were around ten injured Rennes supporters during the first goal, a stampede in enthusiasm due to a barrier giving way. No serious injuries. An unanswered question: if Alemdar, the goalkeeper this evening, had been in place of the holder Gomis in the first leg, wouldn't it have been better for Rennes.... Good night at home, I will follow the following this Cup.

It wasn’t a penalty. Never ever a penalty. If VAR existed you’d have had ten men for a cowards tackle on Barnes 

5 hours ago, Roazhon said:

For those who dispute my point of view, and that of Génésio, as I said, besides the two games against Leicester, the history of Rennes' other games against English clubs, when examined closely, is more that surprising, and raises questions. So after the games against Arsenal and Chelsea, everyone was wondering when other English clubs were drawn, how are we going to get screwed this time🤔? And it was not just the impression of ultras, simple supporters or Bretons! But hey, that's how it is. Now, the VAR (which is not the solution to everything, no doubt), why its absence in a European competition? It's amazing. Otherwise, there were around ten injured Rennes supporters during the first goal, a stampede in enthusiasm due to a barrier giving way. No serious injuries. An unanswered question: if Alemdar, the goalkeeper this evening, had been in place of the holder Gomis in the first leg, wouldn't it have been better for Rennes.... Good night at home, I will follow the following this Cup.

I noticed on your forum, a few turned against Alemdar as soon as he let Fofana's header through.  But I thought he was an obvious improvement!

You folks have been a breath of fresh air as far as opposition fans go, but -- though understandable -- your reactions after the fact are just sour grapes.  It was a closely fought tie, it could have gone either way, but it was not decided by any injustice.

I’ve just watched the highlights back.

For me, that’s 80 / 20 not getting given as a hand ball by VAR anyway. Even at the other end and our fans are calling for that, it’s clutching at straws. 

It was a good game to watch. They are a really good side going forward and exciting to watch.

I hope Brendan was watching, some of their movement down the left particularly how easy they were able to get in behind us.

A very well coached side with some quality players.

That went pretty much as expected.

2-1 Rennes was my pre match prediction.

Rennes better on the night but just didn't have enough to pull off the come back.

Our season stays "alive" hanging by a thread.

Can we win this competition?

No fuching chance.

Well done Wes, rusty but it made me feel warm inside seeing you back in the shirt.

5 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Yeah me and my mates got caught out unexpectedly :thumbdown:

Shame cus their fans were class in the stands.

Sorry to hear that. Hope nobody got injured.

Their support in ground probs second best I’ve ever experienced. Legia the best by a mile.

6 hours ago, Roazhon Da Viken said:

Il a plutôt été catastrophique avec ses coups-france en touche. L'homme du match, c'est l'arbitre qui vous préserve d'au moins 2 pénaltys indiscutables sur 5 situations litigieuses (Traoré en première mi-temps, Terrier à 1-1, Meling au début des arrêts de jeu, Guirassy au milieu et la main indiscutable sur notre dernier coup-franc. Honteuse et scandaleuse qualification de votre équipe. Je ne serais pas fier à votre place. 

Je suis terriblement dépité car on a été exceptionnel (nous supporters) et nos joueurs ont été admirables et on méritait au moins les prolongations.

Heureux d'avoir partagé avec vous ici et j'espère votre victoire finale pour qu'on se dise qu'on ait perdu contre le vainqueur mais j'ai du mal à y croire.

For those of us who can read and understand this, it is apparent that he is a tad more diplomatic and nicer about us in our language than he is in his own.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

In the prem that’s handball and a penalty, but after the challenge on Barnes (which should have been a red card) I’m delighted with how it ended to be honest. 

Rennes are a really good side on the ball that lack a bit of cutting edge, and are vulnerable at the back because their full back positioning given they play a back 4. 

Edited by FoxesWalk

2 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

For those of us who can read and understand this, it is apparent that he is a tad more diplomatic and nicer about us in our language than he is in his own.

He's not responding to any of the comments rebuking his daft takes, obvious troll is obvious.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, saintexupery said:
Bravo to Leicester. However, sorry but very disappointed with the level of the English championship. A lot of financial means but what must you be bored with such a fake team that didn't want to play. Are all teams like this? I would hang myself in front of my TV if I saw this every weekend. Pitiful....

image.png.2fa19df954a8577fe4500303ade156de.png

Yeah the championship is pretty bad quality.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, saintexupery said:
Bravo to Leicester. However, sorry but very disappointed with the level of the English championship. A lot of financial means but what must you be bored with such a fake team that didn't want to play. Are all teams like this? I would hang myself in front of my TV if I saw this every weekend. Pitiful....

I mean, that's a bit much, but yeah, we're not having a great season. I don't think our performance was a great representation of ourselves, or Premier League football! The first leg was a much better representation of that.

7 hours ago, Roazhon Da Viken said:

Acceptez simplement que vous ayez perdu et continuez votre vie mon ami.

:thumbup:

23 minutes ago, saintexupery said:

Imagine how many we would of beat you by if we did want to play. I also think you spent more money than us in the summer. 

11 hours ago, Mark said:

He's better on the left and that partnership with Barnes last season was a big reason we were top four till both got crocked.

Agreed but some of our best work recently has come from the Thomas, KDH and Barnes down the left, good problems to have