Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OntarioFox

Rennes 2-1 LCFC (2-3 Agg) Post Match Thread

5 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Gives zero context. 

Was there the opportunity to clear stuff away? Have UEFA/French govt ensure it must be a deep clean? Did we have a plane to catch by a certain time?

i just found the level of crying from Rennes fans in the comments funny that's all. Why the f are fans so upset about a changing room being left messy !

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, turlo said:

i just found the level of crying from Rennes fans in the comments funny that's all. Why the f are fans so upset about a changing room being left messy !

Alas you won’t see them getting all protective/defending about City fans being chased and attacked every day in the three I’ve been here in Rennes. 

They wait till you in a smaller group and have a go. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

7 hours ago, turlo said:

You don't know what goes on or is said on the pitch. We had players scythed down, injuries, some ridiculous penalty shouts, and at the final whistle they didn't just let the players go over to the fans to celebrate without a lot of pushing and shoving, so it wouldn't surprise me if there was worse said that we haven't heard about. 

I think our players did well to rise above it and not get more involved. Leaving a bit of a mess in changing rooms might have been a way of making a point.

(although no damage looks visible: 1 man with a bin sack could probably clear 90% of that in 5 mins and its probably not much different from normal: its just that most teams aren't petty enough to tweet pictures!) 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Golden Fox said:

its probably not much different from normal

Must admit, that was a thought I had too. It's maybe par for the course and I assume there's a cleaning crew that comes in to clean up at most grounds. I'm guessing nobody has taken a dump anywhere so count your blessings!   

1 minute ago, frakenfox said:

Must admit, that was a thought I had too. It's maybe par for the course and I assume there's a cleaning crew that comes in to clean up at most grounds. I'm guessing nobody has taken a dump anywhere so count your blessings!   

I think savage was on co coms ……

but he could have been in a room in east London ….

Rennes seem to have taken this very badly. That's what happens when you have been convinced by the coaches and media they will go through. Plenty of arrogance around and very little class. Good experience for them. 

Au Revoir :wave:

• Like 2

Guest David Oldfields Gate
7 hours ago, turlo said:

Haha. When you can walk the street in France without dancing around dog poo then I'll get upset we haven't hoovered the dressing room before departure.

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Alas you won’t see them getting all protective/defending about City fans being chased and attacked every day in the three I’ve been here in Rennes. 

They wait till you in a smaller group and have a go. 

Heard some nasty stories last night.

But we're the scum according to the clowns on here, and I "shouldn't generalise" :giggle:

Guest David Oldfields Gate
29 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Heard some nasty stories last night.

But we're the scum according to the clowns on here, and I "shouldn't generalise" :giggle:

Has everyone made it back in one piece? I thought after the F&F sillyness they may have had their moment but I heard albeit third hand of people being picked off after the game around town. Which seems odd given the paddy day otherwise jovial atmosphere.

Il y a 3 heures, Bourbon Fox a dit :

Tu as perdu.

Pas de complot.

C'est du foot.

Tu parles comme un enfant - arrête de te plaindre.

Pas de larmes. Que des faits back to match now :

Edited by Roazhon

1 hour ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

Has everyone made it back in one piece? I thought after the F&F sillyness they may have had their moment but I heard albeit third hand of people being picked off after the game around town. Which seems odd given the paddy day otherwise jovial atmosphere.

Not sure to be honest. But there's probably been more trouble here than anywhere else by the sounds of it and all stemming from their fans. Lots of posters complaining about our fans have suddenly gone oh so quiet. No doubt they'll all come flooding back when someone in L1 throws a hand gesture at the Eindhoven fans in a couple of weeks.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

There was lad which I didn’t see but one of our group did see a City fan with a really bad cut to this head. 

Three of them tried to intimidate my 66 year old dad on Thursday night but strugged his shoulders and they left him alone 

Why does nothing ever add up?

For this match, the club said we had been given 1396 tickets, including 4 wheelchair spaces.

Just before the tickets went "off sale" on Friday 11th March, there were 176 tickets left (50 Lower + 126 Upper tier).

So I make that approx 1220 tickets sold.    Yet the offical club match report said there were 1100 away fans.

Or in their words ... "Decked in all blue, with 1,100 away supporters making themselves heard in the vociferous Roazhon Park, the Foxes repelled early pressure from Les Rouge et Noir, with Fofana a commanding presence in the opening few minutes."

https://www.lcfc.com/news/2538879/special-fofana-goal-sends-city-into-uecl-quarterfinals/featured

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

For this match, the club said we had been given 1396 tickets, including 4 wheelchair spaces.

Just before the tickets went "off sale" on Friday 11th March, there were 176 tickets left (50 Lower + 126 Upper tier).

So I make that approx 1220 tickets sold.    Yet the offical club match report said there were 1100 away fans.

Or in their words ... "Decked in all blue, with 1,100 away supporters making themselves heard in the vociferous Roazhon Park, the Foxes repelled early pressure from Les Rouge et Noir, with Fofana a commanding presence in the opening few minutes."

https://www.lcfc.com/news/2538879/special-fofana-goal-sends-city-into-uecl-quarterfinals/featured

Some of them could have been no-shows I suppose. I saw in another thread someone said there were 54 tickets for Randers bought by people who simply didn't show up at the game.

Just got back from Rennes. Had a great time, saw no trouble at all. The French were friendly and we enjoyed great food and a few beers in the bars around the old part of what is a fantastic city. Hard to believe its population is about the same size as Leicester. 

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
21 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Club have a deadline to go back and confirm tickets for. They weren't sold and some didn't turn up 

32 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Unfortunately the club are never completely transparent on these matters and this is nothing new in recent years.

It's a real shame and is a major blight on the club hierarchy IMO.